tidbits from practice...

3 posters

Go down

tidbits from practice... Empty tidbits from practice...

Post by Matty Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:48 pm

In other news, the Globe’s Gary Washburn sheds some light on the veteran/rookie workouts in Waltham:

The pickup games in Waltham have been competitive. Joseph, Christmas, and rookies JamarSmith and Jared Sullingerhave been tutored by Rondo, Jeff Green, and Jason Terry.

“All the vets, they’ve really been taking us in because we’ve been putting in the work and they see that, that doesn’t go unnoticed,” Joseph said. “If you come to an organization like this, that’s all they want to see is guys work hard because we have a reputation to uphold.”

Joseph is a natural small forward but may be asked to play multiple positions. Asked to describe his position, he said, “Wing. I just call it a wing, you know what I mean? I’m sure I’ll be more looked at as a [small forward] but we all have the same assignments.”

-from reds army.com http://redsarmy.com/2012/09/23/your-morning-dump-where-keyon-dooling-slams-door-on-heat-rumors/

the only news one coudl hear that would be even more encouraging is that Rondo has hired reggie miller to coach him on his jumper and free throws.... LOL
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

tidbits from practice... Empty Re: tidbits from practice...

Post by Sam Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Matty,

If Rondo were to hire Reggie Miller, he should take take up kick boxing first. Reggie used to infuriate me by kicking out to make contact when he shot that jumper.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 am

sam wrote:Matty,

If Rondo were to hire Reggie Miller, he should take take up kick boxing first. Reggie used to infuriate me by kicking out to make contact when he shot that jumper.

Sam

sam,

Kobe and D-Fish do that a lot too. Going back to another era Vinny Johnson of Detroit did too and Cedric Maxwell would throw his elbows and knees out in every which direction (spent a helluva lot of time at the line thanks to that too). It's just another trick in a veteran's bag of tricks, like Pierce's headfake and then exaggerated lean-in to create contact. If I was infuriated by Miller doing this it was that none of our guys did it back to him. If the refs allow it, then do it. It's up to them to make such legerdemains (leger-des-jambes?) obsolete by swallowing their whistles.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 am

bobheckler wrote:[ by swallowing their whistles
bob

sometimes i swear, id rather see 'em choking on them.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Bob,

Great play on words. Very much appreciated in this quarter.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down