Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career?

+2
beat
MDCelticsFan
6 posters

Go down

Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career? Empty Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career?

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Beat:

The fact that Spring Training is about to begin makes me wonder if you have as yet gotten an agent for that budding southpaw of a son of yours. Who's going to draft him AL or NL. Will he be a relief pitcher or starter, long relief, set up, or closer. Is he entering the next major league draft and have any scouts contacted you?

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career? Empty Re: Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career?

Post by beat Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 pm

MD

Week after next we shall see what he's got. Practice starts then. As you may or may not know last summer was to sum it up a disaster on the mound. He lost all form and confidence and then started overthrowing and "shortarming" his pitches. The fall league went a little better and he seemed to be "getting" it back His control was better and his speed was better but due to cold we shut it down for the winter.

He has lost a lot of weight too, down to about 165-170 from 205ish. Think in part cause he wants to be faster but not sure how this will affect his pitching or hitting. I also think he lost weight as he reached the stage where he is concerned about his apperance..(HINT: GIRLS).. he spends twice the time in the bathroom as my daughter ever did getting ready for school.

As for his hoop season we are done, team was 16-3. Marcus did OK got in some meaningfull minutes from time to time but like his pitching he lost his shooting stroke too.

Above the sports issues though most importantly he is caring a 93-95 average.

No scouts knocking our door down but who knows what the spring holds, at least he can play first and even a little outfield if the pitching goes south again.

Thanks for asking

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career? Empty Re: Beat: How long before Marcus begins Pro Baseball Career?

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Beat:

You better hope his pitching went south, at least for now. He'd hurt his arm if he pitched in weather this cold. The 93-95 figures were they speeds on fast balls, or academic grades?

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Grades!!

We threw till about late October when it was still in the 60's Nothing since.
He'll start hitting the weights and throwing in 2 weeks.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm

beat wrote:MD

Week after next we shall see what he's got. Practice starts then. As you may or may not know last summer was to sum it up a disaster on the mound. He lost all form and confidence and then started overthrowing and "shortarming" his pitches. The fall league went a little better and he seemed to be "getting" it back His control was better and his speed was better but due to cold we shut it down for the winter.

He has lost a lot of weight too, down to about 165-170 from 205ish. Think in part cause he wants to be faster but not sure how this will affect his pitching or hitting. I also think he lost weight as he reached the stage where he is concerned about his apperance..(HINT: GIRLS).. he spends twice the time in the bathroom as my daughter ever did getting ready for school.

As for his hoop season we are done, team was 16-3. Marcus did OK got in some meaningfull minutes from time to time but like his pitching he lost his shooting stroke too.

Above the sports issues though most importantly he is caring a 93-95 average.

No scouts knocking our door down but who knows what the spring holds, at least he can play first and even a little outfield if the pitching goes south again.

Thanks for asking

beat

Um beat, I've had numerous teenage boys (never married, none of my own, but after a certain age all one dates is single mothers) and I have to say if yours is spending a lot of time in the bathroom ESPECIALLY if the water is running the whole time, it might not have to do with his appearance.

Know what I mean?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Bob

Actually seems most of the time is really in front of the mirror (water runs when he shaves, of course he thinks he needs to shave every day)

He really is concerned about his apperance. Much more than I ever was!

About 2 weeks ago he left his ipod/cell on the arm of the couch. He was (probably) in the bathroom. Noticed it lit up, I looked at it and it was a text message from (heaven forbid) a GIRL!! Noticed her name ( Alyison) but did not say anything to him. Checked her out on facebook and she goes to his school, is a freshman and is on the cheerleading team too. Tiny little thing.

Well to continue the story the following Sunday Marcus and his mom go to the local mall as Marcus wanted some new "nice" clothes and BON TON was having a sale on sweaters/vests. They get home later in the PM and Marcus then puts on a sweater and says " hey dad, how does this look?"

I looked at the handsime young man and then said, " It really doesn't matter how I think it looks but it will matter what Allyison thinks."

If looks could KILL I was dead. Both Brenda and I thought it was funny however.

Well to continue the story seems the boy decided to ask her to the prom (which is in June) He and his mother made heart shaped sugar cookies, and he frosted 5 of them with the letters P-R-O-M-? on them, then found a way to hid them in her locker at school..................on Valentines Day!!

