A Wilt story

3 posters

Go down

A Wilt story Empty A Wilt story

Post by worcester Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:50 am

Friday night was the memorial service for my girlfriend Mary, and about 60 people gathered in a circle on the beach at sunset to share remembrances of her. I learned then for the first time that she'd been a world class tri-athlete before her illness. Mary was universally loved and admired for her many, many qualities, among them determination and fearlessness. She'd been married for 20 years, and her ex-shared that when they lived in California, Mary had been a director of marketing for Hilton Hotels. When a new Hilton was to open in LA, she arranged for Wilt Chamberlain to be present at the opening ceremony. The night before, Wilt pulled up to the hotel in a limo with three beautiful women in tow and headed up to his room. The next morning he was a no show at the ceremony, and Mary charged up to his room with a pair of his size 16.5 dress shoes in hand (who knows where she got them?), banged on the door with his shoes, and when he opened the door, she blasted him with "Get dressed and get your ass down there NOW!" He meekly complied, and no, she was never one of his 5000+ conquests. She was a Celtics fan through and through.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

A Wilt story Empty Re: A Wilt story

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 am

W -

That sounds like a great memorial service and a special way to remember Mary's life. Thanks for sharing that story with us; as Celtics fans I'm sure the image of Mary ordering the towering ex-Laker star around brings us all the same big smile.

I hope you are doing well.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Yes NYCelt. I'm doing well. She has inspired me to contribute more with my own life.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:34 pm

W,

That contribution ought to be really something because you were doing a pretty good job beforehand.

What a great story, and I'm sure just one of many wonderful memories and tributes shared on that beach.

As a lifetime inspiration, obviously Mary is the real deal.

Be well,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down