mrkleen09
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
swedeinestonia
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celtics' Stiemsma wants to return to Boston - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics' Stiemsma wants to return to Boston

Post by beat Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:No doubt this kid will be looking for a decent contract after jumping around so much. Do they really want to take a chance with him and then get stuck with an overpriced failure? I love the kid, but you are right Bob, he was really not the brightest lightbulb on the christmas tree! I sat behind him and Tony Allen in a restaurant here in Waltham one night. I wish you could have listened to them ordering. It took two waitresses to get it right!!!!

Rosalie

Looking and pointing at a menu should not be that tough!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Stiemsma wants to return to Boston - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics' Stiemsma wants to return to Boston

Post by 112288 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Bob,

During those years there was a lot of players dumber then hammers. Who knows. If they don't go after him, then you would have to assume Ainge & Doc know something we don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Beat:

I'm Green with envy, but not green around the gills! (LOL)

MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

112288 wrote:Bob,

During those years there was a lot of players dumber then hammers. Who knows. If they don't go after him, then you would have to assume Ainge & Doc know something we don't.

I always assume they know something I don't.

Gerald Green is going to give the NJ Nets a hometown discount, so this may all be moot anyway.
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/green_says_he_take_less_to_stay_JI9fnFfEZob0C7PrlcXcGL

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:25 pm

BOB,

Good find! I guess he can look at it 2 ways. If I am putting up these numbers and I am on a poor (Nets) team, I'll get a chance to play more then on let us say Boston. However, if he is ok at coming off the bench like he is now with the Nets and is playing for a Championship caliber team, he may think differently.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 pm

112288 wrote:BOB,

Good find! I guess he can look at it 2 ways. If I am putting up these numbers and I am on a poor (Nets) team, I'll get a chance to play more then on let us say Boston. However, if he is ok at coming off the bench like he is now with the Nets and is playing for a Championship caliber team, he may think differently.

He's just happy being back in the good ol' USA.

On another note, did you see what The Asshole Formerly Known as Ron Artest did to James Harden today?

I posted the video in the "Random Thoughts from around the league" sticky.

Un-fucking-believable. Kobe's brains must be boiling inside his skull right now.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 pm

As an alum, I heard stories from people close to the program about Ron Artest from his days at St Johns. This guy is a street thug and a racist. He is nuts. I am just surprised he did not wind up in prison.

Unbelievable ..........Now what will the league due!

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 pm

2 or 3 game suspension coming up. Considering LA only has one regular season game left, Metta World Thug will be watching the early part of the playoffs from his crib.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 am

steve3344 wrote:2 or 3 game suspension coming up. Considering LA only has one regular season game left, Metta World Thug will be watching the early part of the playoffs from his crib.

Would not be surprised it's more, thinking he'll miss the first round. If the Stern has balls, the entire playoffs would be proper. Not like the guy has a clean slate.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 am

Ten games is fair, James Harden is not a professional fighter, think hes not gonna feel the aftereffects of that elbow?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 am

Cow

Always felt that when a player intentionally does something like this they should not get back on the court until the after player they injured has returned. THEN suspend him, for that many games. In other word make the suspension indefinite for now then once Harden returns to the floor suspend him X number of games.

Would love to see this in Hockey also.

beat

PS Did you notice Perk jawing with Artest. Would love Perk to have a chance to "legally" lay him out.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 am

If Stern had any guts he would hand out a suspension like the guy from the NHL, 25 games. Artest knew exactly what he was doing, he wanted to take Harden out of the game. This guy is a real piece of work.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:44 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:If Stern had any guts he would hand out a suspension like the guy from the NHL, 25 games. Artest knew exactly what he was doing, he wanted to take Harden out of the game. This guy is a real piece of work.

Well we all await to see what a real thug gets.

Wonder if Al Sharpton will chime in to defend him? Or Jessie Jackson?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 am

beat wrote:Cow

Always felt that when a player intentionally does something like this they should not get back on the court until the after player they injured has returned. THEN suspend him, for that many games. In other word make the suspension indefinite for now then once Harden returns to the floor suspend him X number of games.

Would love to see this in Hockey also.

beat

PS Did you notice Perk jawing with Artest. Would love Perk to have a chance to "legally" lay him out.

beat,

I agree. How does a 3 game suspension make sense if Harden is out for 3 games? The perpetrator should lose more than the victim.

Considering his long rap sheet both on the court (Malice in the Palace, flagrant foul for an elbow to the head of Ginobili in playoff round 1 with Sacto in 2006) and off (arrested for domestic violence while he was in Sacto) I think the NBA needs to send a strong statement.

Look, the general quality of play this season is down, due to the condensed and compacted schedule. The fans are still a little grumpy. OKC is a major rival in their conference and the playoffs start this week so the timing is of significance.

IMO, he should not play again this season, including the playoffs. A 3 or 5 game suspension for trying to behead a guy that's smaller than you just isn't enough.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 am

While basing a player's suspension on how long the guy he hit is out sounds good at first glance, it's ultimately unworkable.