Ok the problem now is we (his mother and I) are still waiting to find out the answer, I actually would not be surprised the cookies never made it that far. Maybe he ate them....

We shall see.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:00 pm

beat wrote:Bob

Actually seems most of the time is really in front of the mirror (water runs when he shaves, of course he thinks he needs to shave every day)

He really is concerned about his apperance. Much more than I ever was!

About 2 weeks ago he left his ipod/cell on the arm of the couch. He was (probably) in the bathroom. Noticed it lit up, I looked at it and it was a text message from (heaven forbid) a GIRL!! Noticed her name ( Alyison) but did not say anything to him. Checked her out on facebook and she goes to his school, is a freshman and is on the cheerleading team too. Tiny little thing.

Well to continue the story the following Sunday Marcus and his mom go to the local mall as Marcus wanted some new "nice" clothes and BON TON was having a sale on sweaters/vests. They get home later in the PM and Marcus then puts on a sweater and says " hey dad, how does this look?"

I looked at the handsime young man and then said, " It really doesn't matter how I think it looks but it will matter what Allyison thinks."

If looks could KILL I was dead. Both Brenda and I thought it was funny however.

Well to continue the story seems the boy decided to ask her to the prom (which is in June) He and his mother made heart shaped sugar cookies, and he frosted 5 of them with the letters P-R-O-M-? on them, then found a way to hid them in her locker at school..................on Valentines Day!!

Ok the problem now is we (his mother and I) are still waiting to find out the answer, I actually would not be surprised the cookies never made it that far. Maybe he ate them....

We shall see.

beat
Beat,

As the father of three sons, including one still in high school, I think this story is hilarious! Love it.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Outside:

Can you do your Fred MacMurray impression and find a production company that wants a remake of "My Three Sons". (LOL)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Beat,

I may have shared with you this high school story. I worked during most of my non-school time, so I didn't go out a whole lot. I knew and got along really well with a load of females, some of whom would even visit me at work. Just not much time for socializing, which made me more than a little ill at ease (and probably quite desperate) in the dating department.

Imagine my shock when I got a call from a girl one day, asking me to a Girl Scout Dance. Of course I said yes. I was pretty excited when I hung up the phone until I realized I didn't have the slightest idea whom I'd been talking with. I'm sure she said her name, but I was probably too flustered for it to register.

I did know that the dance was on a Friday night two weeks later. And I spent two frantic weeks, breaking into a sweat at the approach of any female. By the day before the dance, I was a certified basket case, when I got a call from my best friend asking me to go shoot some hoops. Just before we signed off, he said, "Why the hell are you taking my sister to a dance?" I had to cancel the hoops, I was so sick to my stomach.

At least the dance went fine. As I recall, it went more than fine. In fact, after the dance, my best friend had some questions of a very different nature for me.

A little black book was a fixture with me ever after that experience.

All the best to Marcus.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:14 pm

You guys, and Marcus, are too much! Keep it coming............

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:58 am

OK

I know all of you are on edge wondering about the KID, Well here is the latest.

I guess in today's age their are no girls wearing a letter sweater, or a class ring BUT......

It is noted on Marcus's facebook page that

HE IS IN A RELATIONSHP!

Wonder when the first crash and burn will be?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 am

Beat:

If he's the stud he appears to be, he'll be the big baller and shot caller. The girl will be as Mick Jagger said in the late 60's, "Under My Thumb." (only it's Marcus's thumb.)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 am

Beat:

Just remember what Mickey told Rocky, "Women weaken legs."

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:Beat:

Just remember what Mickey told Rocky, "Women weaken legs."

MD!

Great movie..

I don't know if Marcus woudl listen to Mickey, (or me)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:42 am

Beat:

Marcus would have a better chance listening to you since Mickey (Burgess Meredith) is now other worldly with a more Divine Being. (Not Bette Midler, the Divine Miss M).

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Beat:

Have you considered asking gyso to be Marcus's agent and contract negotiator when he gets the call from the majors? Gyso seems to have a good comprehension for business figures and how contracts work.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:31 pm

MD

Gotta see how some "other" motivation affects the kid this year first.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down