k_j_88
cowens/oldschool
mulcogiseng
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Houston Trades Royce White to Philly Empty Houston Trades Royce White to Philly

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 pm

for future draft considerations. As vague as that.

Damn shame. This kid looked SO good on draft day (Sam's Pavlovian response was so strong he had to keep emptying his drool cup every 10 seconds, it was filling up so fast) and now he's a journeyman because he can't get himself on a plane.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Houston Trades Royce White to Philly Empty Re: Houston Trades Royce White to Philly

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:42 pm

uh, actually Bob, he isn't a journey man cuz he can't get on the plane. but what a shame, it seems he still can't get the help he needs to overcome this situation. mebbe Philly will be able to help him resolve this I hope so

mulcogi
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Houston Trades Royce White to Philly Empty Re: Houston Trades Royce White to Philly

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:56 pm

shame all that talent and hes on his way to being out of the league...

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:01 pm

If this was the 1800s he could travel by drawn carriage or horseback.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Get on a boat to europe and play for a team in Spain.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:11 pm

swede,

They have high-speed rail in Europe, too. He'd never need have to worry about crossing countries again.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Yes something like that.

In most countries he will be able to take bus/train to pretty much whereever. If he played for Madrid in Spain he would be in the middle of the country and Real Madrid is pretty good to say the least.

It is not the NBA but it is doing what I assume is his passion.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:17 am

Does it make him a throwback player because train is his transportation of choice? Actually, it's not a laughing matter, because phobias like his are a real curse. I assume he has tried every cure he could find (e.g. hypnosis).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:56 am

Sam,

Well, if he's able to find a way to travel that won't impede his career, maybe he'd be better of playing overseas since the US doesn't have that kind of infrastructure.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:47 am

KJ,

You're probably right. I don't know how they travel overseas.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:37 am

Kj

That was a bit cold...

His condition is unknown to us but it must be very tough on him

The Euros are quite the adventurers. They have fleets of planes

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Yes, Europe makes some sense, but the transport there is not THAT great. For example, say a game is set in Paris one day and Athens the next. It'll still take 24 hours MINIMUM by the fastest trains available.

How's this for a solution to his problems? If he plays for Philly, he can take trains or buses to Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Toronto, Washington, and maybe even Orlando for games there. Of course, half his games will be at home. Last year, other than the cities I've cited above, the Sixers played 21 away games. He may still be able to contribute to Philly even if he doesn't get over his phobia, continuity issues aside (sorry Sam).
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Well...

Having a family full of folks (especially my father ) with mental disabilities, I definetly can feel for him... That being said, some time ago I watched a show focusing on him and the issue he and Houston were dealing with..

My impression after watching the show was that Royce was more than a little self absorbed and expected Houston to bend over backwards for him while kissing his backside...

Look, no man will ever make a good hooter girl, no "little person" will ever get a max contract as an nba player playing the 5 spot.. No paralegyic will likely ever climb mt Everest.

While it will be great if he can find a way to overcome his problems and actually fulfill his dream.. I think he needs to come to terms with reality, which is nba teams are in the business of entertaining people through basketball. Not catering to each potential employees individual personal demands.

At this point, after seeing that special, I'm not impressed with Royce as a person one bit. Hopefully I'm wrong about him..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:15 pm

worcester wrote:Yes, Europe makes some sense, but the transport there is not THAT great. For example, say a game is set in Paris one day and Athens the next. It'll still  take 24 hours MINIMUM by the fastest trains available.

How's this for a solution to his problems? If he plays for Philly, he can take trains or buses to Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Toronto, Washington, and maybe even Orlando  for games there. Of course, half his games will be at home. Last year, other than the cities I've cited above, the Sixers played 21 away games.  He may still be able to contribute to Philly even if he doesn't get over his phobia, continuity issues aside (sorry Sam).

Except there are national leagues and if he played somewhere like spain/france he would be like 5h away from any city.

Then there are the cross-country tournaments and what not but for just league games it is national.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down