Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee

3 posters

Go down

Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee Empty Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Dalembert + #14 for #12 + Jon Leuer, Jon Brockman and Shawn Livingston.

They are REALLY blowing things up in Houston.

I don't get this one, from Houston's perspective. From Milwaukee's angle, they now have Monta Ellis, Dalembert, Jennings, Dunleavy, Gooden, Ilyasova, Delfino. That's not a killer team, but it's much better than what they started last season off with.

Tomorrow, draft day, and the week following (free agents can be signed starting 7/1) is promising to be a combustible period. A lot of jockeying for positions here.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee Empty Re: Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 pm

bobheckler wrote:Dalembert + #14 for #12 + Jon Leuer, Jon Brockman and Shawn Livingston.

I don't get this one, from Houston's perspective. From Milwaukee's angle, they now have Monta Ellis, Dalembert, Jennings, Dunleavy, Gooden, Ilyasova, Delfino. That's not a killer team, but it's much better than what they started last season off with.

Tomorrow, draft day, and the week following (free agents can be signed starting 7/1) is promising to be a combustible period. A lot of jockeying for positions here.

bob

bob,

The 3 players Houston received decent players who are making $1.5m less than Dalembert.
They save money and move up two spots.
I think it is a little better deal for Milwaukee who now has their starting center whose contract is up after next season.

Now it seems like Houston has to trade for or sign a free agent center.
I can't see Houston planning on starting a rookie center next season.

Last edited by tjmakz on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot a word)
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee Empty Re: Houston trades Dalembert to Milwaukee

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 am

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Dalembert + #14 for #12 + Jon Leuer, Jon Brockman and Shawn Livingston.

bob

bob,

The 3 players Houston received decent players who are making $1.5m less than Dalembert.
They save money and move up two spots.
I think it is a little better deal for Milwaukee who now has their starting center whose contract is up after next season.

Now it seems like Houston has to trade for or sign a free agent center.
I can't see Houston planning on starting a rookie center next season.

TJ,

Yeah, it does make more sense to me from a Milwaukee point of view IF Dalembert re-signs with Milwaukee under the new CBA (which he must, of course, no matter where he signs).

The scuttlebutt is that Houston covets Pau Gasol. That'd be their center, although he's hell-and-gone better as a PF. He gets pushed around as a C, but is a mismatch against everybody, except perhaps KG, at PF. Nobody else has his combination of length, courtvision, mobility and outside shot.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Bob,

I agree that, in itself, it's a curious move for Houston, but my guess is that this is just one move toward a ultimate goal.

It's well known that they want Pau Gasol and were steamed when Stern killed the Chris Paul trade that would've given him to them. Maybe they're putting together some sort of package for a deal to get Gasol -- they have two proven point guards in Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic, and the Lakers were less than enamored with Ramon Sessions performance in the playoffs this year. Maybe they have some other deal in mind. Or maybe it's a simple as trading up in the draft to get a player they want.

Although Dalembert has been something of an enigma, from Milwaukee's perspective, they now have a serviceable center after trading away Andrew Bogut, and they at least won't get killed in the middle while their perimeter guys run amok, hopefully with positive results. They're still not deep, but hey, they're Milwaukee.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Outside wrote:Bob,

I agree that, in itself, it's a curious move for Houston, but my guess is that this is just one move toward a ultimate goal.

It's well known that they want Pau Gasol and were steamed when Stern killed the Chris Paul trade that would've given him to them. Maybe they're putting together some sort of package for a deal to get Gasol -- they have two proven point guards in Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic, and the Lakers were less than enamored with Ramon Sessions performance in the playoffs this year. Maybe they have some other deal in mind. Or maybe it's a simple as trading up in the draft to get a player they want.

Although Dalembert has been something of an enigma, from Milwaukee's perspective, they now have a serviceable center after trading away Andrew Bogut, and they at least won't get killed in the middle while their perimeter guys run amok, hopefully with positive results. They're still not deep, but hey, they're Milwaukee.

Outside

outside,

Monta Ellis? Run amok? NO!!

Yeah, they have 2 pgs and LAL needs 1. Personally, I think LAL becomes a WHOLE lot less intimidating without one of their twin towers, but they need a point guard. Sessions came to them mid-season, and yet they expected him to perform like he knew "the drill" cold in the playoffs.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down