Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum

5 posters

Go down

Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum Empty Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Per the Boston Herald:

The Celtics have solved at least part of their frontcourt problem by turning to a familiar player.

A team source confirmed today that Chris Wilcox, who had surgery to correct an enlarged aorta last February, has agreed to what is believed to be a veteran’s minimum contract.

Wilcox, who was cleared for full contact and basketball activity just over a week ago, is expected to be ready for training camp in late September.

“I’m just trying to get healthy right now,” he said last week. “Right now I’m just trying to get my wind back.”

At the time of his diagnosis, which ended his season, Wilcox had developed a nice flow. Of all the Celtics big men, he had become the most adept at running the floor with Rajon Rondo, and was also one of their best rebounders and interior defenders. He was one of the best big men in the lineup at defending centers.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum Empty Re: Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum

Post by Berlin-T Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 pm

If he can stay healthy this is great news.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum Empty Re: Chris Wilcox back for Vet's Minimum

Post by dboss Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm

This is really good news for the Celtics. if Greg leaves sign Hollins or the recently released Haywood

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi,
Yes, it's very good news.
Now they need at least one more 5.
I wonder if a real possibility of a ring can entice GS to stay green.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:10 pm

If it is at the vets minimum, it is great news, if he can play like he did before he had the surgery,

As it said in another thread, "Wilcox would be a minimum deal of $1.35 million for a 10-year veteran (though the league picks up a large portion of that move, putting Boston on the hook for merely 63 percent of the total value (teams only pay the amount of a second-year veteran on one-year, veteran-minimum deals). "

Wilcox will get paid $1.35 mil but it will only cost $854,389 (per Larry Coon's Sal Cap FAQ) against the Celtic's salary cap. That is a little savings and everything counts to stay under the $74.3 mil hard cap.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down