The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe

3 posters

Go down

The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe Empty The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe

Post by Sam Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 am

To no one in particular,

This season seems destined to be one of compromise, adjustments, chance-taking, and anticipation. Some of the intangible considerations involved in trading (e.g. concerns about chemistry, attitude and character) have given way to the mandates of expedience and risk.

IF the Celtics get West (I'm getting sick of using that "IF" qualifier) and IF West is healthy (a definite element of risk), it appears that Danny is banking on a combination of skill and some heft outweighing (no pun intended) height up front. IF they include JJJ in a West deal, it appears that Danny is also counting on bagging a top-rate center either late in this season or during the next offseason.

It looks as though LA is amenable to taking a major chance by using Howard, perhaps Paul, and Kobe in iron man roles this season, supported by 12 munchkins, as Mitch also anticipates the upcoming free agency spree.

I think the loss of Chandler could turn Dallas into a one hit wonder, and we'll see if Eddie Curry will be an answer for Miami, which will undoubtedly be very strong unless hit by key injuries. As much as I hate to admit it, the Knicks will be tough opponents for any team without a very strong front court. As for Orlando, I believe they have a high powered rifle strapped to their collective legs and pointed at their collective feet so they can shoot themselves in said feet every so often.

All of this frenzy has turned the upcoming season into something resembling bouncing lottery balls in a rotating globe. Just the prospect of so many players (including elite ones) getting used to new systems boggles the mind. Upsets could become commonplace. On the other hand, some team could have serendipitously hit on the perfect combination to get a great start and never look back.

In short, the one thing that seems certain this season is uncertainty. All of which could be a stroke of great fortune for all the parties to the lockout, as a highly unpredictable and potentially competitive season erases the bad taste in fans' mouths.

It should be extremely interesting.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe Empty Re: The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Lamar Odom was traded to Dallas. LA no longer has the pieces to sign Chris Paul. So, at best, your ironman scenario would be Kobe and Howard.

Focusing on what really matters, the Celtics (sorry TJ), the stockpiling of talent is always a good thing. You can never have too many face cards in your hand.

Doc has acknowledged that he asked Danny to "just get me talent, regardless of position". Doc, being the innovative motivator that he is, will adapt his playbook to his squad, rather than amassing a squad that fits his playbook (which was Phil Jackson and the Triangle's approach).

For the last 3 years the Celtic starting offense largely ran through Rondo, iso with Pierce (yuck) or an in-and-out game with KG. With KG playing more center, I expect to see more of the same, except using Bass, Green and West (?) in addition to Ray and Pierce for the shooters. Marquis and Dooling, like Rondo, become feeders.

More shooters. That is clearly a key focus of Danny's.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe Empty Re: The Crazier It Gets, the Easier the Lockout Catalysts Can Breathe

Post by worcester Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Bob - ditto on the iso with Pierce (yuck)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down