sinus007
steve3344
bobc33
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 Empty POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7

Post by 112288 Sat May 26, 2012 10:56 pm

WE ARE NOT ON BROAD STREET..............WE ARE ON CAUSEWAY STREET............................AND.........................................

NEVER IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIN OR GO HOME ....WELLL........ WE WON AT HOME ...............NOW
PHILLY YOU CAN GO HOME!!!!!!!!!

Rando catch's lightening in a bottle and hits the most dramatic 2 jump shots in his career. I hope this spells a come back by Ray Allen. What clutch shooting....never giving up!!!!!!!

I have no voice, I have no more energy........................The Rosary Beads worked! HEY EVEN THE RED SOX WON IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 9TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT GAME MONDAY AT MIAMI - 8:30 PM - ESPN

POST GAME

WEEI 850AM

FAST BREAK: C’S SEND SCRAPPY 76ERS HOME, ADVANCE TO EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

By Ryan Hadfield
It wasn’t easy — nothing in this series was — but the Celtics advanced to face the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals on Monday night, after dispatching of the scrappy 76ers, 85-75. Rajon Rondo scored eight straight points after Paul Pierce fouled out with just under four minutes left extending a 3-point lead back to 10. Rondo finished the night with a triple-double with 18 points, 10 assists, and grabbed 10 rebounds. Andre Iguodala led the 76ers with 18 points.

WHAT WENT RIGHT

The Last Stand: Pierce struggled in the first half — shooting just 2-of-6 — but he remained engaged, and found his rhythm in the third quarter. The Celtics were able to maintain a healthy lead largely because of Pierce’s six third quarter points.

Kevin Garnett came on late, hitting a jumper at the buzzer to end the third quarter, and scoring four of Boston’s first seven points to open fourth quarter, extending a three-point lead to seven, and obtain some much needed breathing room. Through three quarters Ray Allen was ineffective (again) because of his ankle, shooting a woeful 1-of-9 from the field, but came up big with two gigantic 3-pointers in the final frame.

Pierce fouled out with just under four minutes to play, and the Sixers crawled back within three to scare the Garden faithful one last time. It was Rondo‘s turn, though, as he knocked down back-to-back jumpers and then a 3-pointer to extend the lead back to 10, ending the threat.

Role playing: Prior to tip-off, Doc Rivers said ancillary players typically step up in critical moments of Game 7′s — think P.J. Brown against the Cavs in the 2007-08 playoffs. After the C’s absorbed Philly’s run at the tail end of the first quarter, Mickael Pietrus and Keyon Dooling provided a jolt of energy and enlivened the stunned Garden crowd.

Pietrus had an impressive dunk in the lane and put back on a missed 3-pointer to give the Celtics a spark. Dooling provided great defense and had a nifty old-fashioned 3-point play on a fast break to seize momentum for Boston.

Winning Ugly: In 20 years, no one will be telling their grand-kids about Game 7. The 76ers and Celtics combined to shoot 26-of-79 in the first half (33 percent), including 1-of-15 from 3-point territory, but all things considered, the C’s were just good enough.

Seven of the Sixers 20 first quarter points came from the free throw line, which made up for Philly shooting a mere 28.6% and led to a tie game. In the second quarter, both teams continued to struggle, but the C’s had four steals leading to easy baskets (the C’s had 13 fast break points in the first half). Meanwhile, 76ers were less aggressive in getting to the foul line.

WHAT WENT WRONG

Holiday Season: Rajon Rondo will welcome the challenge of guarding Mario Chalmers of the Heat. Chalmers is a spot-up shooter, whereas Jrue Holiday and Jeff Teague — who gave Rondo fits in the first two rounds of the playoffs — are more keen to attacking the basket. Holiday’s impressive night series continued in Game 7, scoring 15 points to go along with nine assists .

15 Rounds: The C’s could have gained control in this series in Game 4 when they relinquished an 18-point lead in their second half collapse. Instead, these two teams have traded body blows with one another these last three games. Game 7, of course, was no different. The Celtics fed off the crowd and grabbed a 10-2 lead early, yet the score was tied at 20 going into the second quarter. The C’s squandered multiple opportunities to finally put the 76ers away early in the second half while their lead teetered between eight and ten points in the third quarter. The dog fight continued well into the fourth quarter, however, and the Celtics expended a great deal of energy closing out the series.

