Matty
NYCelt
gyso
bobc33
bobheckler
12 posters

Go down

Celtic MVP

Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_lcap64%Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 9 ]
Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_lcap0%Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_lcap21%Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_lcap7%Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_lcap7%Celtic MVP - Regular Season Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Celtic MVP - Regular Season Empty Celtic MVP - Regular Season

Post by bobheckler Wed May 02, 2012 8:57 pm

OUR MVP. I'm only including in the poll players that played significant minutes.

I'll start another poll later in the playoffs just for playoff MVP.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtic MVP - Regular Season Empty Re: Celtic MVP - Regular Season

Post by bobc33 Wed May 02, 2012 9:14 pm

I didn't see a clear winner, but based on his second half performance I voted for KG.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I voted for Pierce, the guy that gives the team what it needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Pierce over Rondo.

Subtract either one and we're a non-contender and possibly a non-playoff team.

I think Pierce, Rondo and KG, in that order, have been the biggest keys to Celtic success this year. I wouldn't argue with a vote for any of them and I think the drop-off after them is sharp.

Pierce still appears to have a couple of very productive seasons in him too.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 am

had to go with paul, he;s the heart and soul of the Boston Celtics
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am

NY,

A case could be made for Rondo. Up to the all-star break, he had posted multiple triple-doubles where no one else in the league had posted more than one. Then, he kicked in the assist mind-set and the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

A case could be made for KG. When KG moved over to the 5-spot, he had some of the best games in years. 20-10's came more frequently. The defense went to new heights and the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

A case could be made for Avery Bradley. We saw flashes of his great on-the-ball defense earlier on here and there when he got a chance to get some playing time. When he was inserted into the starting lineup, he showed us he could score by moving off the ball. As the season progressed, we saw him gain confidence in his outside shot so that now, no one cringes when he attempts a jump-shot. His total package filled a huge hole left by the injured Ray Allen. With Bradley in the starting rotation the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

I voted for Pierce anyway. From Paul Flannery:

After he returned from a heel injury early in the season, his first 10 games or so were forgettable. His next 10 may have saved the Celtics’ season when he took over the primary scoring and ballhandling duties while Rajon Rondo recovered from a wrist injury. Then he hit another valley in February, shooting less than 40 percent from the floor and 30 percent from 3-point range.

Since the All-Star break, however, Pierce has been arguably their best player and that includes Kevin Garnett’s revival and Rondo’s assist-binge. While those two have received justified attention for the Celtics’ resurgence, Pierce averaged better than 22 points a game in March on his way to winning Eastern Conference Player of the Month, and he’s maintained that level throughout April.

One night after scoring 43 points – the first time any Celtic has topped 40 points in the regular season during the Big Three era – Pierce went for 29 points (on just 14 shots) and a career-high 14 assists in a 102-98 win over the Magic.

I almost forgot to add, after Paul got his game going, the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

Here's the rest of the article from Paul Flannery:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2012/04/19/appreciating-paul-pierces-season

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 03, 2012 11:17 am

gyso wrote:NY,

A case could be made for Rondo. Up to the all-star break, he had posted multiple triple-doubles where no one else in the league had posted more than one. Then, he kicked in the assist mind-set and the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

A case could be made for KG. When KG moved over to the 5-spot, he had some of the best games in years. 20-10's came more frequently. The defense went to new heights and the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

A case could be made for Avery Bradley. We saw flashes of his great on-the-ball defense earlier on here and there when he got a chance to get some playing time. When he was inserted into the starting lineup, he showed us he could score by moving off the ball. As the season progressed, we saw him gain confidence in his outside shot so that now, no one cringes when he attempts a jump-shot. His total package filled a huge hole left by the injured Ray Allen. With Bradley in the starting rotation the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

I voted for Pierce anyway. From Paul Flannery:

After he returned from a heel injury early in the season, his first 10 games or so were forgettable. His next 10 may have saved the Celtics’ season when he took over the primary scoring and ballhandling duties while Rajon Rondo recovered from a wrist injury. Then he hit another valley in February, shooting less than 40 percent from the floor and 30 percent from 3-point range.

Since the All-Star break, however, Pierce has been arguably their best player and that includes Kevin Garnett’s revival and Rondo’s assist-binge. While those two have received justified attention for the Celtics’ resurgence, Pierce averaged better than 22 points a game in March on his way to winning Eastern Conference Player of the Month, and he’s maintained that level throughout April.

One night after scoring 43 points – the first time any Celtic has topped 40 points in the regular season during the Big Three era – Pierce went for 29 points (on just 14 shots) and a career-high 14 assists in a 102-98 win over the Magic.

