Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team?

4 posters

Go down

Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team? Empty Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team?

Post by Brandon$$ Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:23 pm

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Rumblings about Ray Allen being on his way out of Boston are accurate, but only if the Celtics can get back a player who’d crack the top eight in their rotation. One scenario that has been discussed would have Allen going to Chicago for Kirk Hinrich and another piece – John Salmons? – to satisfy the salary requirements. CBSSports.com

Cracks apparently are beginning to appear within a team that preaches togetherness before each game. As the Celtics prepare to get back to work against Miami tonight, the subject of the team’s lapses in focus was raised. Doc Rivers constantly tells his players to avoid getting bored with the process, but it seems that has been the case. Rajon Rondo concurred to a degree. Then he spoke of a deeper issue. “We are getting bored with it some,” he said, “but I think it’s a little bit of different agendas maybe creeping in. It just all depends. You know, I think if we all had the right spirit as far as one goal, one thing in common, I think we’d be a lot better.” Boston Herald

Rondo had hinted at trouble after Friday’s game in Atlanta when asked about the current team encountering adversity it hasn’t faced since the acquisitions of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. “It’s a different team this year,” Rondo said then. “That’s our problem. A couple of years ago, we didn’t have the same team. We had the same main guys, but it’s still a team effort, from the first guy to the 15th guy.” Boston Herald

He still wasn’t getting into specifics in this latest discussion, but his comments were far stronger. “I can’t really elaborate on it too much, but I think we’ve just got to be a team with no agendas,” Rondo said. “We’ve got to play unselfish, you know? That’s on defense and offense. You’ve got to want the best for the next man out there regardless if you’re in the game playing well or you’re out of the game not playing well.” Asked if he and the Celts had tried to clear the air on this, he said, “We haven’t really been talking about it, but you’ve just got to know. “In the locker room, you can feel it,” Rondo added. “You don’t feel like it’s the same continuity and camaraderie in the locker room as it was the first year. The first year, it was a crazy spirit in the locker room. But now it doesn’t feel the same. It’s not the same right now. We’ve got to find a way to get that back somehow, some way.” Boston Herald
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team? Empty Re: Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team?

Post by Sam Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Banks,

Thanks for finding these items. Just a suggestion.

Before posting, you may want to review the list of threads to make sure your topics have not been addressed previously. For example, in this case, you might refer to threads entitled:

PERHAPS WE ARE FOCUSING ON THE WRONG CELTICS PROBLEM

RAY ALLEN IS ON THE BLOCK

That way, you can enhance what has already been posted in a way that consolidates relevant information and prevents two different discussions from breaking out on the same issue.

Both of these are important and provocative subjects, and your inputs are particularly welcome.

Thanks again.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team? Empty Re: Wed, Feb3rd: Latest Rayray trade rumors, Different agendas among the team?

Post by Brandon$$ Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Did I do that again? sorry about that Sam. That's the second time in 2 days! Once i see something Celtic i just rush to post it up and get all of your opinions.

Ill check next time for sure

Thanks

Oh and do you want me to delete any of the threads i re posted?
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

banks$

welcome! good stuff.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Banks,

Nope, we're not that formal here. I'm just delighted that you're on the lookout for media info on the Celts. It's a real service to the board and a personal reminder to me that I need to do more of that.

Thanks again. It's real pleasure to have you on the forum.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Had dinner with Gavin Maloof recently..................he would do Ray and Glen for Martin, Hawes and Thompson, his GM wants expiring contracts. Believe others might need be included to make it work.

Thoughts on such a potential barter ?
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Tark

to me trading Ray Allen is giving up on this season and i aint there yet. My hope is Ray will sign for less next year.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 pm

My feeling is Kevin Martin is a younger version of Ray, might enhance chances of an extended run this year.

With Sheed choosing to be a perimeter player the inside bangers might be a strong bench presence as well.....feedback ?

Liked the post that mentioned a coach can overtalk his players (catching up on a couple months of posts tonight), having been guity I can see how 11288 would share that sentiment.

Sometimes need to let the boys play and work out their own differences ( I do disagree with the term 'agendas' ). I think this season is not only salvageable but perhaps glorious with a few tweaks.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Tark

On his best day Kevin Martin aint a pimple on Ray Allen's ass. I like the guy and also the other players you mentioned and it is tempting to tweak and think trade when things aint goin well but I think IF we ever get however healthy we are going to be we still got a shot to win it and that is rare.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 am

I respect the thought and know you see much more of Ray than I.....just the 5 times I've seen him play in '10 Ray looks OLD and all kinds of all done.

Rather than re-siging an aging warrior even at a discount I'd prefer comparable skills in a younger athlete.

Consideration might be given to reloading midseason for a major run with Pierce, Rondo & Garnett as the Big 3 rather than joining the pack hunting this summer for FA talent.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 am

tark

it's tempting. I still think Ray does a ton of good on the court. But he is getting older. Sounds like danny is talking.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down