Ironic, Isn't It?

5 posters

Go down

Ironic, Isn't It? Empty Ironic, Isn't It?

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 am

It seems ironic after Lebron James left the gateway to the midwest for South Beach that the Cavaliers look like the conduit that will facilitate Dwight Howard's migration from Florida to LA LA land. Dan Gilbert should be the last person aiding a large super power become even more prolific. After what the Lakers have been recently, any team that helps them is causing detriment to the NBA. The Lakers, save for the intervention in the Chris Paul situation seem to get what they want when they want it. If this trend continues, there will be four or five super powers in the NBA, and the rest of the leagues just cannon fodder for the big boys. Ironic too that the free agents that do come to Boston wish they had done so earliers in their careers and see it for the special place it is to play for the great fans that support the C's. Usually those are the free agents that have not much left in the tank. Youth is wasted on the young!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Ironic, Isn't It? Empty Re: Ironic, Isn't It?

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:23 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:It seems ironic after Lebron James left the gateway to the midwest for South Beach that the Cavaliers look like the conduit that will facilitate Dwight Howard's migration from Florida to LA LA land. Dan Gilbert should be the last person aiding a large super power become even more prolific. After what the Lakers have been recently, any team that helps them is causing detriment to the NBA. The Lakers, save for the intervention in the Chris Paul situation seem to get what they want when they want it. If this trend continues, there will be four or five super powers in the NBA, and the rest of the leagues just cannon fodder for the big boys. Ironic too that the free agents that do come to Boston wish they had done so earliers in their careers and see it for the special place it is to play for the great fans that support the C's. Usually those are the free agents that have not much left in the tank. Youth is wasted on the young!

I am still not convinced that Cleveland will come up with a better package of young players and draft picks over Houston.
Draft picks aren't as valuable as many make them out to be.
There are plenty of Hasheem Thabeets and Adam Morrison's each year in the lottery.
Gilbert knows that Howard will not re-sign in Cleveland and LA will not trade Bynum unless it is for Howard.
If Cleveland can have a team built around Bynum, Irving and Tristian Thompson, they will be a playoff team and will be able to draw free agents.
The league is already top heavy with the top 6 or 7 teams.
What type of a package would Orlando require from Cleveland and LA?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm

I do not really see what they benefit from getting Cleveland involved.

Orlando would be better off trading straight with Lakers, Bynum is better than Varejao and Clevelands draft picks would be worth a lot less after the trade.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:50 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:I do not really see what they benefit from getting Cleveland involved.

Orlando would be better off trading straight with Lakers, Bynum is better than Varejao and Clevelands draft picks would be worth a lot less after the trade.

1) Cleveland has the ability to take back a bad contract or two
2) Cleveland has draft picks Orlando would want
3) Cleveland has a few young players Orlando would want
4) Bynum most likely will sign an extension in Cleveland and might not in Orlando
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:03 pm

tjmakz wrote:
swedeinestonia wrote:I do not really see what they benefit from getting Cleveland involved.

1) Cleveland has the ability to take back a bad contract or two
2) Cleveland has draft picks Orlando would want
3) Cleveland has a few young players Orlando would want
4) Bynum most likely will sign an extension in Cleveland and might not in Orlando

Yes some of these are true but as stated bynum to cavs and howard to lakers, varejao + draft picks to magic.

With only that known I would rather trade straight with the lakers for bynum + maybe some draft picks, varejao + draft picks is worth less (in my opinion).

If they get to unload contracts too its a different story but then I am not so sure Cavs would be interested?
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Why would Bynum prefer to be in Cleveland vs. Orlando? Allergic to palm trees?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59 pm

This is really amusing.

Howard may agree to sign an extension with LA but Bynum wants to keep his options open and well he should. Next year him and Chris Paul will head the free agent class.

I doubt Bynum would want to go to Orlando because they suck or to Cleveland because Cleveland's owner is a loose cannon. At least the Clippers have put together a real ncie team that should entice Paul to stay.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down