we land dooling now..

5 posters

Go down

we land dooling now.. Empty we land dooling now..

Post by Matty Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 pm

this isnt a horrible deal, landing kenyon, but does this mean Delonte isnt coming back? i thought for sure more emphesis would be put on bring him, Davis and Green back.. then securing another Big..

well, at least a team is taking shape..

lakers now have paul, but no Odom and gasol... im sortof wishing we had Perkins back now an awefull LOT..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

we land dooling now.. Empty Re: we land dooling now..

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Sign and trade with Green for Perkins? Very Happy

that would be something.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 am

I read on a blog that Dooling led the Bucks last year in +/- (i.e. whenever he was on the floor the Bucks' lead increased more (or deficit shrank more) than when any other Buck was on the floor.

The blog also said that NJ's defense improved by 10 points per 100 possessions and Milwaukee's improved by 3 points per 100 possessions (the complete absence of defense on NJ might make the injection of any defensive player make a big difference).

Can't shoot on the move, can't create his own shot, doesn't take it to the rim aggressively, pretty decent from spot-up 3 and defense, defense, defense.

A proven 31-year old veteran that does something (defense) very well, who takes care of the ball (career 2.28 assists, 1.13 turnovers) for a 2nd round pick.

I don't know what this all says about Bradley and West, but I'm ok with this pickup without taking that into account.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am

We got Dooling by using the trade exception that we got late last year when we traded Marquis. We didn't have to spend the mini-MLE to get him, priorities suggests that the mini-MLE be saved for a big. Delonte may want more than the small raise that we can give him, so we now have a replacement for Delonte.

If Delonte will take the little we can offer him, I'm sure Danny would sign him. It just looks like Delonte would like more.

I read somewhere that we signed Troy Murphy. I take that as a good sign. KG - JJJ - Troy just about covers the 4 slot.

Question: Can Troy Murphy cover the 5 spot in any way?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 am

gyso wrote:We got Dooling by using the trade exception that we got late last year when we traded Marquis. We didn't have to spend the mini-MLE to get him, priorities suggests that the mini-MLE be saved for a big. Delonte may want more than the small raise that we can give him, so we now have a replacement for Delonte.

If Delonte will take the little we can offer him, I'm sure Danny would sign him. It just looks like Delonte would like more.

I read somewhere that we signed Troy Murphy. I take that as a good sign. KG - JJJ - Troy just about covers the 4 slot.

Question: Can Troy Murphy cover the 5 spot in any way?

gyso,

Yes, Troy Murphy can cover the 5 spot in any way.

Badly.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:43 am

gyso wrote:Question: Can Troy Murphy cover the 5 spot in any way?
Troy Murphy is listed as 6-11, 245, so he is a big body. As a defender, he's... um... not considered exactly stellar. But he used to be able to rebound -- he has averaged double figures five times. He used to be a versatile inside-outside scorer -- double figures eight of 10 seasons with range out to three-land. But after being traded to New Jersey, last season was a disaster for him. With the Nets, he had (I believe) both injury and illness issues, and on top of that, new coach Avery Johnson looked at Murphy like the neighbor's dog had just pooped on his lawn. Avery refused to play him. Murphy hasn't been the same since.

How Murphy looks in camp and the early games will tell a lot. Did he spend the long offseason working hard to get back in shape? Has he regained his offensive game? If the answer is "yes" to those questions, then I'd personally have faith that Doc can get make Murphy the best he's been defensively. Murphy is a bright guy. He's not afraid to mix it up. He didn't show anything with the Celtics at the end of last season, but he could be an important asset. To me, it all depends on how he spent his summer, and that should become evident pretty quickly.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Outside wrote:
gyso wrote:Question: Can Troy Murphy cover the 5 spot in any way?
Troy Murphy is listed as 6-11, 245, so he is a big body. As a defender, he's... um... not considered exactly stellar. But he used to be able to rebound -- he has averaged double figures five times. He used to be a versatile inside-outside scorer -- double figures eight of 10 seasons with range out to three-land. But after being traded to New Jersey, last season was a disaster for him. With the Nets, he had (I believe) both injury and illness issues, and on top of that, new coach Avery Johnson looked at Murphy like the neighbor's dog had just pooped on his lawn. Avery refused to play him. Murphy hasn't been the same since.

How Murphy looks in camp and the early games will tell a lot. Did he spend the long offseason working hard to get back in shape? Has he regained his offensive game? If the answer is "yes" to those questions, then I'd personally have faith that Doc can get make Murphy the best he's been defensively. Murphy is a bright guy. He's not afraid to mix it up. He didn't show anything with the Celtics at the end of last season, but he could be an important asset. To me, it all depends on how he spent his summer, and that should become evident pretty quickly.

Outside

outside,

I agree with your points. I remember Murphy fondly from his GSW days (speaking of screwed, we still need a center there too). I was more disappointed when Murphy went to Indiana (as part of the Stephen Jackson trade) than with the departure of Dunleavy even though Dunleavy was a much higher draft pick and probably more versatile. Murph is definitely not afraid to stick his nose in for a defensive rebound. He lacks the live body it takes to get offensive boards (and always has) but he rebounds defensively well.

Unfortunately, I think that a longtime veteran like Troy Murphy won't come to anybody's camp without a real contract. He's not Mike Sweetney (yet) and doesn't think (nor does he want anybody else to think) that he's that low on the totem pole. So, who takes a flyer on Murphy after his abysmal last season and offers him a no-cut contract? Neither Avery Johnson nor Doc Rivers showed much faith in him and, quite frankly, he came to us badly out of shape, so Doc's lack of faith is at least understandable. That may be what other GMs are looking at. A 10 year veteran that can barely get off the bench and, when he does, can barely get his legs under him for a jumpshot.

Judging by how many times his name has been popping up on the rumor mills, the line must be stretching down the block (that was a joke, in case it didn't come through).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down