Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract

4 posters

Go down

Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract Empty Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:30 am

Sporting News

Portland Trail Blazers guard Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract this summer and test the free-agent market. Crawford stated his intentions in an interview with Seattle television station KING (via Portland radio station KXL). "I'm a free agent, so I'm excited about what's there moving forward," Crawford said when asked about his future. Crawford, 32, signed with the Blazers as a free agent before this past season. He averaged 14.0 points in 60 games but played just 26.9 minutes per game, his lowest figure since 2003.

The Blazers are Crawford's fifth NBA team; he also has played for the Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors and Atlanta Hawks.

"There will be a lot of teams out there with a lot of interest. I'll sit back after July (free agency begins July 1) and see what happens."

Back to top Go down

Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract Empty Re: Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract

Post by gyso Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:39 pm

He must be unrestricted? His salary was $5 million last year. Is he a PG or a SG?

Back to top Go down

Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract Empty Re: Jamal Crawford indicated Thursday he plans to opt out of his contract

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Could be a combo guard but I would lean to SG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 pm

gyso wrote:He must be unrestricted? His salary was $5 million last year. Is he a PG or a SG?
He's an overrated SG.

His role is to provide instant offense off the bench, which he does by jacking up shots as soon as he steps on the floor. His scoring average looks appealing (14 points per game the last couple of seasons, 18-19 ppg for a few seasons before that) until you see that he's a lifetime 40.8% shooter and shot 38.4% last season. And "Jamal Crawford" and "defense" rarely appear in the same sentence. In Portland, they'd love to have the door whack him upside the head on his way out.

He's 32 and looking to capitalize on his reputation for one more contract. Good luck to the team that signs him.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Outside,

Thanks. Cross him off our list.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Outside,

So what's your point? LOL

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:40 pm

sam wrote:Outside,

So what's your point? LOL

Sam
I'm just cranky and opinionated today.

Hey, I could be wrong. Gregg Popovich turned Stephen Jackson into an actual asset (twice). If the C's did sign Crawford, I wouldn't bet against Doc making the most out of him. But regardless of Crawford's potential value in an ideal scenario, it doesn't make sense for Boston to use their cap space on aging vets.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down