sinus007
steve3344
bobc33
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 am

KG was everywhere the other night and Bass was awesome on both offense and defense. This makes them so dangerous, Miami should be worried about this team in this series. I hope they think they are going to cake walk through, that is when the Celtics will make them pay.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Mon May 28, 2012 1:02 pm

It's so sad we lost Bradley because he was giving Wade fits. When a shorter player blocks your shot, that's humiliating, especially if you fancy yourself a hotshot. Wade was used to outquicking most guys he faced, so with Rondo and Bradley, he was pushed out of his comfort zone and forced to think on his feet. I don't have any evidence that he's good at thinking on his feet. Just the opposite.

That may've been what prompted Wade to hurt Rondo, it may not have been a conscious decision, but there had to be the realization that he wasn't going to win with speed and quickness when there was someone faster and quicker like Rondo. Wade knows he's not going to outhink or outquick Rondo. Any time Wade even goes near Rondo in this series, Bass and Pietrus and even big brother Pierce need to make sure Wade knows Rondo has friends.

This series is eerily reminiscent of the 1962 Finals against the Lakers fifty years ago. They were also a two-man team. Interesting question: who would you rather have, Wade and Lebum, or West and Baylor. No comparison, if you ask me: West and Baylor were great defenders as well as great scorers.

The difference between the '62 Lakers and the '62 Celtics was Russell. L.A. had no one who could negate Russell, which is why in Game 7 Bill was able to score 30 points to go with his record 40 rebounds.

In 2012, Miami has no one who can match up with Rondo. Here's hoping history repeats itself.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Mon May 28, 2012 1:03 pm

It's so sad we lost Bradley because he was giving Wade fits. When a shorter player blocks your shot, that's humiliating, especially if you fancy yourself a hotshot. Wade was used to outquicking most guys he faced, so with Rondo and Bradley, he was pushed out of his comfort zone and forced to think on his feet. I don't have any evidence that he's good at thinking on his feet. Just the opposite.

That may've been what prompted Wade to hurt Rondo, it may not have been a conscious decision, but there had to be the realization that he wasn't going to win with speed and quickness when there was someone faster and quicker like Rondo. Wade knows he's not going to outhink or outquick Rondo. Any time Wade even goes near Rondo in this series, Bass and Pietrus and even big brother Pierce need to make sure Wade knows Rondo has friends.

This series is eerily reminiscent of the 1962 Finals against the Lakers fifty years ago. They were also a two-man team. Interesting question: who would you rather have, Wade and Lebum, or West and Baylor. No comparison, if you ask me: West and Baylor were great defenders as well as great scorers.

The difference between the '62 Lakers and the '62 Celtics was Russell. L.A. had no one who could negate Russell, which is why in Game 7 Bill was able to score 30 points to go with his record 40 rebounds.

In 2012, Miami has no one who can match up with Rondo. Here's hoping history repeats itself.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon May 28, 2012 1:30 pm

That James was only tagged with 4 fouls in 6 games speaks volumes about Stern's directives to shield him and make sure he's on the court for potential highlight time. It smacks of Vince McMahon and the WWE. In Stern's eyes James, Wade & the Heat are the "faces" and the Celts are the "heels". When in truth (Pierce is The Truth) the roles are just the opposite. C's being the good guys and Miami the villans. Make no mistake Wade & James are very gifted athletes but the added gifts the zebras give them make every game Christmas for them. Hopefully the Celtics can be the grinch that steals their Christmas 6 months early. It will take hard work and team work. As Hulk Hogan would say, " We need to train, say our prayers, and take our vitamins. (not to be confused with steroids.)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon May 28, 2012 2:35 pm

tardust wrote:How about this stat:

Lebron James had 4 TOTAL fouls called on him in Six games against Indiana. How can someone as physical as him have 4 fouls called?

tardust,

Good question. I watched the first half of the last Heat - Indy game. That's all I could stomach. I have a similar question.

How can a player drive toward the basket, pick up the ball at the foul line, take two steps, hop in the air, land on both feet, lay the ball in and still have it count?

I saw it in real time, it was so obvious. Then I rewound it and watched it in slo-mo. I guess the only traveling he does is on a plane!

gyso

POST GAME PHILLY GAME #7 - Page 2 Logo_f11
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2