8 Down 72 Wins To Go!

5 posters

Go down

8 Down 72 Wins To Go! Empty 8 Down 72 Wins To Go!

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:16 pm

Pre Game
• Rondo leading league in steals
• Celtic’s #1 in League in Defense & #1 in beating teams by 14 Pts per game.
• Celtics 28th in league in getting to foul line.

Key will be stopping Hawks in the paint. Hawks #1 in league in scoring in paint.

First Period
Although Celtic’s ended the period shooting 62% from field, C’s down by two. At one point 1:55 to go Atlanta controlled the boards 11/3. Atlanta’s transition game better then C’s and getting good looks.
Problem for C’s allowing too many scores in paint many by second chances. Late in period, C’s had 0 blocked shots where they usually average 5 a game.
Bright Spots: Also nice to see the C’s attack the paint. 16 shots taken-11 inside the paint resulting in 16 points!

Second Period
Nice 3 pter from Rasheed. Williams with some great plays early although missed some easy baskets around the rim. Williams for the Celtic’s team is second in FF and 3rd in RB’s .
Celtics bench 5/14 vs Atlanta bench 3/11……Celtic’s 5/8 in the paint. Atlanta 0/11 from 3 pt land.

Third Period
Where did the C’s shot blocking go? Where is the defensive rebounding gone to? Where has the C’s loose ball hustle gone to?

For a team priding itself on defense, why did they not put the body on Atlanta’s players on the defensive boards? This was driving me crazy!

Pierce had a strong third period. Please remove House from the point guard position, cannot dribble and no play making vision…Come On Doc!

With 5:42 to go Atlanta was 14/2 on second chance shots! Are you kidding me!
C’s only had 4/5 in the paint.

Fourth Period
Again no defensive rebounding, 6:36 to go Atlanta held a 16/6 offensive rebounds and out rebounding the C’s 40/23 with 8:30 left in period! Celtic's finished 1/13 from 3 pt land!

THE REST & THE SCORE SPEAK FOR ITSELF

Kudo’s: Paul Pierce 24 pts

No Friday The 13th Excuses…..Two Losses In Our Own House Within A Week! The Celtics Looked Old. No In Your Face Defense……No Defensive Rebounding…No Defending The Paint! Rondo Will You Please Learn How To Hit A GD Foul Shot!!!! What Gives? The Players …The Coaching Staff?

HOUSTON…….I MEAN BOSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

8 Down 72 Wins To Go! Empty Re: 8 Down 72 Wins To Go!

Post by jeb Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 pm

We lost the game on the glass. Bad. They had the younger better athletes and we didn't find them and box them out. They pretty much played a perfect game. We played a mediocre game.

Eddie is in a bit of a funk but we need him. Got to let him play through it.

Hellz I'm with Cow I would have considered putting sheed-perk-kg in there. They just ate us on the glass.

We did lose twice at home but to two very very good teams.

I am concerned but not 2 much.

Hang tough troop.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 am

jeb

Glad someone agrees with me,they had too many athletic wings and points driving the lane so when our closest defensive big would leap and take on that penetration,it left one big in position to rebound.Sometimes were sequences where our big would be sprinting to the perimeter to cover a 3 further leaving us in bad rebounding position.Hawks are our Ken Norton,they always give us a bad matchup and blitzing Joe Johnson helped neutralize him,but also left us in further bad boarding position.......we just couldn't rebound,can't remember last time I saw us outhustled and outscrambled on the boards like that.Seemed to me like perfect time to put in KG,Sheed and Perk together.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 am

Cow

PP played really good defense. They made a ton of contested shots. The refs shelled us (although the aggressive team gets more calls) and we could never build on leads. Defensive schemes need attention. That being said rebounding is effort and position. Find your guy and box out. Many many of the shots they hit were very well defended but when they missed they got another shot. We didn't.

Rondo didn't do much.

I really thought you were onto something with your big lineup. Nothing else was working.

Clearly we have some work to do but Doc is a great coach and the guys are willing.

Hawks are going to win 50.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 am

jeb
Pierce did play great D,he was my choice to cover Johnson with BIG lineup and in 4th JJ couldn't buy a bucket off Pierce.Hawks tough they could win 56 or so,Crawford and Joe Smith with ZaZa is a very good bench,our bench can't kill theirs like in most matchups......Melo taking over game Kobe looking old,getting shutdown by Affalo and JR Smith!!!!Lakers getting hammered.