In a way, Game 7 was a microcosm of the entire series — a struggle in every sense of the word. Now, the well-rested Heat wait in the wings for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Monday night.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ESPNBOSTON

Rapid Reaction: C's 85, 76ers 75 (Game 7)

By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- Rapid reaction after the Boston Celtics defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 85-75 in Game 7 of an Eastern Conference semifinal series on Saturday night at TD Garden. (Boston wins the series, 4-3).

HOW THE GAME WAS WON
Rajon Rondo put the Celtics on his shoulders over the final four minutes, capping a triple-double that saw him put up 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists over 43 minutes. Kevin Garnett added 18 points and 13 rebounds over 38:25, while Brandon Bass quietly kicked in 16 points. The 76ers shot a mere 35 percent (28 of 80) from the floor and Andre Iguodala paced the visitors with 18 points.

TURNING POINT
The 76ers were within a point after a Thad Young tip-in to open the fourth quarter, but Boston's veterans wouldn't let them surge ahead. Garnett sandwiched a pair of jumperes around a Ray Allen 3-pointer. Allen -- a woeful 1-for-9 to start the game and having missed his first five 3-point attempts -- willed in a triple from just to the right of the top of the arc. It was Boston's first 3-pointer of the game after going 0-for-14 over the first 38:09. Allen added a second trifecta with 5:51 to go for a 69-61 lead. Philly wouldn't go quietly, but then Rondo took over.

RONDO TAKES OVER AFTER PIERCE DEPARTS
Paul Pierce fouled out after an offensive foul with 4:16 to play and Boston clinging to a 71-68 lead. The Celtics clearly needed either Rondo or Garnett to step up. It was Rondo, who converted a driving layup, then a late-clock jumper (originally ruled a 3, but soon overturned) for an eight-point edge. As if angered by the ruling, Rondo drilled a 3-pointer from about two steps behind the arc on the right wing, then added a pair of free throws for an 80-70 edge with 1:45 to go.

BOLD PLAY OF THE GAME
Mickael Pietrus, famous for his Game 7 exploits here as a member of the Orlando Magic in 2009, turned back the clock a bit and showcased why they call him "Air France" when he split Lavoy Allen and Elton Brand to get into the paint, then skyed for a thunderous jam that had Boston out front 17-12... Later in the first half, with Garnett denying an inbounds pass to Elton Brand, which allowed Brandon Bass to deflect a pass and get in transition, where he used his spring-loaded legs to throw down a two-handed jam for the final points of the first half.

C'S LEAN ON THEIR DEFENSE IN FIRST HALF
The Celtics scored the game's first six points and led 12-4 early on, but couldn't create separation despite a revved up Garden. Foul trouble aided the 76ers in sticking around despite shooting a mere 28.6 percent (6 of 21) in the first quarter and the game was tied at 20 after 12 minutes. Boston's defense continued to make things tough on Philly in the second quarter (5 of 18, 27.8 percent) and a 7-1 burst to close out the half had Boston out front 41-33 at the break.

CELEBRITIES!
It wasn't quite as star-studded as Game 5 here, but Boston's pro athletes (past and present) were well represented. Sitting courtside included New England Patriots Kevin Faulk and Vince Wilfork, along with former Celtics Jeff Green and Walter McCarty. A split-screen of McCarty and Brian Scalabrine, who is working the playoffs with Comcast SportsNet, sent the Garden into a fourth-quarter frenzy. Paula Abdul also got some JumboTron time as part of the 250th consecutive sellout at TD Garden.

WHAT IT MEANS
As usual, the Celtics kept things interesting for much of the night. And just when it seemed that Pierce fouling out might be a potential back-breaker, Rondo took over and carried this team to the finish line. It was an ugly, ugly series, but Boston is headed to the conference finals where it'll give a resting Heat team its best punch. The crowd serenaded the Celtics with a "Beat the Heat" chant over the final minute, but it clearly won't be easy. The Celtics will worry about that starting tomorrow. For now, they can savor finding a way to grind through this series and outlast the young Philadelphia legs.

