Impact Workout, Las Vegas

3 posters

Go down

Impact Workout, Las Vegas Empty Impact Workout, Las Vegas

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:10 pm

There's a competitive workout clinic going on, right now, in Las Vegas. NBA players are assigned to teams, with an eye for league parity. Here's the link to the Impact website, http://www.impactbball.com/competitive-league/index.html. Celtic players include Jermaine O'Neal and Avery Bradley.

Here's a link to the league stats, which is also available from the above website. The Celtic's Avery Bradley seems to be doing a very good job, scoring 14 points on 7-10 shooting, 5 assists and only 1 TO. It won't hurt Bradley to have a respected veteran like JON talking him up with Doc and the rest of the HOFers on the Celtics. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtjIXqHyH09QdFZoMElpdVdzVmc2UFlNNldkdExPMUE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I know, I know, it's not real NBA play, but it's something. It may even be all we get this season, so sop it up.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Impact Workout, Las Vegas Empty Re: Impact Workout, Las Vegas

Post by Sam Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Bob,

Is there an indicator of the number of games that have produced these stats?

It looks like old friend Tony Allen is more than holding his own.

I guess it's a good sign that Jermaine O'Neal feels up to a competitive summer experience. Here's hoping he takes good care of himself.

Thanks for the post.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 am

sam,

No, there's no indicator of the number of games that I'm aware of.

I believe the stats above related to 2 games (as of the date of viewing), but don't quote me on that. The way I look at these stats is in the context to the other players. For example, if Bradley scores 17 and everybody else is scoring 10, he's scoring well offensively. If he's shooting 7-10 and his peers are shooting 3-8, then he's offensively efficient. An assumption I use is that they are all playing in the same number of games, but the minutes may vary, so his 17 points may come on more minutes, but I'm also assuming that, since this is a workout clinic and not a league per se, all the players will be given enough minutes to get a workout. So, as the clinic goes on, day after day, the minutes for all the players will all end up within hailing distance of each other (especially for the guards, of which there seems to be many), naturally normalizing the results mas ou menos.

Either way, 5 assists and only 1 TO is a good ratio for Bradley.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Bob,

A heck of a good ratio, and a steal thrown in for good measure. Moreover, I won't soon forget that one "real" game in which he was turned loose and went semi-wild. Who knows whether he's the real deal or not? Especially at the point. But it's easy to see why the Celtics brass didn't unload him with guys like Harangody and Semih to make room for some of the "still don't feel quite at home" incomers.

Agreed that the stats are best evaluated on a relative basis. Some of the figures just seemed quite a bit different than I would have expected if all of the players had received roughly equal time. Actually, number of minutes would have been more relevant than number of games anyway.

Anyway, it's great just to be able to look at some current basketball stats for a change.

"Mas ou menos," huh? I think all that travel has you speaking in mixed tongues.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 pm

sam wrote:Bob,

A heck of a good ratio, and a steal thrown in for good measure. Moreover, I won't soon forget that one "real" game in which he was turned loose and went semi-wild. Who knows whether he's the real deal or not? Especially at the point. But it's easy to see why the Celtics brass didn't unload him with guys like Harangody and Semih to make room for some of the "still don't feel quite at home" incomers.

Agreed that the stats are best evaluated on a relative basis. Some of the figures just seemed quite a bit different than I would have expected if all of the players had received roughly equal time. Actually, number of minutes would have been more relevant than number of games anyway.

Anyway, it's great just to be able to look at some current basketball stats for a change.

"Mas ou menos," huh? I think all that travel has you speaking in mixed tongues.

Sam

sam,

His wingspan might offset the fact that he's a tweener because of his height. Then again, if he steps up as a point guard, even a moderately acceptable one, he'll be able to run the 2nd unit and that's all I want.

I got it right, plus o moins. :-0

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Bob,

That's much better!

If Bradley develops into a second unit PG, we could see a second unit operating at warp speed not far down the road.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:59 pm

I can see why they drafted this kid, his athleticism is off the charts for a 6'2" player, has some TA and Rondo in his game, hope he can get it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down