Potential free-agent target for the Celtics - Kris Humphries

2 posters

Go down

Potential free-agent target for the Celtics - Kris Humphries Empty Potential free-agent target for the Celtics - Kris Humphries

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:14 pm

I believe the Celtics could do no wrong in signing Kris Humphies as a starting power forward if Brandon Bass prices himself out of the market. Humphies in my opinion is a starting PF and has better size and rebounding skills then Bass. He also has better stats then him. Bass is best a 6th man coming off the bench.

I love Humphies energy and his toughness down lower. He and Garnett could really create a lock down for other teams down low trying to score in the paint. I also love how Humphies also is not afraid of sending opponents to the floor and sending a message that "there is no free lunch" here!

If I was greedy, love to have both Humphies and Bass.

Kris Humphries
Center, 6-feet-9-inches
2011-2012 statistics: 13.8 points, 11 rebounds

Humphries has a bad reputation among sports fans for his reality show-driven personal life, but he's a very solid player on the court. Humphries could fill a need for the Celtics if Garnett decides not to return. Humphries is a capable scorer and is a better rebounder than anyone on the Celtics roster last season. He's an unrestricted free agent who should command a big contract on the open market.

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG

2010–11 New Jersey
GP 74
GS 44
MPG 27.9
FG% 52.7%
3P% 00
FT% 65..5%
RPG 10.4
APG 1.1
SPG .4
BPG 1.1
PPG 10.0

Year Team
2011–12 New Jersey

GP 62
GS 62
MPG 34.9
FG% 48.1%
3P% 00%
FT% 75.2%
RPG 11.0
APG 1.5
SPG .8
BPG 1.2
PPG13.8

Back to top Go down

Potential free-agent target for the Celtics - Kris Humphries Empty Re: Potential free-agent target for the Celtics - Kris Humphries

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:46 pm

I, personally, have no problem with Humphries and couldn't care less about his personal life. As far as I know he didn't abuse his then-wife they just didn't get along. He married a Kardashian and paid the price for it. Move on, I say.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/humphkr01.html

Bass is a better free throw shooter and a much more reliable mid-range shooter. Humphries' forte, as 112288 pointed out, is rebounding. He's 6'9" (vs 6'8" for Bass) 235# (vs 240# for Bass). His rebounding stats are better but that might be because his game kept him closer to the basket. Nobody will come out to guard Humphries if he's 17' out, I don't think.

Still, we need rebounders. Desperately.

He made $8M last year. $8M. Is he worth $8M? Luis Scola made $8.6M last year. Perk made a little over $7M. Bargnani made $9M. Odom, who had a horrible year (speaking of paying the price for marrying a Kardashian), made $8.9M. Gortat made $6.8M and Channing Frye made $5.6M.

Considering I'd rather have any one of those others, I'd say $8M is a bit stiff for Humphries unless he's the piece KG is looking for to come back. Somehow that strikes me as a bit farfetched.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down