Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics

4 posters

Go down

Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics Empty Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 am

Hey Folks:

Unless I miss my guess, this is the 6th consecutive defeat the Celtics have suffered at the hands (check Artest & Fisher) literally of the Lakers. Boston lost the last two in the 2010 Finals, both games in 2011, and now both games in 2012. This is particularly frustrating and humiliating since the Lakers had just lost back 2 back to the Pistons and the Wizards. My stomach wants to vomit more than sour milk & grapes.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics Empty Re: Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics

Post by Outside Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm

MD,

You missed your guess. Boston beat LA (hey, that sounds familiar) in LA last year, 109-96.

I understand that losing to the Lakers is frustrating, but it's not humiliating. The first game this year in Boston went to overtime, with the Lakers winning by one after Gasol blocked Ray's putback at the buzzer. Without that great play by Gasol, the C's win. The Lakers won yesterday's game by three, needing to score the last eight points of the game to pull it out.

These are not humiliating losses. Losing by 32 to Philly on Wednesday, now that may qualify. But not these games to LA.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics Empty Re: Shameful Period of the Rivalry for Celtics

Post by beat Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:47 pm

MD

Let's keep it in perspective.

Nobody likes losing esp to the lakers but it is just a game one game.

I spend most of the day yesterday at a fundraiser at a local fire dept. One of the members has a 4 yr old battleing lukemia, as a show of support virtually every fireman there had their head shaved. They raised 5x the ammount of money they had hope to raise for the family. the turnout was unbelieveable.

C's played hard but could not make the key plays down the stretch nor hit that key late basket, some looks weren't the best.

The 4yr olds future is cloudy at best right now, much like the C's. Time to move to the next battle and hope we play as hard, (plus catch a couple breaks) and win. Not unlike what little Grant is going thru.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 pm

It's all about #18. This was just another game enroute to that.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Bob:

Yes, but it seems the way things are going our route to # 18 is longer than the Yellow Brick Road for Dorothy or Elton John. I just hope we're not in the Wilderness as long as the Jews were until Moses led them to the Promised Land. I wonder if Tesio, Fish (Abe Vigoda )will still be around when # 18 is hoisted?

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:47 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:Bob:

Yes, but it seems the way things are going our route to # 18 is longer than the Yellow Brick Road for Dorothy or Elton John. I just hope we're not in the Wilderness as long as the Jews were until Moses led them to the Promised Land. I wonder if Tesio, Fish (Abe Vigoda )will still be around when # 18 is hoisted?

MD!

MD,

It usually takes years to rebuild, not months. It doesn't matter if you are rebuilding from dirt, like what Danny inherited, or after falling from the heights of excellence, like we're doing now.

We will be way under the cap next year. The trading deadline is 3 days from now. A little patience might be rewarded.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down