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 am

Lakers ran into a buzzsaw tonight as well. Getting crushed.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 am

The association is a tough tough place this year. I'd like to see doc give Lester some meaningful minutes at backup point. Let eddie play 2 and quis 3.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 am

Did you see Eddies brief attempt at point?we all know he can't play point,come on Doc get your shit together!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:53 am

The young quick squads like that I swear to god I'd try Lester.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 am

Not to pile on fellas but pp may have a sprained knee. So here we go.

According to espn anyway.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:39 am

Guy's it just seems to me that the C's are 1/2 step slower, 1/2 second behind, 1/2 foot short in jumping and 1/2 heart in the game. I put on the NBA Docu on KG and in it he said he plays every game like it would be his last and this rubbed off on the rest of the team......fire in the belly....but now?

Don't see the passion, don't see the hunger, don't see the drive, don't see the killer attitude, don't see the team of 2008! We are flat period!!!!!! Give these upstart teams an inch, come playoff time they will believe they can beat us and that's when it gets dangerous.

Remember I bleed green like all of us and I have had a great gut instinct in business that has made me successful in heading off major problems for my company and I know when we have a problem...We have a problem. Could be the coaching staff, could be the younger and new guys not feeling the Celtic passion, but we are way off sync on both ends of the court. If you were coach, what would you do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:27 am

ditto your thoughts

Need something, effort is just NOT there. Rebounding takes work and effort and this team is getting sadly outhustled. Nothing against the Hawks for they are a very good young team but they should not win going away in our house.

And has Rondo made a Foul Shot yet?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:25 am

We have problems,KG does not rebound like the player at Sota,he led the league in boards 4 years in a row,now if the ball comes off glass toward him he can still grab it,but he used to grab everything,glad his midrange shot still falls into the net.

House has never looked more inept playing point than this latest stretch,his defense also on these other points looks bad too,if hes not hitting the 3,whats he giving us?

can Rondo hit a free throw?its even an ugly miss,real ugly.

Hawks are 7-2 and young and finding their groove,now there might be 4 great teams in East as they are athletic and deep,can hit the 3 and board,Jamal Crawford as a combo guard can spread floor and create match up problems.They could win 56-60 games.

is our age showing?thought Sheed could ease that process,limiting KG's minutes,but hes 35 himself and never been a consistant rebounder.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:26 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Did you see Eddies brief attempt at point?we all know he can't play point,come on Doc get your shit together!!!

Cow, Eddie's not relaxed and having fun. He's doing his best to try to play into the run down the clock passing game plan. Eddie plays with his heart and enthusiam. Under these conditions, he's thinking too much and way too stiff!!

Come on Doc, you have to most talented team in the league. Let'em play the game and have fun while we still have a chance for 80 and 2!!!! I already ordered a set of Red on Roundball for Doc for this Christmas!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Deere fellas

86 celts record after two games....?

drum roll...8-2..
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:27 pm

jeb65 wrote:Deere fellas

86 celts record after two games....?

drum roll...8-2..

Jebster, one big difference. We all know the 86 team already won the championship!!! As Celtics fans this year we won't be happy until KG reminds us that; "ANYTHING'S POSSIBBLLLLLLLLLLLLE"

Last edited by David14 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 pm

D14

I feel you brutha. But the Lakes got just dismantled. Kobe looked tired and very very old. Lakes are 8-2. When I look at the Lakes post asswhupping I still see a very very good team. There are many good teams this year and we aint goin to win them all. So we were all premature in pronouncing this team #1 all time and we are all freaking out over something bad waaaaayyyy too soon.

Let's see what happens in Indy. I thought to myself last nite a few times that the Celts looked tired and old. I have seen that look at the gym as a team of cagey 35 year olds realizes their mortality against a group of 19 year olds.

More often than not i saw the older guys figure it out and win the game by being smart.

I think we are all pissed because we feel the Celts didn't bring adequate effort. I know I am.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Jeb, we are all Celtics fans. We're all the smartest coaches in the world after a loss, and the most complimentary fans after a win!!! The guys weren't up for the Hawks last night and probably are "coming down" from the "high" of the start of a new season with KG back, and with Quis, Shelden and Sheed on the team.

Barring injuries, the'll be there when it counts. However, in the meantime, we'll be or normal Celtics fan critics!!
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down