You know you're not in an NBA town when...

2 posters

Go down

You know you're not in an NBA town when... Empty You know you're not in an NBA town when...

Post by worcester Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 pm

...the morning radio sports talk show host - Ian Beckles, former offensive right guard for the Tampa Bay Bucs - tells the following story:
"I met this sports hero at a function and told him how in awe I was of his career. 'Frank Mahovlich, I was a real fan of yours when you played for the Maple Leafs and Canadiens' ... I went on and on telling Frank what a great player he was, but he kept giving me sour looks. Finally he walked away in disgust."

" Then I asked a friend of mine 'What's wrong with Mahovlich?'"

"My friend turned to me and said, 'Mahovlich? That's John Havlicek.' "
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

You know you're not in an NBA town when... Empty Re: You know you're not in an NBA town when...

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:50 am

At least Ian didn't think Hondo was the star of, "Being John Malkovic!" (LOL)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

You know you're not in an NBA town when... Empty Re: You know you're not in an NBA town when...

Post by worcester Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 am

Now that's funny MD!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 am

Worcester:

That sort of reminds me somewhat about 70's television. After Kojak became a hit several shows wanted to get success by naming their show with a similarly sounding name: Kolchak (The Nightstalker), Kodiak, Mr Novak, and The Family Holvak! I know it's a stretch, but not like stuffing Roseanne Barr in spandex! (UGH)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down