FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE

+2
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE Empty FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski _ Yahoo Sports

1PM
Several contenders chasing Ray Allen. Some offering a good young player, some offering 1st round pick. If Celts get both, they may move him.

Last edited by 112288 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE Empty Re: FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Ramon Sessions and Christian Eyenga were traded from Cleveland to LAL for Luke Walton and a lottery-protected 1st pick this year. Good deal by LAL, I think.

D12 signed the papers that will keep him in Orlando through next year.

Gerald Wallace to Nets for Okur, Shawne Williams and a protected (through #3) 2012 pick. Helluva deal for Portland.

Sacramento is calling about Avery Bradley. Hmmm.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE Empty Re: FINAL HOUR - LATEST TRADE NEWS - PLEASE ADD NEWS WHEN AVAILABLE

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Jermaine wants a buyout to go play in Miami

Jermaine O'Neal is desperate for a title. The chances of doing that in Boston have shrunk significantly... in part because he, himself can't stay on the floor long enough to provide the help down low the Celtics desperately need.

So since he's not good or healthy enough to help the Celtics, he's got another plan in mind, apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets, a source tells Y! (Rockets could be a tough 1st rd opp. for OKC)

The Rockets will send Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet to the Blazers, source tells Y! Sports.

Houston also sends a 2012 second-round pick (via Minnesota) to Portland to complete the Camby trade, source tells Y!

Warriors acquire forward Richard Jefferson + conditional 1st round pick from San Antonio for forward Stephen Jackson, a source tells Y!

Lakers trade @DerekFisher + mavericks 2012 1st round pick to the Rockets for Jordan Hill. bit.ly/z4ahNY

Clippers acquire guard Nick Young from the Washington Wizards for forward Brian Cook and a pick, source tells Y! Sports.

s part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

dont know which one of the nick young deals is "true".

Last edited by swedeinestonia on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi,
No moves for Celtics, AFAIK.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I can't say I am disappointed. I think these guys needed to finish off together

I do wish we had something to offer for Camby funny O'Neal would be healthy (?) for a contender but not for Celtics.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:43 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I can't say I am disappointed. I think these guys needed to finish off together

I do wish we had something to offer for Camby funny O'Neal would be healthy (?) for a contender but not for Celtics.

Rosalie,

Touche.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:25 pm

As a matter of fact, buy him out if he agrees to a cheap deal. Let him join the Heat.

That would probably mean the Heat wont sign some other big and I doubt JON would stay healthy anyway.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Supposedly Portland might be waiving Oden.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 pm

We need someonee,what about Leon Powe? I know he is around, he is a big body, not tall enough, but wide. Remember, he could rebound. I know no
one wants to chance it, but,.....
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Maybe give the Big Shamrock a call Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Leon Powe is playing in Puerto Rico now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xyBP6dzjzg

Such a nice guy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Kamen would be the guy who could make the difference in going deep in the playoffs. Powe would be a good pickup and give some quality minutes per night. Besides it is rumored that he does the best Gino imitation in the locker room!

As far as JON - let him pound salt. I would release him after the signing date to be eligible for the playoffs. As far as I am concerned the guy is about himself. He screwed around last year about getting an operation done on his knee which cost the Celtics a healthy center in time for the playoffs and finally gets the procedure done after the season. Same thing with the wrist, he had a chance to correct it over the summer and did nothing.

So Jo wants a release to play for a championship with Miami. Danny would be crazy to let him go so he can sign with them. What if we meet Miami in the playoffs....are you going to allow for the potential of JON to help beat you. I do not think so!

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 am

Jermaine O'Neal turned out to be a bigger bust to the Celtics than Dolly Parton!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 am

I dont know if it would be crazy to let JO go or not.

If we drop him now and the Heat pick him up it might lead to:

1. us being more likely to get Kaman since he might not think he will get to play with the Heat/they do not even go after him.

2. Heat picks up JO and noone else, JO is his regular old injured self and does not play/contribute.

So if one wants to be sly about it the Celtics could benefit from dropping him now. Lots of IFs to it though but it would be something if it worked out that way and then the Celtics went on to win it all.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 am

The strategy would be to release Wilcox (his contract is expiring) and he gets full pay with the idea that he comes back next year. Then we sign Kaman.

What get me mad is we are a winning team and we do have a shot at going far with a good center. That center could be JON but what I suspected all along before coming to the Celtics, he is a selfish person and at best a soft center. Perkins made mince meat out of him when he played for Miami. The guy never played with passion or heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 am

Danny did a great job on trade day. Hey you want PP or RA or KG pay me with talent and picks, if not go away!

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 am

Swede:

Wow! You came up with more ifs in your post than termites in an abandoned building! (LOL)

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 am

I know Rosalie's happy, Ray's still around. I don't think the Big Shamrock is going to leave TNT regardless of who rings his phone.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:Swede:

Wow! You came up with more ifs in your post than termites in an abandoned building! (LOL)

MD.

hey its sort of "silly season" and the celtics wasnt doing anything silly (thank god) Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:01 am

112288:

What you said about Ainge's lack of activity regarding trades reminded me of Rocky's line when he was working collecting for Gazzo the loan shark, "Hey you wanna' dance, you gotta' pay the band. You wanna borrow, you gotta' pay The Man." (LOL)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 pm

shaq just made an agreement to fight Canseco. This ought to be a laugher.
I'd love to see Canseco pick him up and throw him out of the ring!!

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:48 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:shaq just made an agreement to fight Canseco. This ought to be a laugher.
I'd love to see Canseco pick him up and throw him out of the ring!!

rosalie,

Shaq gets dumped and Canseco gets a hernia. The best of all worlds.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Bob - so I see that there is not alot of love here for Shaq here? Feeling is mutual
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down