Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!

+8
k_j_88
dboss
RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
gyso
worcester
Ktron
12 posters

Go down

Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!  Empty Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!

Post by Ktron Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:52 pm

Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!  Img_3610

Cue: Rufus/Chaka Khan’s “Please Pardon Me”…

Forgive me. I know this will prolly set a bunch here off. Please know that I’m just doing my job: Very Happy

*DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

SENSATIONALISTIC RAG-https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-jaylen-brown-should-be-traded-asap-per-kendrick-perkins
                                   https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-jaylen-brown-should-be-traded-asap-per-kendrick-perkins

‘End this right now’: Kendrick Perkins wants Celtics star Jaylen Brown out of Boston ASAP

Some fans have been trying to revoke Kendrick Perkins' Boston Celtics card amid all the criticism the one-time NBA champ has thrown in the direction of his former team. According to Big Perk, he's just being honest and he's merely providing his unbiased opinion on the Celtics — something that he has come out with again after seeing Boston get dominated by the Miami Heat at home in a do-or-die Game 7 matchup on Monday night.

At this point, Perkins believes that Jaylen Brown has to go. This isn't the first time Big Perk has come out with this statement, and Brown's no-show in Game 7 only served as more proof for Perkins on how the Celtics have to trade Brown away this summer:
“It’s time to break Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum up,” Perkins said. “Jaylen Brown was horrible tonight — eight turnovers, 8-for-23 from the field. Jayson Tatum (is) hurt; this is the time he’s supposed to step up.

“I just don’t know, if you’re the front office of the Celtics, how much longer you’re going to be patient with this duo. It's gonna be guys out there that are going to be somewhat on the market, like a Trae Young and a Damian Lillard. And I think the front office, Brad Stevens and Wyc Grousbeck, is gonna have to take a hard look at whether or not they want to bring Jaylen Brown back and pair him up with Jayson Tatum, which I think they shouldn’t. I think they should go out there and try to get a Damian Lillard, and if they fall short of getting him, then go get a Trae Young. But I think it’s time to end this relationship right now.”

Perkins even provided the Celtics with a couple of options in Damian Lillard and Trae Young, which are undeniably exciting prospects for Boston — especially given their current situation. Whatever the case might be, what Big Perk is adamant about is the fact that Jaylen Brown needs to go. Now.

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-jaylen-brown-should-be-traded-asap-per-kendrick-perkins

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!  Empty Re: Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!

Post by worcester Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:11 am

Believe it or not, there are effective therapies for crack addiction which could prove useful in Perk's case. Until he recovers I don't want to engage in any dialogue. I learned long ago in AlAnon, don't argue with an active drug addict. They are out of their minds, and it is just the addiction talking. There's no reasoning with them.
JB for Trae or Dame? See what I'm talking about...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!  Empty Re: Perk doubles Down on Brown. Wants Jaylen Out of Town-Now!

Post by gyso Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:44 am

worcester wrote:Believe it or not, there are effective therapies for crack addiction which could prove useful in Perk's case. Until he recovers I don't want to engage in any dialogue. I learned long ago in AlAnon, don't argue with an active drug addict. They are out of their minds, and it is just the addiction talking. There's no reasoning with them.
JB for Trae or Dame? See what I'm talking about...

+100

If it ain't drugs, it has to be early onset cray-cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:29 am

Guy is snoring on national television, he is unwatchable

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:24 pm

Perk, I second the motion!

Brown has other agendas besides winning an NBA title that seem to be coming priority verses a title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:45 pm

112288 wrote:Perk, I second the motion!

Brown has other agendas besides winning an NBA title that seem to be coming priority verses a title.

Like…. ?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:47 pm

I could not care less what Perk thinks, or says. He is a big blowhard. period. get him off the Celtics pre/post game. Talk about someone with an agenda, He has a big one and couldn't care less about this team. Sick of his garbage
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:46 pm

I cannot let this one go!

What agendas are you referring to? His social activism?

So in your opinion these agendas have somehow compromised his desire to win a title for the Boston Celtics and their loyal fans?

Personally, I am proud of Jaylen Brown. This country needs young African American men to step to the plate and fight for what is right. His position provides him with a platform and I think that is a good thing.

112288, I have always wondered about your politics but this forum is not intended to be a sounding board for those type of discussions.

I would be more than happy to talk with you off line.

When you make posts like this you are in effect disparaging a Black man and I am not down with that.

Step to the plate and say exactly what you mean.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:17 pm

Perkins seems destined to be the king of horrible takes.

