Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’

2 posters

Go down

Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’ Empty Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’

Post by 112288 Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:36 pm

BOSTON HERALD

Sunday, July 7, 2013
By:Steve Bulpett

Wyc Grousbeck took a slight but interesting detour when a discussion with the Herald turned to the Celtics’ roster upheaval.

Asked about the major player changes, the co-owner let it be known he couldn’t speak about the trade with the Brooklyn Nets that has been widely confirmed but is not yet official. Grousbeck then turned to the key move that has been completed — getting a 2015 first-round draft pick from the Clippers for releasing Doc Rivers from his contract.

And while he expressed nothing but appreciation for the job Rivers did with the Celtics, Grousbeck was rather pointed about the process.

“The moves are just rumored,” he said of the aforementioned trade. “I mean, Doc left us, period. Doc left us. No spin will take that away. It was his idea and he left, and we made the best of it.

“We think we’re even with Doc. We think the nine years were nine great years. We would have been happy to continue, but that was not to be. I’m really glad Doc spent nine years here.”

Asked if he was disappointed that there has been some very public debate about how the departure went down, Grousbeck said: “I don’t think anybody thinks there’s two sides to it. I think everybody realizes it’s hard to leave a place where you’ve been nine years, so efforts are made to talk about it different ways, and I don’t have a problem with any of it. I’ve moved on.

“I’ll welcome him back, and I hope we kick the Clippers’ butt. But he’s a champion as far as I’m concerned.”

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/wyc_grousbeck_for_the_record_doc_rivers_left_us_period#sthash.9owc0fw6.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’ Empty Re: Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Wyc needs to shut the f--- up and move on.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’ Empty Re: Wyc Grousbeck for the record: ‘Doc Rivers left us, period’

Post by 112288 Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Point being made by Wyc was correct and I like that he is being open with fans. I trust him more now then before. He could have done the hush hush.......mush mush and simply taken the old corporate way out by saying nothing.

Obviously he is still pissed to have mentioned it at this late date. It is obvious that it confirms my time line thread that:

1) Smith heard that Doc was interested in LAC and broadcasts it on ESPN
2) Danny calls Doc and Doc broaches the subject of leaving for LAC
3) Wyc, Danny and legal fire off a letter to Doc the next day saying.....no you cannot and we will not allow you to just leave.....here is the terms of your contract commitment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down