NBA approves advertising on unis

+2
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

NBA approves advertising on unis Empty NBA approves advertising on unis

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 pm

The NBA Board of Governors approved the inclusion of advertisements on game uniforms for the 13-14 season.

Small advertising could generate $100 million in new revenue.

"The view is, that the teams would need a significant time; one, to sell the patch; and number two, for Adidas to manufacture the uniforms, because the patch that would be on the players' uniforms would also appear on the jerseys at retail," said Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver.

Professional soccer teams have long had advertisements on uniforms and the NBA is using their numbers as projections for revenues.

bob
MY NOTE: What's next? The FedEx Grizzlies? The Milwaukee Harley-Davidsons (actually, that'd be pretty cool)? The Houston Halliburtons? The Trump Knicks? The Coca-Cola Hawks? The Mickey Mouse Magic (isn't it amazing how fiction can so closely mirror reality?)? Seriously, though, there's a hard cap now on salaries, revenue sharing, subsidies from local governments for arena building and rents. Will this lower the prices for the average fan? We all know it won't. This is tacky. Absolutely tacky. Red wouldn't even allow cheerleaders to dilute the game, I hope Wyc can resist this temptation.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA approves advertising on unis Empty Re: NBA approves advertising on unis

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Stern is a fockin idiot thats just what I want to see ads for Coca Cola, Victorias Secret, GM, McDonalds, KFC, Trojan on uniforms great, catering to greedy corporate assholes......good move Donald

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:19 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Stern is a fockin idiot thats just what I want to see ads for Coca Cola, Victorias Secret, GM, McDonalds, KFC, Trojan on uniforms great, catering to greedy corporate assholes......good move Donald

Cow - I thought you liked Victoria's Secret??

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 pm

steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Stern is a fockin idiot thats just what I want to see ads for Coca Cola, Victorias Secret, GM, McDonalds, KFC, Trojan on uniforms great, catering to greedy corporate assholes......good move Donald

steve,

That was Matty.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 pm

steve3344 wrote:

I like them on women, but there better off off anyway once you get down to it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm

I'd like to see the advertiser match the team, like the "Bailey's Irish Cream Celtics" or the "Best in small earthmovers Bobcats" or the "Lockeed Martin Warriors" or even the "Solyndra Suns."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

For the EU soccer teams it mostly caused an inflation in player prices/wages I would say.

For the NBA I do not know what the effect will be since it has a salary cap and is also not under competition from other basketball leagues.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 pm

bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

steve,

That was Matty.

bob

. Actually I prefer Fredrick's of Hollywood.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Matty wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

steve,

That was Matty.

bob

. Actually I prefer Fredrick's of Hollywood.

Matty,

Actually, I was thinking that, but I decided to play along with the joke and stick with Victoria's Secret.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down