Back to top Go down

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 Empty Re: POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7

Post by bobc33 Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Wow, Doug Collins at the post game spoke as well and as highly about the Celtics as anyone I've ever heard not in Green.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 am

Well-written tribute to the Celtics:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--doc-rivers-refuses-to-use-end-of-era-talk-to-motivate-celtics-as-formidable-heat-await-.html;_ylt=Aj7NXa8W_zmR82aWo6IFLyO8vLYF

By the way, this win came on the 25th anniversary of Bird's steal and DJ's lay-in of Isiah's pass against the Pistons that turned that series around.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 am

Hi,
This game, IMO, was won not by defense or offense but by the collective will power of Celtics.
Also want to note their trust in each other. How many times RA missed but they gave him the ball over and over again and he got it, and got it in the most important junction of the game.
Speaking of RA. I had an impression that he put his reputation on the line regarding his defense. I was afraid that he'll be similar to game 6 but he rose to the occasion.

Now, no matter how the series against Mia pans out I'm very proud of the Celtics. This team is something...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 27, 2012 10:29 am

Doug Collins is a true class act, the NBA should have more leaders like him.

Now Stephen A Smith has chimed in on ESPN that the Celtics will be steamrollered by the Heat. Words from a real LeBron/Wade lover, are we supposed to be worried about what he says?

This will be a tough series, but the cream will rise to the top and the Celtics will play some great basketball in this series as a TEAM. Only time will tell if all these injuries will finally catch up with them
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sun May 27, 2012 10:32 am

Yea I heard Smith talking. I dislike him nearly as much as Kobe. Kept saying "no disrespect but" I wanted to slap him.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun May 27, 2012 10:44 am

We all know what the A in Seven A Smith stands for.

ESPN $hitcanned him once.

Why they ever brought him back is beyond me.

As for the game. I'm breathing normal again.

Miami may win, they will be favored. But we are going to give them all we have. And I pray that somehow Joey Crawford is watching this series like me!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun May 27, 2012 11:30 am

ESPN brought Stephen A. back to spar with his "buddy" Skip Bayliss on First Take after Mike & Mike weekdays. Almost all the media likes to kiss Wade & James' butt. I do agree Collins is a class act. He & Doc share mutual respect. If the C's had Bradley to hound Wade I'd feel more at ease about the coming series with the Heat, but that won't happen. I'm really proud of the Celtic effort to get this far and Rondo & Ray stepping up after Pierce fouled out. Rondo put it on himself in the press conference saying he cost Paul 2 fouls by not retreating faster on defense. KG was a monster in the Philly series. The Sixers are coming and will shortly be a real force to all the Eastern conference. The C's will give Miami a Sunday punch every day of the week. I just hope the zebras, Stern's henchmen, give the C's an even break. Doc can outcoach Spoelstra. Meanwhile, another proud chapter of Celtic history is in the books. It felt good to hear the "Beat the Heat" chants for the right reason.

MD!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Sun May 27, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Halla-freaking-lujah!

I spent 2+ hours in a local pub, standing 5' away from a TV that's bigger than me (I kid you not) and yet taking it all in like a fly with compound eyes. I sat during their free throws and that's it. I didn't even sit during halftime. I paced up and down the street just to work off all my tension. Sometimes people would walk up to me and stand next to me, to watch, for a while. I liked that. I liked that I generated energy in people who, in some cases, clearly needed to sit down. I was trying to transmit that through the TV to the parquet, but electrons being what they are I probably didn't.

Philly fans have a right to feel proud of their team. They're young, they're going to get better, and they played with heart and pride. Should the Sixers feel proud of their fans? Well, you've all seen the picture that is now tardust's avatar.

