Mario Chalmers is out of his G-D Mind

Go down

Mario Chalmers is out of his G-D Mind Empty Mario Chalmers is out of his G-D Mind

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

A humorous post from redsarmy.com, quoting Mario Chalmers in a recent interview with Bleacher Report. I say humorous because, if we take Chalmers seriously, he really does need help before he hurts himself trying to fit his head through a doorway or someone else from laughing so hard they crack a rib. Seriously. He needs Help.

Peter Emerick (B/R): “Rajon Rondo recently said that he’s the NBA’s top point guard. What are your thoughts on that, and where do you think you rank among all the point guards in the NBA?”

Mario Chalmers: “He’s not the best, but he’s in the top five. There are a lot of great point guards in the league, Deron Williams, Chris Pauland Steve Nash. There are a lot of great guards in the NBA so for him to say he’s the best is a pretty bold statement. I’d say that I [Mario Chalmers] am in the front end of the top 10.”

Peter Emerick: "By the end of your career will you be able to say that you are the best point guard in the NBA?"

Mario Chalmers: "If not the best, than at least one of the best."

ahem…

Excuse me

The “front end” of the top 10?

Let’s just start naming point guards and see where Mario Chalmers fits.

Rondo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
Brandon Jennings

… oh? Keep going?

Ricky Rubio
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Tyreke Evans
Ramon Sessions
Goran Dragic

…. still?

No, I’ll stop. I’ll just mention that John Hollinger, whose rankings are up for some debate, has Chalmers at 48th with a PER of 12.98 last year. He was 40th in the NBA in assists, with 3.5… out-assisted by guys like Boris Diaw and Joe Johnson.

Chalmers can hit a few threes for you. That’s nice. He’s not a turnstile. And that’s it. He’s a borderline starting PG, much less anyone whose name you’d drop in the conversation of guys you’d really want on your team.

Maybe he meant in the top 10 of back up point guards?

Now please enjoy a gallery of Mario Chalmers getting burned by Rajon Rondo.

Mario Chalmers is out of his G-D Mind Rondo-chalmers-3

Mario Chalmers is out of his G-D Mind Rondo-chalmers-4

Mario Chalmers is out of his G-D Mind Rondo-chalmers-5

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down