Ray Allen: The Troublesome Ankles

4 posters

Go down

Ray Allen: The Troublesome Ankles Empty Ray Allen: The Troublesome Ankles

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Ok, so we were told the MRI on Ray's ankle shows no structural damage. Does anyone think there is more to it than we are being told. Did Ray try to come back too soon or is it a deterioration of the condition that caused the first surgery prior to the '07-'08 title season. Did the cortizone shot cause Ray to do more damage to the ankle than we are being told. Pietrus is an above average replacement off the bench for a 2 guard, and the Celts are blessed to have him. However, it's hard to beat the all-time 3 point King when he's right!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen: The Troublesome Ankles Empty Re: Ray Allen: The Troublesome Ankles

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

MD,

It's not a good thing that Ray sat out for a few games, came back to play one game, and now has to sit out again because of renewed swelling.

Cortisone shots reduce swelling, which enhances the healing process. Playing on the ankle, just because it's not swelling, isn't good because it's still not healed. So, I'd have to say that while it might not have caused more damage, it didn't help.

I never believe what I hear about injuries. They have no obligation to tell us the truth if doing so helps the opposing coaching staffs prepare to play us.

The surgery Ray had prior to the trade to the Celtics was for bone spurs in his heel, not his ankle. That's why I was so confident when I heard he had been traded to us. That is not a serious injury or surgery.

I don't want to jinx anything, but we might be seeing the end of Ray Allen's career here, or at least, the beginning of the end. His recurring right ankle problems are becoming a longterm problem. If he needs surgery, at age 36, that's not good.

I hope I'm overblowing this.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:00 pm

bobheckler wrote:MD,

It's not a good thing that Ray sat out for a few games, came back to play one game, and now has to sit out again because of renewed swelling.

Cortisone shots reduce swelling, which enhances the healing process. Playing on the ankle, just because it's not swelling, isn't good because it's still not healed. So, I'd have to say that while it might not have caused more damage, it didn't help.

I never believe what I hear about injuries. They have no obligation to tell us the truth if doing so helps the opposing coaching staffs prepare to play us.

The surgery Ray had prior to the trade to the Celtics was for bone spurs in his heel, not his ankle. That's why I was so confident when I heard he had been traded to us. That is not a serious injury or surgery.

I don't want to jinx anything, but we might be seeing the end of Ray Allen's career here, or at least, the beginning of the end. His recurring right ankle problems are becoming a longterm problem. If he needs surgery, at age 36, that's not good.

bob

bob,

Ray came back and played five games and then sat out.

Ray came back on April 4th against the Spurs. He started. He played 34 minutes. Then he went to the bench and Bradley started.

Ray played in the next 4 games against the Bulls, Pacers, 76ers and the Heat. He came off the bench, as I said. He played 31, 32, 27 and 34 (plus) minutes in those games.

Ray averaged nearly 32 minutes per game over the five games. The first and second games were back-to-back. The third and fourth games were back-to-back.

Please step back from the edge!!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:12 pm

gyso wrote:
bobheckler wrote:MD,

bob

bob,

Ray came back and played five games and then sat out.

Ray came back on April 4th against the Spurs. He started. He played 34 minutes. Then he went to the bench and Bradley started.

Ray played in the next 4 games against the Bulls, Pacers, 76ers and the Heat. He came off the bench, as I said. He played 31, 32, 27 and 34 (plus) minutes in those games.

Ray averaged nearly 32 minutes per game over the five games. The first and second games were back-to-back. The third and fourth games were back-to-back.

Please step back from the edge!!!

gyso

gyso,

Thanks buddy. I was getting a little vertigo there for a while.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:54 pm

They should make sure to only play him every 3-4 days from now until the playoffs.

We dont NEED him right now but he will become very valuable come playoffs.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down