I would pump the brakes on this. He is one of the top players in the league and is in the earliest stage of his prime. I think people often forget the fact that Brown and Tatum are 26 and 25, respectively, because it seems like they've been playing for a long time. If they both can stay healthy, they still have at least 6-8 really good years before we see any type of decline. You're going to need that going forward against the likes of Murray & Jokic, Giannis, Booker, Luka, et al.

As far as any "agendas," I think he's a man with a deep sense of purpose that extends beyond the game of basketball, and that is a good thing as a human being.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:30 am

dboss wrote:

I cannot let this one go!

What agendas are you referring to? His social activism?    

So in your opinion these agendas have somehow compromised his desire to win a title for the Boston Celtics and their loyal fans?

Personally, I am proud of Jaylen Brown.  This country needs young African American men to step to the plate and fight for what is right.  His position provides him with a platform and I think that is a good thing.

112288, I have always wondered about your politics but this forum is not intended to be a sounding board for those type of discussions.

I would be more than happy to talk with you off line.  

When you make posts like this you are in effect disparaging a Black man and I am not down with that.  

Step to the plate and say exactly what you mean.                                                                                                                                   

+1

jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:33 am

That Russell guy had other agendas too. Gosh, imagine a life that isn't completely defined by bouncing a ball.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:22 pm

The Celtics should be proud to have a guy like Jaylen representing them, and I think they are. You are right there, I lived thru that Russell era, no one appreciated him until it was "in" Believe me it is important to have a guy speaking out for all that he does. This is bull............
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:49 pm

MY NOTE:  I decided to put this here instead in the 'Celtics Related Trade Rumors' thread because I do not consider it credible, just like I don't think Perk is credible.  So be forewarned.  Remember when the NY sports media were throwing out all kinds of stupid trade ideas to get Rondo for spare parts?  This is like that.  Please have a good laugh with this, because that's what it is to me.  A joke.

Assessing Knicks' trade paths to Jaylen Brown

Ian Begley
Mon, June 26, 2023 at 10:09 AM PDT

If you’re Knicks president Leon Rose, do you run it back next season?

Do you think RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, Quentin Grimes, Mitchell Robinson, etc. can help you take a step forward? Are you willing to bet that internal improvement of those young players, and a full year of Josh Hart, can get you past the second round?

Or, do you trade some of those young players and draft picks for an established star? There could be several big names on the trade market this season. Karl-Anthony Towns, Damian Lillard, Zion Williamson, Joel Embiid, Jaylen Brown, etc.

Starting Friday, you can include up to eight first-round picks in a trade. So you have the draft capital to make a competitive offer. And your young players – Barrett, Grimes, Quickley, Robinson – have improved their trade value since last summer. That gives you the opportunity to put together a compelling trade package for a top player.

With that in mind, we’ll look at the details of potential trades for top players over the next two weeks. We started with Towns, Williamson and Bradley Beal (who looks to be headed to the Phoenix Suns), and we’ll look at Embiid, Lillard and others.

Today, we breakdown the math, pathways and impact of a Brown trade to the Knicks:

What would the Knicks need to give up?

Brown will make $32 million next year. The Knicks would need to send out at least $25 million to satisfy league trade rules. They can do this in a number of ways (Our scenarios include the assumption that New York picks up Miles McBride’s team option, which will happen on June 29 if McBride is not traded).

If the package to Boston includes Evan Fournier, New York would need to send out an additional $8 million in the deal. A package including Fournier, Toppin, Jericho Sims and multiple first-round picks would work. This would allow Boston to shed salary in 2023-24 and in 2024-25, when Fournier’s contract expires. If the Celtics want Barrett, the Knicks sending out a package including Barrett, Quickley and draft compensation would work.

Also worth noting in any trade conversation about the Knicks: Grimes’ 2023-24 salary is $2.4 million. I assume New York would do everything it could to keep Grimes (and Quickley) out of a deal. I also assume that any team making a significant deal with New York would want Grimes and/or Quickley in the trade. From a salary perspective, it’s easy to include Grimes’ $2.4 million in a package that sends out $25 million.

Of course, the Knicks can send out more than $25 million in a trade for Brown. But we’d assume Boston wants to take back less salary to improve its flexibility and avoid any punitive measures in the new collective bargaining agreement.

**We’re not commenting on the wisdom of trading these players for Brown; we’re just laying out the math involved in making the trade work.

Why would he be traded?

Brown was named to an All-NBA team this season. That makes him eligible for a "supermax" extension this offseason. For Brown, the extension would be worth $290 million over five years. Jayson Tatum will also be eligible for a supermax extension next summer. His extension will be worth $318 million in total. So Boston has to decide between paying $600 million to Brown and Tatum or breaking up the duo.

