STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN'

5 posters

Go down

STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN' Empty STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN'

Post by 112288 Fri May 25, 2012 10:26 am

WEEI
By: Paul Flannery

PHILADELPHIA -- In the aftermath of the Celtics' 82-75 loss to the 76ers in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, backup center Greg Stiemsma had an ice bag propped under his aching left foot. One game after scoring 10 points, Stiemsma managed only one shot in four minutes. His foot injury acted up in the second half of Game 5 and didn't get better between games.

"This is as bad as it's been," said Stiemsma. "I'll stay off it for the next few days. I'll be ready for Saturday."

Back to top Go down

STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN' Empty Re: STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN'

Post by tardust Sat May 26, 2012 9:08 am

Uggh. It wasn't that long ago that he said it was the best it had been in a long time. Looks like he needs rest or surgery. Hopefully we have him back next year healthy with some experience behind him.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN' Empty Re: STIEMSMA: INJURED FOOT 'AS BAD AS IT'S BEEN'

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 26, 2012 10:57 am

The game takes it toll on everyone, young or old doesn't matter, the ones that last or play on after recovery and last, more power to them.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat May 26, 2012 1:02 pm

I understand the taking its toll part very well. I played all sports 110% even in church leagues. After 1 knee surgery, probably fixing to get another one, one back surgery fixing to get another. I think it kind of took its toll on me. Throw in gall bladder surgery last year and open heart 6 years ago at age 49 and I am fit as a fiddle. I sure understand these guys talking about hurting after their playing days. I can't imagine what they might go thru. I feel like a 80 year old man in the mornings.. Ughhh. (no offense to anyone 80)
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I think the best thing we can do to help Steamer and everyone else who is hurting is to win the next 9 games in a row and not extend it out any further than absolutely needed.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm

good thoughts Bob, I am right there with you
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down