Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota

5 posters

Go down

Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota Empty Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota

Post by gyso Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 pm

I hope this report is wrong. From Red's Army:

It’s not the biggest deal in the world, though I liked his shot blocking ability and I always thought he was an underrated shooter… but Greg Stiemsma’s agent says he wants to play in Minnesota

The kid is from a small town in Wisconsin, which oh just happens to be on the border of Minnesota (I had to look that up). So if the kid wants to go almost home to play ball… so be it.

The Celtics may have had interest in matching offers for Stiemsma, but he might have played himself out of the C’s range to do so. They extended the qualifying offer of just over $1 million to him… but…unlike most restricted free agents, the Celtics have no form of “Bird Rights” on Stiemsma. And now that Jeff Green is in the mix, the Celtics only have the bi-annual exception left as a tool to match. Larry Coon has it all explained here.

So basically, because of the rules, if Minnesota (or anyone else) offers more than $1.957 million dollars, the Celtics cannot match Stiemsma and he’s gone.

Again… not the worst thing in the world, but I liked him and I thought he could grow well alongside Kevin Garnett and others.

http://redsarmy.com/2012/07/07/stiemsma-wants-to-play-for-minnesota/

Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota Zgoda1_normalJerry Zgoda @JerryZgoda

Stiemsma agent re: on-hold discussions with Wolves: "He wants to play for Minnesota. Greg has a lot of patience."

Back to top Go down

Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota Empty Re: Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:23 am

Dont blame Stiemsma the least for chasing a little bit of a payday..

The guy is not exactly "settled for life" and a rather old sophomore. It is a little bit different getting 3m instead of 2m and having no real savings compared to someone who wants to get paid after 10 years of 20m a year contracts.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota Empty Re: Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 am

Good for him.

I think with a full summer league and training camp, Melo and Williams will both be better players than Greg....but he was a nice kid, played hard and was a pleasant surprise last year.

Good luck to him
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:10 am

Stiemsma wants to play for Minnesota Greg_s10

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 am

I think Melo is gonna surprise alot of people and be better than we thought, hes a former soccer player, he will show he can move.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Steamer reportedly has been offered $3M from Minny and is expected to take it.

As much as I'd like to see him here, I cannot blame him a bit. This is his shot to put a few bucks in the bank, get some solid, rotation minutes and build himself a reputation among the GMs and coaches of the league.

Good luck Greg, just not against us.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down