ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW'

4 posters

Go down

ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW' Empty ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW'

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:07 pm

WEEI
By: Paul Flannery

WALTHAM -- If the playoffs weren't starting on Sunday, Ray Allen said he would get surgery on his ankle. He'll need to have a procedure one way or the other at the end of the season.

"Yeah, no question. If I could I would get surgery tomorrow," Allen said before the team conducted practice. "If this was earlier in the season I probably would have had surgery on it."

Allen will make the trip to Atlanta, but it's looking less and less likely that he'll be able to play.

"Honestly I don't think he'll play [Sunday]," Doc Rivers said. "We'll find that out. He's just not moving well."

Allen had a cortisone shot on Wednesday -- his second since the injury he suffered against the Clippers in March -- and he said this shot helped. The swelling has gone down, but the pain remains.

"It feels a lot better as I stand here," Allen said. "Just moving around, walking around it feels great. Now transferring that on to the floor is the next thing."

Allen hasn't give up hope.

"These are extreme situations. Extreme times," he said. "Playoff basketball is a few notches above what we do in the regular season. It’s really a matter of me getting my legs underneath me, running when I can, but that’s the difficult thing."

Back to top Go down

ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW' Empty Re: ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW'

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm

I guess what we feared is coming true. I am really sad to see this happen at this time to such a great player. Ray has given his all to this team for the last five years, to see it end this way is really sad
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW' Empty Re: ALLEN: 'I WOULD GET SURGERY TOMORROW'

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm

He should just get the surgery, he needs a healthy ankle to be effective.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm

As one door closes another opens.........it's Bradley and Moore opportunity to become a Celtic for a long time if they catch lightening in a bottle.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 am

I don't think Allen is finished. He may not be very productive in the playoffs. However, the last surgery bought him 5 more years. If he recovers even half as well as last time he should be a Celtic for 2 more years anyway. That is if he is willing to play for a reduced salary.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 pm

I like your thinking MD!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Rosalie:

Thanks. I try not to think too much. It usually gets me in trouble. (LOL)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down