bobheckler
LACELTFAN
beat
8 posters

Go down

Byron Scott fired Empty Byron Scott fired

Post by beat Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Who's next!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AinMm8U4RPlJDgGXHDBravC8vLYF?slug=ys-bowerhornets111209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Byron Scott fired Empty Re: Byron Scott fired

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:31 pm

FIRE DOC!!!! HE LOST A GAME! Oh sorry, wrong board, beat.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:31 pm

If it was anybody else, I'd say Jerry Sloan.

I gotta believe it could be Nellie. I sure hope so.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:25 pm

I was never a fan of Byron, as a player, or a coach. I am surprised this did not happen before this season.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Another Laker bites the dust! Razz

Next... Jelly Belly Nellie! Loved you as a Celtic player. Never appreciated your coaching (Nellie ball... what , no defense???) style at all. bounce bounce bounce

Sorry, Nells! You've had one helluva run for, at best, a reserve player.

NEXT???

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Suns ran them out of the gym last night. They look terrible.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

I thought that Scott's days may be numbered after NO laid down and died in a 50 point loss in last year's playoffs. No one loses by 50 in the playoffs unless the players just don't give a flying f**k.

Scott clearly had lost the team. This also happened in NJ where the vets led a mutiny against him.

Funny thing is Scott was proclaimed a genuis and got COY just two seasons ago.

The NBA is truly a players' league and what authority the coach has is dependent on the sufference of the best players.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 am

carpecarpium wrote:The NBA is truly a players' league and what authority the coach has is dependent on the sufference of the best players.

And every coach including doc knows this is damn well true.

I noted the Cavs coach last night kissing up to LBJ, jabbing him playfully in the chest like an exuberant 4 year old kid shadowboxing once the game was out of reach and the celebrating began at the bench. Brown was LBJ's biggest, most adoring and most appreciative fan.

It was embarrassing.

gc
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 am

gacracker wrote:
carpecarpium wrote:The NBA is truly a players' league and what authority the coach has is dependent on the sufference of the best players.

And every coach including doc knows this is damn well true.

I noted the Cavs coach last night kissing up to LBJ, jabbing him playfully in the chest like an exuberant 4 year old kid shadowboxing once the game was out of reach and the celebrating began at the bench. Brown was LBJ's biggest, most adoring and most appreciative fan.

It was embarrassing.

gc

More embarrassment: Now we have DHoward telling SVG that he doesn't like the negativity that Van Gundy is spouting.

Center Dwight Howard recently told Van Gundy that the coach’s pessimism was affecting the team.

“I don’t think I’ll change the way I coach,’’ Van Gundy said. “I made a simple statement about trying to be more productive, more constructive with my comments, less negative. You’re not going to see me sitting down, I doubt I’ll smile very much. As I said, I’m not Little Miss Mary Sunshine. But I am working on being less negative. Which doesn’t mean I’m not going to get on them, just more constructive.

“Dwight didn’t come to me and say anything - I went to Dwight and said, ‘What’s going on? We’re not playing with any real energy or enthusiasm, what’s happening? I want to know, be honest with me.’ He started with some other things. He thought we were having problems handling the expectations, he thought all of the injuries and illnesses and things like that were getting guys frustrated and getting them down and he thought I was being too negative. I thought it was a very positive thing because I thought his communication was done in the right way, it was very honest and he wasn’t looking for excuses. We haven’t played great but we’re 9-3 and I could have found some positives in that if I had tried a little harder.’’

Van Gundy concluded his pregame press conference by saying, “feel like I’ve got to go out there with pompoms now.’’

When push comes to shove, SVG cannot stand up to Superman like a coach should and tell him to STFU... and will get shoved. DHoward certainly isn't going anywhere.

Can Doc be far behind? What sayeth KG, RA, PP or even Perk or Rondo?

Perk is already making public noises about lousy practices.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:27 am

I'll bet Byron Scott takes over for Jackson in LA when he's decided he's had enough!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down