1. I've been down on Rondo a bit over the past month or so because he has been so inconsistent. Well, the last 4 minutes or so of this game shows why he is the future of this franchise. The first 44 minutes, ok, we won't talk about them much (especially his 7 turnovers), this is a happy day for Celtic fans. In the first 2/3 of the 4th, Rondo had 2 turnovers, 0 points (0-1, missed layup) and 2 assists. In the last 1/3 of the 4th, after Pierce fouled out, he had 11 points on 3-3 shooting, 1 3ptr and, MOST IMPRESSIVELY from my perspective, 4-4 from the free throw line. We all know that's his most glaring weakness. Did anybody else notice when Rondo took those free throws he rose up on his toes, like Ray Allen does? He used to just shoot them flat-footed. Wow. Can you imagine if he actually has figured out a workable technique for him on how to shoot fts?

2. Pierce had a solid game. His final foul was a just a dumb, overly aggressive play by him but the two fouls before that were caused by bad passes by Rondo resulting in fastbreaks by Young and Iggy that Pierce broke up by fouling them. So, ironically, Rondo's heroic taking over the game and saving the victory was caused by his erratic play getting Pierce into deep foul trouble. The strategy by Doug Collins was obvious. "Double-team Pierce everytime he touches the ball and make him get rid of it. Force the rest of the team to beat us." Despite that, the Captain made us some big baskets. It was obvious, in their little pre-game routine, where Pierce gets down and makes believe he's playing dice and picking up the money, that he was very pumped for this game.

3. A Tale of Two Captains. Ours stepped up, theirs didn't. Our efforts were helped by a sub-par series by Iggy who shot 50% free throw shooting, 40% fg% for the series. Yes, he had a dynamite game 6, but that's why they play 7.

4. Another blue-collar effort by #30. Lighter on the boards than I want to see (only 2!), but "No-Pass Bass" had 4 assists including 2 on Rondo's 4 minute streak. He had tough defensive assignments too, covering Hawes or Brand or Lavoy Allen. He also shot 6-10 and hit all 4 of his fts for a very respectable 16 points. He was worrying me these playoffs, it seemed like he turned into a "shrinking violet" but the last few games of this series has brought the old Brandon Bass back.

5. KG with a solid "double-double", 18 points and 13 boards. What an anchor (and I mean that in a good way, as opposed to Chris Bosh, who is an anchor in bad way). He anchored a smothering defense in the 4th quarter. He was everywhere. Both his steals came in the 4th. Philly was playing catchup and KG did as much as anybody to thwart them. Nothing came easy for Philly when KG was around the ball.

6. Not a good game for Ray. His 3-11 shooting almost cost us. Even his layup, in the 1st quarter, came hard for him. Furthermore his defense was atrocious on Turner and Holliday. Playing up on Turner, like he's a great outside shooter? Not a good idea, he's a driver. Holliday got an easy spin-around 10-footer in the lane because Ray swiped at the ball coming up, and missed, instead of moving his feet one step to his left and being in position to contest the smaller player's shot. Can't let this go, though, without mentioning his two HUGE 3s in the 4th. His woeful shooting might have gotten us into trouble, but those baskets helped get us out of it. We need Ray to play well against Miami for us to have a chance. If his shooting is still off, DWade will fall off him and condense the defense.

No rest for the weary, they have to board a plane for South Beach today. We need to contain their fastbreaks. Contesting their rebounds would help do that. Getting in their face and preventing easy outlet passes would too. We absolutely, positively do NOT want to let them run. Who is going to guard Wade, now that Bradley is out? Ray and Dooling? Oy. Could this be 6'4" E'taun Moore's chance? I wouldn't bet on it, not at this stage. Sasha? Q? Pietrus will be on LeBum. I hate to say it, but we have a real serious matchup problem there. That's the bad news. The good news is that we advanced, so this is a good problem to have, a problem every Sixer and Sixer fan would love to have today. More good news is that between Pierce, Sasha, Q and Pietrus we are as capable, if not more so, of defending LeBum as any team in the league. Yet more good news is that their center corp consists of Ronnie Turiaf and Joel Anthony, neither of which has a chance of a snowflake in Hell of stopping KG.

This is going to be a war.

8 more Ws. That's all that's left. 8.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

I went to the Atlanta Jazz Festival and checked the score periodically.

I recorded the game and started watching around 11 pm. Since I was toasted I decided to watch it this morning.

This game reflects a collective will to win no matter what.

I wonder if at times we expect too much out of Rajon.. Like any high profile player he has below average games..just like every other star in this league.

