Post by mrkleen09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Smile
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Jackie Mac on WEEI - Page 3 Empty Re: Jackie Mac on WEEI

Post by Sam Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Mrkleen,

Sometimes, when one is a moderator, one must temper conviviality with frankness. As a moderator, I thought some comments went over the line, and I acted on that perception. I even took the trouble to listen to the interview and accurately reported to this forum that Jackie had actually presented quite a balanced set of perspectives concerning Avery. The escalation of the thread from that point—replete with accusations and abrupt changes of subject—speaks for itself.

If you want to continue the conversation, why don't we take it to private mail where there can be no grandstanding?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:45 pm

The only one grandstanding here is you Sam, in trying to tell us that Jackie is an "expert" and that somehow makes her opinion more valid than the rest of us.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Mrkleen,

Repetition is actually a form of grandstanding, and I'm calling you for continually trying to use "valid" as an umbrella to cover two concepts: (1) I've suggested before that her opinion is more informed than either yours or mine. (2) Her right to express her opinion is no more or less valid than ours, although she has been castigated on this thread for sharing her opinion.

If you want to continue this boring litany of triteness, please do so via private message.

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:11 pm

not sure what the point of Jackie's comments are. Avery is listed as a SG. When DA drafted him, he wanted to convert him to a pg,,aka like Delonte.

Avery is a combo guard that is more comfortable playing off the ball. He shoots the ball well enough to play at the 2 and based on his shooting form he could easily turn into a really productive offensive player.

I disagree that he has no position in the nba as she suggests. He's a guard..he's no pg. so basically she makes a fallacious argument that because he is not a good point guard there is no position since he can't shoot...another non fact.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Everyone has a right to their own opinion regardless of the topic. Jackie MacMullen has always conducted herself on all media forums that I have witnessed in an articulate, cogent, caring and compassionate manner. She was the one who was able to broker the literary offering about Larry & Magic. She is also the one who authored the most recent book about Shaq. I have much respect for her sports knowledge, mode of expression, and the essence that pervades her personage.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3