Blowing Up Is Hard To Do

2 posters

Go down

Blowing Up Is Hard To Do Empty Blowing Up Is Hard To Do

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 am

That's the title of what I think is a very thoughtful article written by Jeff Clark over at CelticsBlog.

Here's the link; http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/19/2809100/blowing-up-is-hard-to-do?ref=yahoo

I think the odds are pretty low of us making any major changes to the roster until summer, and I think this opinion piece hits a good number of points on why.

On a personal note, I hope they don't make any big changes because I'm trying to find a game I can get to this year so I can catch the current edition of the Big Three one more time before anyone does depart.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Blowing Up Is Hard To Do Empty Re: Blowing Up Is Hard To Do

Post by Matty Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Im going against the idea of blowing this team up..

I mean i like our future assests
*Paul- overpriced at this point but still a darn good sf
*Rondo- all star material
*Bass- he wants to retire a celtic, at this point im down with that myself
*Bradley- a guy who if alowed to play his game will be a nice b/u to rondo for some yrs to come
*Jujwuan Johnson- Eh.. needs devoloping

thats 35.5 mill in cap space..

Pietruss, Daniels, Wilcox, Steisma, jeff Green are all role players who i think we could easily tap to bring back for the 2012-2013

Ray Allen and KG have both stated they have a desire to retire as Celtics, for the right price both woudl be excellent additions to next years campaign

we also have our own '12 first and it looks like either the Twolves or Clippers pick will be ours as well

we have our own picks in 13 and 14 as well as a bucks future second and the cavs and twolves seconds in 2013..

Its obvious that the age of dominating by "the big 3" has run its course...

its been said that Rondo needs a change of scenery.. well for years he's played a game suited to "The Big three" and less his own game.

Personaly i wonder if "the big three" could be kept in tact and at the same time give Rondo what he needs, a change of scenery..

right now we have multiple issues holding back what I think is a much better team on paper than what the win/loss colum is telling us, and i think this season could be similer to what happened a few yrs ago when we were written off and then where 1 Perkins Injury away from #18.. though i'd be beyond shocked if this group as is went 7 games in the finals.

what we do know is we're not going to get much if we try and trade KG or ray or even Paul in return. We also know we're sitting on a LOT of cap space next season and have multiple picks at our disposal. We also have a very nice expiring in J'Oneil.

Why not move forward with the "Core" sit down with them now and work out a deal to to keep Ray and KG here till PP's contract ends, but at a much reduced salery.. These guys want to win another, they've made their money and have expressed a desire to retire here. This year their making their money but not going to win a title. Next year depending on how badly they want to stay in Boston and try to win another title I think they could be resigned very cheap. If so why not do it NOW.. get them on page with the front office and recruit for next season together..

Also reach out to Jeff Green, it seems there is a mutual desire to have him back in '12-13..

Rondo-bradley- Green- Bass is a nice start to adding guys who are not too long in the tooth as it were.

if all that was possible to have in place lookiing at next yrs roster we'd look like this:

pg- Rondo/Bradley
sg- Allen/?
sf-PP/Green
pf- KG/Bass/johnson
c- ?/Bass

Another thing we know is that Doc's system usualy doesnt benifit Rookies, this season we have a slew of rookies/other younglings and while we see flashes of promise these guys wont likely be key to us winning #18 this season. next season if we keep the draft picks and these kids we have now we're going to look like the 2007 Celtics next season. Some of us have hearts too old for another season like that.

why not packege some of these kids now, J'ON's expiring and some of our future draft picks for the best player we can find now at either the 2 or 5 spot

if played correctly I think we could fill out our roster NOW for next season leaving enough room for a single MAX contract ..

I dont think who we'd trade Oneil for would make a HUGE diffrence this season in terms of winning #18, but i think doing the rest and having the other peices in place for the offseason would be a HUGE asset, especialy if the team worked together to land the MAX guy in the offseason.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down