Last night he again showed us why he is the best damn PG in the NBA.

Ray Allen had a gutsy performance on D and finally knocked down two meaningful three pointers. Pp played strong. Kg was tremendous at both ends. Bass showed up. Dolling, Pietrus and Hollins and the Steamer all contributed.

This is why I am a lifetime Celtics fan. Win or lose.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Bob, I won't be shocked if Rondo spends some time guarding Wade (along with Pietrus) while Ray and Dooling are guarding Chalmers. Rondo could also play some spot minutes on Lebron.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 27, 2012 3:47 pm

sam wrote:Bob, I won't be shocked if Rondo spends some time guarding Wade (along with Pietrus) while Ray and Dooling are guarding Chalmers. Rondo could also play some spot minutes on Lebron.

Sam

sam,

You might be right. Chalmers is a face-up shooter more than a driver, and he's not particularly quick or clever. Ray could handle him. Wade? No.

We need Rondo to be super aggressive this series. Point guard is their glaring weakness. As is center. And power forward. Oh what the hell, let's just say it, they're a 2 man team.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Bob, this season has been one that has presented a plethora of interesting basketball situations. In this series, we have a team with spread scoring against a team with more concentrated scoring potential. A team with three positions that may offer the opponent an advantage against a team with two such positions. But, ironically, those two positions (SG and SF) are positions at which the Celtics probably have more competent depth than at the other three.

I'm not usually one who conjectures about which opponent I'd prefer to face, as I feel that a championship contender should be able to take on anyone. However, these are unusual times in terms of attrition, and I'm glad the Celts are facing the twin terrors rather than the height and athleticism of the Pacers.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Sun May 27, 2012 7:32 pm

It sure looks as though Rondo has a special purpose this year against Wade and Miami. The last two times the Cs played them in the regular season, there was some serious domination by the little guys, Bradley and Rondo. That'll change now that Bradley's gone, but Rondo doesn't just want to beat this team, he wants to destroy them.

It'll be interesting to watch him do it. I've always maintained that point guards just don't have the tools to totally dominate a game, number one tool being height, with ability to grab the key rebound in the closing moments being the reason height's so important. That all changed in Game 7 against Philly.

I know Rondo can't do it every night and every game and it's okay with me from now on if he picks his spots. He's playing with quiet fury, like a man possessed. He's going to look Dwayne Wade in the eye. We'll see who blinks.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Rick,

I believe a really good point guard can control a game, but a lot of the ways in which he does so can be relatively subtle. In addition to any flashy headline stuff, he can control the pace of the game. He can control the ball distribution so as to optimize the contributions of teammates and putting them in positions to succeed. He can help minimize the number of opponents' possessions by taking care of the ball and, in the case of certain PGs like Cousy and Rondo, can excel in grabbing rebounds off the defensive boards. He can push the ball to get easy baskets and initiate the half court offense before the opponent's defense is set.

I'm sure there are other ways he can dominate the game if I put my mind to it. Suffice it to say that I hope Rondo gets way up for the coming series and stays there throughout the entire series because Rondo at his best is thoroughly in command.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon May 28, 2012 12:15 am

There's no reason for the Cs to not being able to beat the Heat. The Heat team is a limited concept. They're a duo of super elite scorers and that's it. It's a concept that can be beat and has been beat many times by the type of team defense that the Cs employ.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon May 28, 2012 8:03 am

beat wrote:We all know what the A in Seven A Smith stands for.

ESPN $hitcanned him once.

Why they ever brought him back is beyond me.

As for the game. I'm breathing normal again.

