+5
fiorelladad
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
beat
LilRip
9 posters

Go down

Lakers demolish the Suns!! Empty Lakers demolish the Suns!!

Post by LilRip Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:33 am

lakers beat the suns 121-102 not too long after the Suns beat us. thank goodness there are no trolls here or we would've been flooded!

but see, this is a perfect example of how long the season is and the variables that can come into play at different points. for the Suns, this is their 4th game in 5 nights. they played and won on the road on a back-to-back against Was and Philly (2 teams who also love to run it) and won at home against the Hornets the night before going to LA. meanwhile, LA's had 3 days off and have had the luxury of staying at home. see how things play out? Lakers might have a tough time tomorrow playing on the road against Denver who have had 1 day's rest after a short 2-game road trip.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Lakers demolish the Suns!! Empty Re: Lakers demolish the Suns!!

Post by beat Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:27 am

Rip

In the little bit of the game I saw, Lakers DOMINATED in the paint. No interior defense by the suns period.

Plus Richardson was 0 for from three.

Lakers got on them early and never looked back.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:41 am

The Lakers had not played since Sunday, and Phoenix was playing its seventh game in seven cities in the past 10 days

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:48 am

steve3344 wrote:The Lakers had not played since Sunday, and Phoenix was playing its seventh game in seven cities in the past 10 days

exactly if Richardson goes 6-7 from 3 and Amare converts those floaters from Nash that he ussually makes Suns are right in this game

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:14 am

Good win from the yellow team but doesn't prove a thing against us. It will be determined in January and I hope to God we sweep them in the season series as in 2007-08.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:12 am

beat,

i dont think the Suns had enough in them to pull this one out from the beginning, honestly. Imagine if we were playing the Lakers instead of the Nets at the end of our 4 games in 5 nights trip. we might've been blown out too!!

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:23 am

Rip

The sun set pretty early lat night!
LOL

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 pm

I've got to agree with everyone above. What I find amusing is that the press starts anointing teams immediately, it seems to me. It becomes the team d' jour and it's about as good as the soup d' jour....Great today, we'll see about tomorrow.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:09 pm

The Suns aren't an elite team, but they are good. They have their weaknesses, and the Lakers exploited them.

When the Suns played the Celts, the Celts were tired at the end of tough stretch of games, they didn't have the energy to rotate aggressively on defense, and they let the Suns dictate the tempo.

As several people have pointed out, the Lakers were well-rested and the Suns were on the second game of a back-to-back, but I'd temper that assessment somewhat because the Lakers are banged up a bit, the Suns had an easy game Wednesday against New Orleans, and the Suns would focus on the LA game since they are division rivals.

As far as the Lakers, we'll see how they do against Denver tonight.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:31 am

and there you have it. LA gets blown out on a back-to-back against a rested Denver team who had all the hunger in the world. now, i'm not putting this all on fatigue because Denver did still play a heckuva game, but this is the ups-and-downs of the regular season.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 pm

LilRip

MOST of it was Denver. The Nuggs had a real mean streak last night.

Kobe looked older than Cain.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 pm

jeb65 wrote:LilRip

MOST of it was Denver. The Nuggs had a real mean streak last night.

Kobe looked older than Cain.

jeb,

One of the things I noticed about Kobe last night was that he is posting up a whole lot more this year, just as babyskyhook has said in other threads (not that I doubted him, I just got to see just how much last night). I see that as a concession to age.

Denver had something to prove last night, and they did.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Bobheck

Kobe has been posting up all year. I dont see it as age. He trained with Hakeem this summer and is using dreamshake moves. He has been physically dominating people this year. Richardson is a big strong dude and Kobe just humiliated him. Kobe is getting older but he is good as ever this year. Maybe better cause he is playing waaayy smarter.

I think Kobe is like a schoolyard bully. If you spit in his eye he buckles. That's what happened last night. The Nuggs just said nope. Sorry. We dominate you tonight. Arrofolo or whatever played Kobe very physical. Didn't bow down at all. The rest of the Nuggs are big and athletic enough that they have the chance to beat the Lakes this year if they play with that kind of desire and smarts. They have as much talent and length as LA.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down