I almost forgot to add, after Paul got his game going, the Celtics went on to make the third best record in the NBA after the break.

Here's the rest of the article from Paul Flannery:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2012/04/19/appreciating-paul-pierces-season

gyso,

Good point about KG and his move to 5. It is without a doubt among the major factors in the team's turnaround this year, and often overlooked.
I also agree about Rondo. I had to really think about voting for Pierce over Rondo (See? Someone tell my wife I really do think...).

regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am

I'd vote for a tie between Doc and Ed Lacerte, the trainer.

Honorable mention to Ainge for not getting an itchy trigger finger at the trade deadline.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 am

Outside-good thought. I don't know what we would have done without either one. This has been one hell of a year, losing player after player to injury and illness. Doc deserves credit for getting the most he could out of his players. They seem to love him, even the new players who joined the team today.
KG, Paul, Ray and Rondo all said as much in the interview they has on comcast last week. Interesting, watching them all relate to one another and then saying that Doc was the glue.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 03, 2012 12:02 pm

I'd voted for Rondo but want to change my vote to PP.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi guys/gals, good to see old names from the other forum. Hope to add a little to what you have here. Incredible game wasn't it? BTW still a big PP fan.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm

tardust wrote:Hi guys/gals, good to see old names from the other forum. Hope to add a little to what you have here. Incredible game wasn't it? BTW still a big PP fan.

Tardust,

Welcome to Sam's!

We hope you stop in here often and share your thoughts.

You mentioned the old Globe discussion board; did you go by another name there?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi NY
Maybe I shouldn't say. LOL I was OneOnOne. 1/1 I have been reading you guys a while when I got tired of reading the Laker posters that had one agenda. Looking forward to some positive posting.

Tardust
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 am

tardust wrote:Hi NY
Maybe I shouldn't say. LOL I was OneOnOne. 1/1 I have been reading you guys a while when I got tired of reading the Laker posters that had one agenda. Looking forward to some positive posting.

Tardust

tardust,

1/1; I remember you from BDC and thought you were an outstanding contributor.

I think you'll find this more of a close-knit group with some strong and thoughtful debates.

Glad to have you aboard.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri May 04, 2012 8:50 am

Thx NY. I have been reading here off/on for a long time. See a lot of good stuff from different people. Ready for the big game tonight. Very Happy
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 04, 2012 9:29 am

one on one I remember you, you used to post alot on the old board, welcome here, don't even check the old board, is dudder or john laimbeer still around? those guys were good punching bags

why the name tardust, does it mean anything?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Tardust,

Glad you made it onto the board. Sorry to have been so tardy in answering your private message while I was on my trip.

Enjoy posting here. As I said in my response to you, I truly believe that, by focusing on basketball rather than quarreling, we are all getting into much greater depth and learning far more about this great sport than the more contentious boards are doing.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:one on one I remember you, you used to post alot on the old board, welcome here, don't even check the old board, is dudder or john laimbeer still around? those guys were good punching bags

why the name tardust, does it mean anything?

Dudder pops in occasionally when he can take a pot shot at Rondo or talk about lottery picks.

tardust = my children Tarin\Dustin - use to have that name on Pokerstars.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

sam wrote:Tardust,

Glad you made it onto the board. Sorry to have been so tardy in answering your private message while I was on my trip.

Enjoy posting here. As I said in my response to you, I truly believe that, by focusing on basketball rather than quarreling, we are all getting into much greater depth and learning far more about this great sport than the more contentious boards are doing.

Sam

Sam, I still remember something you said a while back on the other board that had something to do with me wanting to post here. I notice occasionally people talk about other than basketball. I remember on the old board when my mother passed away I had mentioned it in a post and I dont' remember who it was but they ridiculed me about putting that on the Celtic site. I remember you standing up for me. That gave me ultimate respect for you as a person, as I was having a hard time and I appreciated your words.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri May 04, 2012 6:47 pm

tardust-I speak with from experience, this is one great board to be involved with. The guys here are so caring and understanding. I was sick for three months this year and my husband heard from Sam and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from everyone. You have no idea how that made me feel. I have been on this board since it's beginning, and I love all the guys here. I am probably the only woman here, and am treated just like 'ONE OF THE GUYS"!
So you will feel right at home here, respect is a big word on this board,
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm

I voted for KG.

He stepped up in the second half. When we were losing all our key players to injury, KG kept this team together. I thought his mental toughness let this team come together. Without him playing like he did, leading like he did, this team wouldn't have beat out the Sixers and we would be at the point where blowing up the team and rebuilding would be the best option. Holding this team together, we are now competing at the level of any of the elite teams.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I totally agree, I voted for KG too
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down