A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore

3 posters

Go down

A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore Empty A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore

Post by Sam Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:34 am

Ever since I was introduced to Google, I've been searching vainly for a musical rendition of the song that John Kiley used to play on the organ to accompany the arrival on the floor of the Celtics of the 50s and 60s and (I believe) well into the 70s, if not as long as he lived. I had been told the name was "It's a Great Day Tonight for the Irish." That was slightly off, which accounts for the reason why I continually came up empty. The exact name of the song is "The Irish Have a Great Day Tonight.” I gather it was originally from a musical titled “Eileen.” I went on Amazon and downloaded a copy for 89 cents. A pretty cheap solution after at least 10 years of searching.

If anyone’s interested in hearing a piece that old-timers should associate with championships, championships, and more championships, you can catch a pretty representative snippet (by a band, not an organ) for free by going to Amazon at http://tinyurl.com/6nn7x8p, scrolling down the page to where there’s an arrow with the words, “Play all samples,” and clicking on the arrow.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore Empty Re: A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore

Post by Matty Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm

thanks sam, im fixin to download this
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore Empty Re: A Song with Huge Meaning in Celtics Lore

Post by rambone Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:20 pm

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down