Full court press

3 posters

Go down

Full court press Empty Full court press

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:54 am

Guys you have to go over to redsarmy and check out Game 7 from the 74 Finals, man its gonna bring back memories. Seeing Cowens and Hondo and JoJo in their heyday, its really really must SEE!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Full court press Empty '74 Finals

Post by painter33 Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Watching the film I came away with some thoughts, not earth-shattering, but interesting to me. First was how intensely and aggressively Cowens played Jabbar but how little defense Jabbar played. Cowens also shot many times from what would now would be 3-pt range. Oscar so favored his right that he almost looked like an incomplete player. Given the pace of play it's easy to see how teams would normally score well over a 100 points - the 24-second clock rarely came into play. Jabbar also was as big a baby as ever played in the NBA - he gave Oscar competition in that aspect. Oscar never committed a foul in his life (much like LaQueen). Mostly, it was great hearing Most (no pun intended) again. In those days my wife and I would regularly go to Logan to welcome them back from a conference or division winning series or game. No security, just us and a few others there to clap for a job well done. Thanks for the reference.
painter33
painter33

Back to top Go down

Full court press Empty Re: Full court press

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I went to Mountain Mike's today for lunch (Mountain Mike's is a pizza chain with a bazillion TVs) and they have NBA TV. I watched the 1981 EC Finals Game 7 between Boston and Philly (with Dr. J, Andrew Toney, Darryl Dawkins from Lovetron, Mo, Lionel Hollins, Catchings and Bobby Jones). When that game was over they played the 1984 EC Semi-Finals Game 7 against NY (with one of the best fast break wing players in history, Bernard King).

Best lunch I've had in a long time. Longest lunch I've had in a long time too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Full court press Empty Re: Full court press

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down