Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman

4 posters

Go down

Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman Empty Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman

Post by 112288 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Hornets Source

A first round pick and what, is the question.

Kaman makes $14 million dollars and his contract is expiring after this year. So sending back a bunch of bad expiring deals (O'Neal, Quis, Wilcox if he can't play) means nothing to New Orleans. They want draft picks... and the question becomes are they going to trade a first round pick for a 30 year-old center? I thought we wanted to go younger.

Kaman's a good player. But I just don't see a scenario that works. I dunno.. maybe Danny does. That's why I'm not an NBA GM.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Source: Kaman interested in joining Celtics

CELTICS REPORT: WEDNESDAY, MAR. 14
Blakely's Celtics

OAKLAND, Calif. — The Boston Celtics are very much in the market for a center and will certainly look to make a move prior to the trading deadline.

But if the C's fail to land a much-needed big man prior to tomorrow's 3 p.m. deadline, all is not lost in their quest to add size.

New Orleans center Chris Kaman has been on the trading block for a while, with the asking price seemingly dropping by the minute.

He's earning more than $14 million this season, which as you can imagine, has scared off a number of potential suitors.

If the Hornets can't move him via trade, you can anticipate talks about a buy-out to begin soon.

That would allow him to become a free agent and sign with any team of his choosing.

According to a league source, Boston would be on his short list of potential destinations.

"You look at what they need and what he brings to the game . . . it would be a great fit, it really would," the source said. "But a lot of things have to happen, and not happen, before that can come about."

In the meantime, Boston (22-19) will try to make due with a lineup that's significantly smaller than anticipated. Jermaine O'Neal (wrist) and Chris Wilcox (heart-related issues) are both out indefinitely, although Ainge said he hopes to have more answers on the futures of both players prior to tomorrow's deadline.

Short of adding Kaman or another big man that could be bought out after the trading deadline, Ainge has said he's willing to ride this season out with the guys he currently has on the roster.

"Of course we'd like to be healthier and have a few more wins," Ainge told CSNNE.com. "But . . . you can see we are getting better in a lot of areas."

In addition to Kaman, other big men that have been linked with the Celtics in recent weeks include the freakishly athletic Wizards big man JaVale McGee, Minnesota lefty Michael Beasley and Indiana's Tyler Hansbrough.

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman Empty Re: Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman

Post by Matty Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 pm

dooling+Oneil+wilcox+johnson gets the job done for Kaman according to NBA Realgm..

and id be totaly ok with spending one of our draft picks to get that done. There just are not many Bigs in the Classes of 2012 wether that class be F/A or draft.

Lopez is supposedly resigning with New Joooyseee, Super man is staying in Orlando..

besides kaman looks sorta irish according to Mrs Hooter Rooter.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman Empty Re: Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Matty wrote:dooling+Oneil+wilcox+johnson gets the job done for Kaman according to NBA Realgm..

and id be totaly ok with spending one of our draft picks to get that done. There just are not many Bigs in the Classes of 2012 wether that class be F/A or draft.

Lopez is supposedly resigning with New Joooyseee, Super man is staying in Orlando..

besides kaman looks sorta irish according to Mrs Hooter Rooter.

Matty,

German, Irish, what's the diff...? Definitely not Harlem.

Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman Data=Ay5GWBeob_WIPLDYoIWcfVXxvZu9XwJ55OX7Ag,IE-xHyomCuJbS61qOoELMWx2UgRK13p_oVeSeLf0yiJ_I21qpDYZqXOyMWg-mRXM86xwGPTFq38-FPZFNfGQNZ-2eAoMv7qdGSHJcnrwV5D68wNIxmiRGQJ9lZSv20uiJgyUL6r8qvaX_TYYpIfHQC3QwNZ11cmBle3G9L258F9jeAfh

Haarlem, maybe.

Rumor: Celtics still pursuing Kaman Data=Ay5GWBeob_WIPLDYoIWcfVXxvZu9XwJ55OX7Ag,cnTYevJxeM8CK23SDCsgbAHR-AjGlwzQ6MYgm5WdKaby9PPVEBgWRHrUFT-qYFLECpOfM74GmRgNHeIdquxP7NjkEP_o4b6c2TGjrgdZ4Nwj60LiVJkL-nnsGTGoxFtV794cJe0k7dJdoqF0bMQ5CZLSkLzpr6xAEqiFCCj7TMF7kLdX

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:09 pm

LOL,

Well im a little bit german. always respected the irish for their drinking capabilities.

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Haarlem is dutch but whatever Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Matty wrote: LOL,

Well im a little bit german. always respected the irish for their drinking capabilities.