The Celtics have had considerable success in the Brown-Tatum era. They’ve been to three Eastern Conference Finals and one NBA Finals (The Celtics also reached the conference finals in Brown’s rookie season, a year before they drafted Tatum).

But the Marcus Smart trade is a strong signal from management that the status quo wasn’t working. Does that mean Boston wants to break up the Brown and Tatum pairing?

If I had to guess, my answer would be no.

The most likely scenario is Brown signing the supermax extension this summer. As ESPN’s Bobby Marks notes in his essential offseason guide, 11 of the 12 players offered the supermax have signed it. If things go sideways and Brown or the Celtics want to change course in the future, it should be easy for Boston to trade Brown (*Brown wouldn’t be eligible to be traded during the 2023-24 season if he signs the supermax extension).

If Brown bucks the trend and decides to decline the supermax extension, that would set off alarms in Boston. It would be clear then that Brown doesn’t want to be in Boston. So the Celtics, presumably, would seek the best trade offer for Brown and move forward.

Could the Knicks still add players after a Brown trade?

Yes. Depending on the specifics of the trade and any subsequent moves, the Knicks would have access to one of the midlevel exceptions after a Brown trade. So they would have a resource to add other free agents. But they might be handicapped in the future. If the Knicks trade for Brown, you’d assume that they would sign him to another long-term contract. With Brown on the roster alongside other high-salary players, the Knicks could be in a tough place financially. The new CBA has punitive rules in place for teams that spend above a certain threshold, particularly once we get to the 2024-25 season.

Just food for thought as you consider what the Knicks should – or shouldn’t – do this offseason.

Bob
MY NOTE AGAIN: Yeah, like I would give up an All-NBA player entering his prime like Jaylen for Evan Fournier plus parts. Laughing Sorry, but we're not in the business of bailing you out of your dumb mistakes.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 pm

Got to tell you, Perk is so busy trying to make a name for himself that he is using the Celtics as his stepping stone. Getting ridiculous, really. His reasonings make no sense, thank God he is just a mouth piece. He is beginning to wear really thin on me. I have gotten to the point of shutting him off when he comes on. The problem is, he has people believing he is an insider and I truly believe he is not. At some point he will talk his way out of a job
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:27 pm

I like Perk, and I love the fact he now makes a living talking about the NBA. But while he can deliver intelligent takes on basketball, he now seems to be a hot take machine who is throwing out garbage takes in order to stir things up.

I too change the station when he comes on.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:17 pm

If Perk consistently stayed on message that I agree or disagree with, at least he would have a measure of credibility.

I previously saw something about the Celtics getting Evan Fournier back and I almost threw up in my mouth. Can you even begin to imagine that the Celtics would trade JB for a package of sheeeit cakes?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:31 pm

bobc33 wrote:I like Perk, and I love the fact he now makes a living talking about the NBA.  But while he can deliver intelligent takes on basketball, he now seems to be a hot take machine who is throwing out garbage takes in order to stir things up.

I too change the station when he comes on.

I don’t think Perk is using the C’s as a stepping stone because he started working for ESPN and some at FOX before he became a semi regular on our pre and post shows.
I also find him slightly more tame and objective when he is doing Celtic pre and post. He still can say some crazy thing there too but on a national level he is stone off the rails and he couldn’t care less what anyone things.
I don’t know how long that can last.

I do have to agree. Some of his takes he cant be serious about. If this is how some of them are making their money and want to remembered this way then thats on them.
Nothing says we have to listen to it. Im getting to that point too Bob

Last edited by Ktron on Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:MY NOTE:  I decided to put this here instead in the 'Celtics Related Trade Rumors' thread because I do not consider it credible, just like I don't think Perk is credible.  So be forewarned.  Remember when the NY sports media were throwing out all kinds of stupid trade ideas to get Rondo for spare parts?  This is like that.  Please have a good laugh with this, because that's what it is to me.  A joke.

Assessing Knicks' trade paths to Jaylen Brown

Ian Begley
Mon, June 26, 2023 at 10:09 AM PDT

If you’re Knicks president Leon Rose, do you run it back next season?

Do you think RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, Quentin Grimes, Mitchell Robinson, etc. can help you take a step forward? Are you willing to bet that internal improvement of those young players, and a full year of Josh Hart, can get you past the second round?

Or, do you trade some of those young players and draft picks for an established star? There could be several big names on the trade market this season. Karl-Anthony Towns, Damian Lillard, Zion Williamson, Joel Embiid, Jaylen Brown, etc.

Starting Friday, you can include up to eight first-round picks in a trade. So you have the draft capital to make a competitive offer. And your young players – Barrett, Grimes, Quickley, Robinson – have improved their trade value since last summer. That gives you the opportunity to put together a compelling trade package for a top player.

