mrkleen09
cowens/oldschool
sinus007
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 5

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Oh well, and I thought there was more to it. I guess you proved me wrong.
So......if he is not going to play, why not dress Sean Williams?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed May 09, 2012 7:41 pm

NYCelt,

Actually, reviewing possessions like that can be very enlightening. I remember doing it at least four times with possessions involving Scal in my running discourse about Brian with certain BDC posters. The missing ingredient in this analysis of Steamer seems to be the fact that four minutes weren't enough to form a pattern in Steamer's play.

I do know that Doc spent a full minute, partly during a timeout and partly while play was going on, lecturing Steamer on something (or maybe more than one thing). I have no idea what it was—perhaps the defensive play that the writer highlights.

Personally, I had the feeling that Hollins displayed far more energy than Steamer, despite the fact that Steamer was positioning himself well. Moreover, Steamer's main offensive strength involves shooting midrange jumpers, and I don't believe Altanta was going to allow him to go that route. Hollins is more erratic, but he's also more assertive in ways that produce points. And, as of late, offense rather than defense has been the main problem.

Think about the fact that Doc couldn't afford not to play Pierce or Ray. But they were both hampered by injuries, leaving KG as the only proactive offensive force other than Rondo. If Rondo concentrates on shooting, that leaves them with two shooters and only half a playmaker. If someone like Hollins can contribute even a little bit to the offense (I thought those three offensive boards were key, and the alley oops got them a couple of easy baskets), it allows Rondo to focus more on getting the ball to all four other players in positions to succeed. I think they're a better team when he does that rather than racking up a high number of points personally.

I agree with those who are saying that Pietrus isn't looking like himself. And, before Game 5, I was feeling the same way about Bass. I won't be shocked if we see more of Quis and/or Sasha (depending on whether offense or defense is the bigger need) in Game 6.

Go Celtics in Game 6.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 09, 2012 9:04 pm

112288 wrote:He has two bad feet, I know I have what Steamer has.

Stiemsma: "I'll be all right"

April 20, 2012

Celtics coaches notices Greg Stiemsma is struggling with his feet, and pull him from the game in Atlanta...

"Greg's foot was bothering him, so we pulled him," Rivers said...

And there it is.

Like I said; the guy who wrote the article could have better spent the time cleaning out the garage.

I once had it too. Plantar fasciitis. Painful.

Did they have you stand on tennis balls to cure it?

This is more Worcesters department, but the doctor had me put a tennis ball under the arch of one foot at a time and stand on it to stretch the plantar tissue back out. I had gotten it as a result of some poor fitting basketball shoes and not stretching enough before games. Apparently not uncommon for those of us who continue to play, but not stretch properly, as we get older. I've heard a couple of yoga instructors say they get students to the point of trading the tennis ball for a golf ball. Ouch.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 am

NY,

No but I will try the tennis balls! Thanks!

I am putting off a shot so I am trying Celbrex and it does help. I run 3-4X a week, 5 miles a run so I put a lot of stress on my feet at my age - late 50's. It can be debilitating. Some days there is nothing.....some days I have to hop on one leg before I get going in the morning.

The injury just locks you up, you cannot move forward, backward or laterally as the pain can get intense. Also you cannot jump.

That is why Steamer looks at times as he is playing flat footed with no spring in his legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 am

TONIGHT GAME AT 8:00 PM - TNT/CSNE

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 am

112288 wrote:He has two bad feet, I know I have what Steamer has.

Stiemsma: "I'll be all right"

April 20, 2012

Celtics coaches notices Greg Stiemsma is struggling with his feet, and pull him from the game in Atlanta

While I will agree that Stiemsma has had (and may still be having) foot issues, the article you brought was from after a regular season game with the Hawks. Recently, the story from Greg is that his feet have felt better then during that stretch in mid April, as Rosalie has pointed out earlier on this or another thread.

1. It could be that the injuries to his feet and his potential lack of mobility helped with Doc's decision.

2. It could be that Doc saw him miss a rotation or two. Playoff jitters?

3. It could be that Doc wanted to go with a player with more playoff experience.

4. It could be that Doc just wanted to get an energy guy out on the court.

5. It could be all of the above.

I still haven't seen anything recently out of the Celtic camp that gives a definite answer.

Stiemsma numbers vs. Hollins numbers (not verified, just "lifted" from another site in a similar thread):

13.75 RB/36 vs. 8.57
3.27 BLK/36 vs. 1.75
1.96 S/36 vs. 0.00
.500 FG% vs. .222
1.31 TO/36 vs. 1.75
3.93 PF/36 vs. 8.74

Now that I have seen his numbers, I am left with the conclusion (opinion) that it is #5, all of the above, with a extra heavy dose of #1, foot injuries. I can see why perhaps the Celtics kept quiet about Stiemsma's actual condition. Doc may have allowed the Hawks to plan their game around The Steamboat being KG's primary backup, but planned to throw a twist at them later in the game. Kind of a "Now for something completely different" game plan.

All I know is they ain't tellin' and I am of the belief that they don't hafta tell. Oh, yeah, that is not really all I know. I also know that the game was winnable. We needed it.

Regards,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 am

GYSO,

Yes the article is from another game, that is why I left the date in so as to give viewers a timeline and reference. We are only 2.5 weeks removed from the article which is nothing. I can tell you that the bone spur does not go away. I have that as well and it causes constant irritation. He'll need an operation in the summer.

The plantar fasciitis could be relieved through a shot of cordizone but it can come back...no guarantee. He needs about 2 months of no activity to heal.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Plantar Fasciitis sounds like it is a major pain. Rondo had it a couple years ago, I think. He missed some time.

The article said Stiemsma has PF on his left foot and a bone bruise in the other. Not a bone spur but a bone bruise, which is still something that could be debilitating now, but has a different prognosis going into the off season.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Gyso,

Right on spur. Yes Rondo had it. Yes it is very painful. It could be worst then what we know. Celtics are like the NE Pats, they keep thing vague about injuries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2