Matty,

If you respect the irish for their drinking abilities then russians must be living gods to you...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:46 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:Haarlem is dutch but whatever Very Happy

swede,

I know this might sound suspicious, saying this after you pointed this out, but I knew Haarlem was in the Netherlands (the suburb called "Amsterdamsebuurt" gave it away, if nothing else), I was just making a joke about Kaman's skin color (or lack thereof).

The neighborhood, Harlem, in NY was named after Haarlem by the Dutch colonists who showed their commercial acumen by buying Manhattan for $24 of beads from people who thought the idea of owning earth was about as stupid as claiming you owned the sky or the ocean.

Not that it's inconceivable that an American wouldn't confuse the two, right?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Since we are on the topic, do you know what gave the name to Bronx? Very Happy

Speaking of non-matching skin colors.

And I suspected you did since the picture did suggest it like you said.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:12 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:Since we are on the topic, do you know what gave the name to Bronx? Very Happy

Speaking of non-matching skin colors.

And I suspected you did since the picture did suggest it like you said.

swede,

Jonas Bronk gave HIS name to Da Bronx (and the Bronx River). He founded the first settlement there, for the Dutch.

That's assuming you don't include the people who already lived there, of course.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Matty,

If you respect the irish for their drinking abilities then russians must be living gods to you...

bob

Other way around.. though my wife is reforming me somewhat, ive been known to be able to hold down a dink or two.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Matty wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Matty,

bob

Other way around.. though my wife is reforming me somewhat, ive been known to be able to hold down a dink or two.

Matty,

I've hoisted a few in my time too but I've never seen anybody who can drink with Russians. They are positively inhuman when it comes to their ability to consume alcohol and stay on their feet.

Let me get a meal in my belly and I can drink with Irishmen. I run up the white flag, though, when it comes to keeping up with Russians.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:27 pm

I have experienced russian drinking first person and it is indeed on a totally different level especially when it comes to the spirits/vodka.

Just last weekend I was hanging out with a russian guy, really short and small in general. He started his day with a cup of vodka and was through almost a litre before the day ended. Next day, repeat.

swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Bob

the night before my wedding turned out to be a day i feared for years. I've won a lot of drinking contests. In fact, since i was of legal age id yet to lose a drinking contest.

Now theres this fella i know who ive wanted to compete since the late 90's. Turns out now he's my brother in law.

now im sitting at 6'2 or so and weigh 220. He is about 6'6 and 300+

ive always wanted to challenge him, and was afraid of the results, not that i couldnt beat him, but rather how sick i was going to be the day after beating him.

so at my batchlor party we're there a drinking.

in my defense i was coming down with a cold and had been nursing myself all day long with every cold/flu med i could find.

and it wasnt even close. I kept up with him drink for drink till the visit to the porcelin goddess. tried to catch back up and had to go worship the goddess some more. at that point he'd only drank about 80% of the booze he'd drink that night.

i sorta felt the same way Inigo Montoya must have felt facing the Man in Black when he realized he was no match for the mysterious stranger- right or left handed... he was good, great even, but he was no match.

someday though, im gonna get me a rematch, when i aint sick and medicated. LOL

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Matty wrote:Bob

the night before my wedding turned out to be a day i feared for years. I've won a lot of drinking contests. In fact, since i was of legal age id yet to lose a drinking contest.

Now theres this fella i know who ive wanted to compete since the late 90's. Turns out now he's my brother in law.

now im sitting at 6'2 or so and weigh 220. He is about 6'6 and 300+

ive always wanted to challenge him, and was afraid of the results, not that i couldnt beat him, but rather how sick i was going to be the day after beating him.

so at my batchlor party we're there a drinking.

in my defense i was coming down with a cold and had been nursing myself all day long with every cold/flu med i could find.

and it wasnt even close. I kept up with him drink for drink till the visit to the porcelin goddess. tried to catch back up and had to go worship the goddess some more. at that point he'd only drank about 80% of the booze he'd drink that night.

i sorta felt the same way Inigo Montoya must have felt facing the Man in Black when he realized he was no match for the mysterious stranger- right or left handed... he was good, great even, but he was no match.

someday though, im gonna get me a rematch, when i aint sick and medicated. LOL

Matty,

Good luck with your brother-in-law, but stay away from Russians. I wouldn't even try to take on a Siberian dwarf if I were you.

If you insist on being foolish, though, make them drink something you feel really confident in, NOT vodka. Under NO conditions should you drink vodka with Russians. It won't even be a contest.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down