With that in mind, we’ll look at the details of potential trades for top players over the next two weeks. We started with Towns, Williamson and Bradley Beal (who looks to be headed to the Phoenix Suns), and we’ll look at Embiid, Lillard and others.

Today, we breakdown the math, pathways and impact of a Brown trade to the Knicks:

What would the Knicks need to give up?

Brown will make $32 million next year. The Knicks would need to send out at least $25 million to satisfy league trade rules. They can do this in a number of ways (Our scenarios include the assumption that New York picks up Miles McBride’s team option, which will happen on June 29 if McBride is not traded).

If the package to Boston includes Evan Fournier, New York would need to send out an additional $8 million in the deal. A package including Fournier, Toppin, Jericho Sims and multiple first-round picks would work. This would allow Boston to shed salary in 2023-24 and in 2024-25, when Fournier’s contract expires. If the Celtics want Barrett, the Knicks sending out a package including Barrett, Quickley and draft compensation would work.

Also worth noting in any trade conversation about the Knicks: Grimes’ 2023-24 salary is $2.4 million. I assume New York would do everything it could to keep Grimes (and Quickley) out of a deal. I also assume that any team making a significant deal with New York would want Grimes and/or Quickley in the trade. From a salary perspective, it’s easy to include Grimes’ $2.4 million in a package that sends out $25 million.

Of course, the Knicks can send out more than $25 million in a trade for Brown. But we’d assume Boston wants to take back less salary to improve its flexibility and avoid any punitive measures in the new collective bargaining agreement.

**We’re not commenting on the wisdom of trading these players for Brown; we’re just laying out the math involved in making the trade work.

Why would he be traded?

Brown was named to an All-NBA team this season. That makes him eligible for a "supermax" extension this offseason. For Brown, the extension would be worth $290 million over five years. Jayson Tatum will also be eligible for a supermax extension next summer. His extension will be worth $318 million in total. So Boston has to decide between paying $600 million to Brown and Tatum or breaking up the duo.

The Celtics have had considerable success in the Brown-Tatum era. They’ve been to three Eastern Conference Finals and one NBA Finals (The Celtics also reached the conference finals in Brown’s rookie season, a year before they drafted Tatum).

But the Marcus Smart trade is a strong signal from management that the status quo wasn’t working. Does that mean Boston wants to break up the Brown and Tatum pairing?

If I had to guess, my answer would be no.

The most likely scenario is Brown signing the supermax extension this summer. As ESPN’s Bobby Marks notes in his essential offseason guide, 11 of the 12 players offered the supermax have signed it. If things go sideways and Brown or the Celtics want to change course in the future, it should be easy for Boston to trade Brown (*Brown wouldn’t be eligible to be traded during the 2023-24 season if he signs the supermax extension).

If Brown bucks the trend and decides to decline the supermax extension, that would set off alarms in Boston. It would be clear then that Brown doesn’t want to be in Boston. So the Celtics, presumably, would seek the best trade offer for Brown and move forward.

Could the Knicks still add players after a Brown trade?

Yes. Depending on the specifics of the trade and any subsequent moves, the Knicks would have access to one of the midlevel exceptions after a Brown trade. So they would have a resource to add other free agents. But they might be handicapped in the future. If the Knicks trade for Brown, you’d assume that they would sign him to another long-term contract. With Brown on the roster alongside other high-salary players, the Knicks could be in a tough place financially. The new CBA has punitive rules in place for teams that spend above a certain threshold, particularly once we get to the 2024-25 season.

Just food for thought as you consider what the Knicks should – or shouldn’t – do this offseason.

Bob
MY NOTE AGAIN:  Yeah, like I would give up an All-NBA player entering his prime like Jaylen for Evan Fournier plus parts. Laughing  Sorry, but we're not in the business of bailing you out of your dumb mistakes.

Ian Begley is pretty reputable or should I say WAS pretty reputable until he put put this pile of manure together.
It took me an hour to write these 2 sentences because I couldn’t for the life of me stop laughing.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:51 pm

I'm still wondering what"agendas"" Brown has that are hindering his development. If you have the chutzpah to make a statement like that, it seems to me that you should be able to explain your rationale.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Another one of those waste of time articles IMO.

You can propose trading anyone for whoever, there are even apps that will tell you if the trade meets the money rules. But why bother? If there isn’t even so much as a sniff of a credible word that a given trade is being considered, it’s a waste of time.

Jaylen to the Knicks. Yeah. In light of recent events, that sure seems like something I don’t have time to look at. Let me know if and when it happens, then I’ll read it.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:12 pm

I honestly laughed out loud when I read that absurd post.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down