A Chemical Reaction

2 posters

Go down

A Chemical Reaction Empty A Chemical Reaction

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am

Here's some quotes coming from various Celtics, after the victory over Miami.

“Honestly, I think he (KG) loves the team. He does. He loves his teammates. They have a lot of fun together, this is a good group and that makes you want to play more,”. “He loves every team, but locker rooms grow together, and they get better. And when you have good energy in it, guys play better. I think that’s with every team and I think that’s in our case too.” - Doc Rivers

“It’s because we’re a great team. Our positions and personnel, it’s all about the system. You know your role in the system, you do what you’re told in the role, carry out your role 100 percent wholeheartedly and that’s your contribution to the team,” he said, adding, “Doc’s system is a very solidified system. It’s not really complicated, but it definitely calls for you to give everything you have. And from that standpoint, if you’re a hard worker, a player that loves to work hard and play hard, then you can fit in the system. Otherwise, you won’t make it.” - Kevin Garnett

“We know we have the big stars to lead us, and they just need guys to fill in the cracks. We’ve counted on that all season, and we knew coming into this situation that those guys are going to take us where we want to go and they’re going to open stuff up for us too. So as long as we come in and do our jobs well, those guys are going to flourish even more,” - Greg Stiemsma.

“You get that with a veteran team, a more established team. Those roles get cut out and veterans that come in and have been doing the same thing — KG, 17 years in the game, Paul and those guys, 13-plus years — they make it easy for the young guys to fall into that format.” - Ryan Hollins

“I’m a team player, so I would play the four if my team needs me to. I’m willing to do whatever my team needs, whether that’s start, come off the bench, whatever. I’m just always going to be prepared and go out there and play hard,” - Avery Bradley. When asked whether his teammates all share the same mentality, the 21-year old defensive phenom responded, “Definitely, and that’s why we’re such a team.”

“Guys just prepare themselves. Doc is a player-friendly coach, so we don’t have a lot of practice time. But even on days we don’t have practice, you’ll see a whole bunch of guys in there getting their work in,”. “If Marquis’ number was called tonight, from a cardio standpoint, he’d be ready to play because we approach this job with a sense of pride. We all take pride in it. We all have roles. Even when you’re not playing, you still have a role, and no role is more important than the next.” - Keyon Dooling

“This season’s been in disarray and it’s obviously not one that we love,” Garnett said. “But we’ve acclimated to it. We’ve made adjustments to it. We’re taking it one game at a time and we’re playing hard as hell. We’re all joined as one, and we’re picking each other up where others lack.” - Kevin Garnett

bob
My Notes: In a post-game interview, Avery Bradley was asked about his defense on Wade, his block on Wade, etc. All-in-all it was a boring interview because Bradley just kept repeating, in a few different ways, "I just try to come in and play hard". That is why KG loves this team. The Bradleys and the Steamers and the Sashas just want to get in and play hard and don't beef about their roles and playing time like Baby did. He didn't play 4, but if you noticed, in the game, there were a few times when Bradley was defending LeBum, the biggest damn 3 in the history of the league.

Last edited by bobheckler on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Dooling quote)
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

A Chemical Reaction Empty Re: A Chemical Reaction

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 am

All you can say is all these attributed quotes add up to an amazingly selfless team-oriented attitude of all surveyed.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down