Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts

4 posters

Go down

Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts Empty Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts

Post by gyso Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 am

It is the playoffs, where anything is possible. (Now where did I hear that before?). Even the mighty Heat can lose.

James had a chance to give Miami the lead with 1:22 left, but his shot was blocked from behind by George, who was fouled two seconds later. He missed both free throws, keeping the Indiana lead at 76-75. And after Wade missed a jumper, James was fouled by Granger - his sixth - battling for the rebound with 54.3 seconds remaining.

James couldn't connect on either, and the Heat didn't score again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacers-win-78-75-chances-015644184--nba.html;_ylt=AkIbThliE2YZvqqWS4CcuTS8vLYF

Remember the playoffs in 2008? The Celtics had a magic regular season, only losing 16 games. Going into the playoffs, the Celtics were relatively healthy, yet they struggled for consistency, game to game. In the first round, the 8th seed took us to a seventh game. In the final tally, the Celtics lost 10 games in the playoffs that year. The Celtics also won 16 games, which is really the most important number to consider.

This year, they are banged up and many of the Celtic players are limping off the court at the end of games. Avery Bradley's shoulder pops out with the slightest breeze. I cannot believe how much we depend on him. Yeah, it isn't going to be easy. I think there will be more games when the Celtics hit their jumpshots and with the defence we get every game, those games will go in the W column. Hopefully, there are enough W's to add up to 16 and after it is over, who cares or even mentions the losses? (yeah, I just did, but that was only to make a point - LOL)

So we lost home court. Does that really matter? Going into this year's playoffs, did anyone think we would have home court in the second round? Many said we didn't need it. How has that changed now that we are a higher seed than our opponent? I like how Tommy gets upset during the pregame when a question comes up about the next round or even what is going to happen during the off-season.

We are in the playoffs, baby!!! One game at a time!!!

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts Empty Re: Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts

Post by sinus007 Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 am

Hi,
It's kind of interesting.
When hated LAL were blown out of the water by OKC - not a pip. When universally "beloved" Heat couldn't squeeze a bucket and lost - 2 threads right away.
Interesting phenomena: one team is hated but respected, the other is... hmm... despised? If so, can we call the leader of the latter king of despise.
Regardless, I'm glad that those 2 teams lost.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts Empty Re: Heat lose, James and Wade fail in the closing minutes, and other random thoughts

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 am

Dwayne Wade is a cheapshot artist, if that was Artest or Perk pushing somebody like that sending him flying, they would be suspended.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 am

You don't have to tell Rondo that Wade has a PH D in Cheap Shots!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down