+3
beat
Sam
NYCelt
7 posters

Go down

I AM (and always will be) A CELTIC Empty I AM (and always will be) A CELTIC

Post by NYCelt Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 am

Frustrated, disappointed and even a little upset over the Celtics start?

I'd say that's not unusual for any fan who has vested a part of themselves in their team.

Still... I'm a fan and that is not going to change. They can play old vets, new rookies, win the Atlantic or finish last and I'll still say;

I AM A CELTIC.

I'll have a thousand suggestions for management and players that sound good to me as I sit on my sofa, but I won't turn away if they execute 0% of the instructions I shout at the TV or write here.

I've followed this team closely enough to fully and realistically expect things will likely pick up soon.

This bunch thrives on proving the critics wrong. It's a long-standing tradition with this team and it's fans.

I AM A CELTIC .

How about you?

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

I AM (and always will be) A CELTIC Empty Re: I AM (and always will be) A CELTIC

Post by Sam Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 am

NYCelt,

I'll have to think it over very carefully. (LOL)

It's interesting (to say nothing of informative) to read the diverse opinions about the present and future of the Celtics. My own philosophy as a fan has always been ultra-simple:

1. After all the drafts, trades, waivers, lockouts, free agent pickups, etc. settle down, accept the product that management puts on the floor as their best effort given the circumstances within which they're operating.

2. Root like holy hell for whatever that product is.

3. In making evaluations of the team, be realistically candid, but never let a glimmer go unnoticed, and steadfastly hope for the very best.

4. Be eternally grateful that I have had the opportunity to be a Celtic at heart.

One would think that, after 61+ seasons of this, I could come up with something more complex.

Sam

Oh yeah, I forgot number 5. Never make predictions because my ass has already suffered enough bites.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 am

NYCelt and Sam

You both have summed it up quite nicely. Through thick and thin wins and loses these guys are MY team OUR team. I'll cheer for the players on the floor regardless.

No point in getting to wordy

Go Celts!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:38 am

I've never been a big fan of funeral marches and I'm not ready to join in this one yet. Am I frustrated? Hell yeah, but I keep reminding myself to keep my eyes on the prize.

We need to make it to the playoffs. Period. One way or the other, sooner or later, we're probably going to be meeting Miami and/or Chicago in the playoffs and they will have homecourt (realistically speaking there really never was a way we'd end up with a better regular season record than either of them). Personally, I'd rather play them earlier in the playoffs, like the first round, when we're fresh, than later on when we're more tired and more beat up. Consider that. Consider that if our first playoff round opponent is either Miami or Chicago (because we're the 7th or 8th seed) that might be a good thing, since we'll get them while we're fresh.

It ain't over 'til it's over...Yogi Berra

Celtic fans live for the playoffs. Celtic fans live for the Championship Series. I am a Celtic fan. I am focused squarely on the prize.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:47 am

Bob:

It's Over. Playing the schedule is just a formality! The prize is so far away., Ainge couldn't find it using Map Quest!

MD!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:49 am

I've been one since 1961!

Will die one!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:30 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:It's Over. Playing the schedule is just a formality! The prize is so far away., Ainge couldn't find it using Map Quest!
MD,

Before last season's playoffs, I wrote a post pointing out how easily and often you choose to see all hope as lost, even though you were often proven wrong in that assessment. Now you think the big 3 have nothing left and the season is over. You think Ainge has made terrible personnel decisions, criticizing him seemingly no matter what he does, for getting rid of players too soon (Posey, Powe, House) or keeping them too long (KG, Ray, Pierce), for taking chances to improve the team (Perk) or standing pat.

I strongly disagree with that approach. Perhaps you're right that Father Time has won and this team is going nowhere, but I'd make the argument that claiming all is lost so often and then being right once does not validate your approach. I'd also make the argument that, despite their struggles, it's still too early to ultimately tell how this team will do. But what particularly bothers me is your choice to post the above opinion on this thread. There are numerous other threads where you can post your thoughts of gloom and doom, and you've done so. But NYCelt started this thread as a statement that, no matter what, he takes pride and gains satisfaction in being a Celtic fan, and I saw it as his way to show some pride during this dismal start for the team. I'm disappointed that you felt compelled to voice your negative opinion here, too.

I tend to write too much in my posts. I spent a lot of time editing the above from four or five paragraphs down to two. But I found something that serves as an apt response to your post far more succinctly, and I've included it below. If my post doesn't persuade you, I hope the one below does.

Best wishes,

Outside

Re: Brutal piece by Gerry Callahan in the Herald
Post by jeb on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:41 am

well md i guess prolly they'll just go on and play the games anyway.

See if you can see fit to pull for them.

best wishes

JeB
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Outside:

I always cheer for the Celtics with my heart each time the team plays a game. However, imtellectually my head tells me that the C's, as the team is now, will be severely overmatched by many teams in the NBA that are younger and more talented.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down