Scenario 1: The same type of hit occurs to three different players. Player 1 doesn't miss any games, player 2 is out for a week, and player 3 never plays again. Should the suspension for each guy who committed the flagrant foul be based on how long the recipient was out? Or should it really be based on the type of action the guy committed?

Scenario 2: Player 1 flagrantly fouls player 2 with a blow to the head. Player 2 doesn't have a concussion and plays the next game, but his neck is tweaked and he's affected for weeks afterward. Does player 1 get off easy because the debilitation to player 2 wasn't severe enough to keep him out?

Scenario 3: Player 1 flagrantly fouls player 2 shortly before the playoffs, and player 2 is a scrub off the bench. Player 2's team has him exaggerate the effects, knowing that they could face player 1's team in the playoffs. Player 2 doesn't play again that season, and player 2's team beats player 1's team in the playoffs with player 1 suspended.

To me, the guy committing a flagrant foul should be suspended based on his action, not by waiting to see how long a player will be out. Look at these two flagrant fouls by Andrew Bynum, one on J.J. Barea in the 2011 playoffs and one on Gerald Wallace in the 2009 season.

They are essentially the same action -- throwing a forearm shiver into the exposed ribs of a player driving to the basket. Yet Barea didn't suffer any serious injury and played the next game, while Wallace had a broken rib, a collapsed lung, and was out for almost three weeks. Bynum shouldn't have gotten off easy for the foul on Barea just because Barea didn't lose any playing time, yet that's what would happen if you based suspensions on how long the fouled player was out.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 am

Outside

your quote

Bynum shouldn't have gotten off easy for the foul on Barea just because Barea didn't lose any playing time, yet that's what would happen if you based suspensions on how long the fouled player was out.

I did not say base it solely on the injury and the time the iinjured player is out but suspend him now until the player returns to action, THEN suspend him a certain number of games beyond that.
And why wouldn't it work? Hurt someone intentionally and that player is out, boom, your done. If the guy hurt is lost for the season yours is done too. Perhaps there should be a MAX limit, but I see no reason why it can't work.

The intent to injure could always be tough to call.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 am

Wonder if the league would consider anything like this for acts like this. What if Artest had to pay for Harden's medical bills out of his salary?

Just a thought.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Since this is not the first time by Artest in which he received an 86 game suspension while at Indiana, the guy needs to be band for the entire playoffs. If you watch the video it was plan as day that he willfully engaged in wanting to hurt the guy. Look at his eyes and facial expression, he was thinking all the way on hitting him. There was enough time between the end of the play and the elbow, to cool down and be rational. He was jacked up to want to do what he did.

Of course the NBA will fine him $100,000 or so...Big Deal, how much does he make, and suspend him for probably 2 games. WHY...They are not going to let the Lakers lose in the first round. That would mean lost TV Ratings/viewership and Revenue and the circus that surrounds Team Kobe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

ban him from the nba, the league doesnt need him helping define the leagues image, this shortarsed season, the nba players association war, Ron "world peace" Artrst has repeatedly proven he's a thug..

i'll sign the petition myself.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 pm

does that mean you don't believe him?????????????????????????????

the poor guy, he really didn't mean it, did he?

Right...............

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:08 am

HEY.....WHERE IS CHICKEN SHXT STERN AND HIS RULING ON ARTEST?

I am quite sure if it was a Boston player they would have ruled the same night!

Again a double standard does exist in the NBA...when it comes to the media and NBA Darling Basketball Stars of Tinsel Town!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 am

112288, I really don't see a double standard regarding how quickly they issue suspensions. They rule before the next game for the player in question, and the Lakers don't play again until Thursday, so there's no rush.

I am not defending Artest in any way, shape, or form. As far as I'm concerned, he should be out for anywhere from 7-25 games. I just don't see any favoritism in the the timing of the ruling. After what Stern did with the Chris Paul trade, he's got a long way to go to be favoring LA this year.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 am

Outside

Tend to agree that there is no rush. Even if he's suspended indefinately for now with no set number. He's got to know he's done for a bit only real question is for how long? Part of the wait might be just to see how bad off Harden is hurt, although some don't think that should be a factor.

My guess is he is done for this season, and perhaps a little next year for good measure. Where ever that might be. Certainly doubt he'll be in a Laker uni again.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 am

THE PROOF WILL BE IN THE JUDGEMENT HANDED OUT!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 am

TAFKARA has 2 years left on his contract after this at $7.2 and $7.7. Not easily tradeable.

As far as the Chris Paul trade to LAL goes, I seem to remember that was going to be allowed to go through by the league office until a few owners, notably Dan Gilbert, complained. That doesn't sound like Mr. Potato Head WASN'T favoring LAL.

James Harden was evaluated yesterday and will be evaluated again today. If he can play their next game then TAFKARA will probably only get 2 games. If Harden's out longer, then the punishment will be longer. I'm ok with that. Match the punishment to the damage done.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next