Jeb.... some early posts

2 posters

Go down

Jeb.... some early posts Empty Jeb.... some early posts

Post by beat Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 am

Went back and found this GEM from Jeb.
and rather than just post his comments I decieded the interchanges from the board with him need to be included not a long thread only one page.

From October 30, 2009

espn gives me a rash

by jeb on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm

.I used to love it. The pioneer guys I still love...Berman (jose can you see that cruise missile) , Olberman etc but increasingly it all seems like too cute contrived smarmy hollywood crap. I somehow wound up with a scrip to "the mag" and picked up the nba copy to find out there is no content in there. It is front running, Kobe gazing, shoe selling short attention span crap. Sportscenter is unbearable. A coarsening of the culture. Flash and pop, all hat no cattle. Hollinger and all of their nba writers kneel at the Lebron altar and worship the tomohawk jam and other cheap thrills. In part becoming a part of the decline of the beauty of the game.

Anyway I could go on but I could also be full of crap. What do yall think?

jeb

Re: espn gives me a rash
by gacracker on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:43 pm

.ESPN was a lot more fun two years ago when they were kneeling at the altar of the new look Celtic's Big Three.

Crap just the same but it was our crap and I reveled in it. Nowadays not so much.

GC.
gacracker

by jeb on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:31 pm

.GC

One thing I dug was that the experts were picking Lakes in 6. Across the board. We couldnt deal with Kobe. It was fun to watch them be forced to adjust to a new reality...one where Kobe was just a selfish player against a better all around team and Phil was looking very common and clearly being outcoached..
jeb

by gacracker on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:03 pm

.Agreed. They had to adjust to the new reality that teamwork and "d" beats Kobe like a drum. Will again this year, too.

The only reason I return to ESPN is for the Stein NBA rankings which I find compelling. Hollinger....not at all anymore. I had to toss his computerized (boop, beep, bip, bop, BING, BING, BING) ranking methods out the window sometime back in favor of Stein and his committee of one. I could follow Stein much easier.

Otherwise, maybe for scores but with no running commentary/analyses.

Sure as hell would not pay for "Insider" info. That smacks of pure B.S., a cross between grifter come on and Ernest Angley faith healing.

GC.
gacracker

by jeb on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:32 pm

.Dude did you just say Ernest Angley?

God bless you. That makes me as happy as Mr Wrestling #2.

Jeb.
jeb

by Hoopdeedoo on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:37 pm

.I only watch it now for nba, college football and baseball games. If I have to hear more than 1 minute of Michael Wilbon and his dramatic and stupid sportswriter opinions I'll puncture both eardrums and become a nun.
When I want a Celtics fix I go to Boston Herald and the Globe or here. When I want Pro football I've been reading blogs. To me it's kind of like Fox News. They have an agenda and thats it. No objective enough for me.
Hoop.
Hoopdeedoo

by jeb on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 pm

.Hoopdeedoo

The agenda ...like a sweet puppy lick the hand that feeds them. They wont do or say anything that threatens the money train.

I go to their nba page when I am desperate but always leave wishing I hadn't.

Jeb.
jeb

by Hoopdeedoo on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:03 pm

.It will be interesting to see how theTim McConagy thing is handled. My guess is there will be no hard reporting on the subject. Just get the broom out like were told.
Hoop.
Hoopdeedoo

by jeb on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:12 pm

.The officiating in the nba is crooked as a slinky. We all know it..
jeb

by LACELTFAN on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:32 pm

.jeb65 wrote:
GC

One thing I dug was that the experts were picking Lakes in 6. Across the board. We couldnt deal with Kobe. It was fun to watch them be forced to adjust to a new reality...one where Kobe was just a selfish player against a better all around team and Phil was looking very common and clearly being outcoached.

I have to admit, I kind of enjoy all the experts falling all over themselves to pick the Lakers, Cleveland, Orlando, etc. etc., especially the Lakers. I would think that it would almost be a tool that Doc can use at times..
LACELTFAN

by 112288 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:38 pm

.Sorry to ruin Mike Breens night in Boston. He's the biggest NYK lacky but also a Kobie kiss-up! You could hear that he was shocked at how Boston took out Chicago.

by jeb on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 am

.My internet been out. But boys the Mavs just shellacked the Lakes.

Whom looked 1. entitled 2. old 3. whiny 4. humiliated 5. out of sync

If i was a towel I would have been worried Sasha was gonna 1. throw me 2. use me to wipe up his eurotears.

all in all a fine night of hoop..
jeb

quite a hunk indeed with new shorter "do"
by gacracker on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 am

.jeb65 wrote:

If i was a towel I would have been worried Sasha was gonna 1. throw me 2. use me to wipe up his eurotears.

all in all a fine night of hoop.

A new "do" for Sasha if you've not noticed.

Shorter, thoroughly modern, naurally curly, easily maintained (blow dry now optional) young-man-on-the-goish and frames the face perfectly, sans headband.

Accentuates those dark, expressive eyes, those pouty lips and that chisled dimpled chin... instead of that greasy, shaggy ass pelt.

Sasha, can a photo shoot in Playgirl mag be in your future? Horoscope, please!

GC.
gacracker

by jeb on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:04 pm

.Sasha is 100 % Laker. He spends 1800.00 per year on "product" and has a man purse. His voice quivers when he speaks to Kobe.

Seriously, Ray broke him. Lakes are a force but they aint got anywhere near the bench we do. The crowd was booing. And then they were chanting mvp at Kobe. It must be hard to have to get out of bed every morning and decide who you are going to be that day.

Laker D was pretty awful. No effort. Just expected the Mavs to quake in terror.

jeb

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Jeb.... some early posts Empty Re: Jeb.... some early posts

Post by pete Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 am

Great stuff beat, thanks.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down