Miami may win, they will be favored. But we are going to give them all we have. And I pray that somehow Joey Crawford is watching this series like me!

beat

and marc davis
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 am

How about this stat:

Lebron James had 4 TOTAL fouls called on him in Six games against Indiana. How can someone as physical as him have 4 fouls called?
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 28, 2012 8:46 am

Easy, the NBA is dying to make a hero out of him. This is one of the reasons I want the Celtics to win so badly!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon May 28, 2012 9:05 am

If the NBA wants to make a hero out of James. The NBA should die without a funeral, just a self-cremation! Let Wade be cremated with him too!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 am

One other quick point about No Pass Bass, at the end of the game he played great 1/1 defense against Lou Williams. Don't know why it stuck out to me but it did. Williams did all the shake and bakes with about 5-6 dribbles and ended up shooting a very tough off balance jumper that he missed. I think the game was still in the balance at that time as well.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 am

How did Wade go unpunished for his flagrant foul in the Indiana series? This guy has decided he is going to be the tough guy on the Heat team. It is time someone showed him what a real tough guy is made of. He is just a cheap shot artist. I will not say he has no talent, because he does. They are laying in the weeds waiting for the Celtics, I am looking for a real tough, rough series. Good thing Bradley is out, he is the first one Wade would go after and that shoulder would have been his target.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 28, 2012 11:15 am

I hate Wade with a passion. He is a street thug at best!!!! He is the most dirty player in the game. He goes out with recklessness and hurts people, then blames it on being an accident....does Kobe come to mind in this years All Star game with a broken nose. I mean an All Star game where who cares, and Wade is trying to prove a point about what a foul is.I never felt this way before even against Lambier, but I hope and pray each day when I read the papers that he has suffered a career ending knee injury....that is how much I despise the guy!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 am

One last look back, and then firmly forward at Miami.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e19038970d-600wi

If you want the money, you have to earn the money. Pump'em up, Paul!

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e1fe78970d-600wi

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016766d5e775970b-600wi

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c0168ebd74cf8970c-600wi

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e22309970d-500wi

Who is that tugging on Superman's cape? Rondo goes to the hoop.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016766d5e94f970b-600wi

Bass over Young. Bass gets so much height on his jumpshot. Fatigue could become an issue. Just not for the next 8 Ws, ok?

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c0168ebd75c37970c-600wi

Pierce, attacking, and earning a trip to the line for his efforts. We need him to do this against Miami too.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c0168ebd766f3970c-600wi

Ray's layup. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c0168ebd767e0970c-600wi

Bass over Hawes. A nice start. Considering the way we cooled off soon afterwards, a nice start is, well, nice.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c0168ebd771e3970c-500wi

Run, run, Rondo.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e224fa970d-500wi

Pietrus' slam. Everytime he does this, it helps open him up for a 3. Excellent pick by Bass to free him up.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016766d61259970b-500wi

High energy steal, bucket +1 for Rondo. This was a bit of a momentum changer. Bass reacts quickly and gets in position for a possible offensive rebound by putting his body on Hawes and boxing him out of his own basket.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e22b70970d-500wi

Same play, different angle. Note KG closing in to clean up if Rondo missed. KG was everywhere in this game.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e22caa970d-500wi

Hawes was torn between following KG and defending the paint. By the time he made a decision Pierce was already past him and Hawes ran up his back. The advantage of having a center who is deadly from 18'.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c0168ebd77a16970c-500wi

Bass, with a surprisingly quick burst of speed from the dotted lines to above the 3pt line, is off to the races. He was WAY off of Allen and closed the gap faster than, quite frankly, I thought he was capable of.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e22d5d970d-500wi

Bass, again, with the pop-out. Holliday chose not to leave Ray in the corner. Even having a bad day, Ray still instills fear in defenders and that creates space.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016766d615f8970b-500wi

RAY! With one of his big 3s, to put us up by 8 in the 4th. Excellent double-staggered screens by Bass and KG to free Ray up. The spacing between them was just right, Williams had NO chance of getting through or around them. As a result, Brand had to run at Ray from way too far away to make a difference. Beautiful execution by 4 players.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016305e22edc970d-500wi

Rondo, with his dagger. I loved the "Michael Jordan pose" he struck afterwards, with his arm still up and wrist down. That's a shooter's pose.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016766d616a1970b-500wi

Bass, with the block and then "never give up" defense on Young. He did a lot of little things that made a difference. A lot.

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 6a01156f2c3287970c016766d617b7970b-500wi

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 am

the problem is....he is a talented offensive player but he has gotten away with these fouls repeatedly. Someday, someone will take him out, just for the sake of getting him off the court. I hope it isn't a Celtic, because you know they will be suspended for a good length of time, just because they are a Celtic.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next