tired of the celltics being called "Old"

3 posters

Go down

tired of the celltics being called "Old" Empty tired of the celltics being called "Old"

Post by Matty Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:21 pm

with the two most recent cuts, our 15 man team is now in place- average age?

27.8 yrs old.

Younger than San Antonio, Younger than the Knickerbockers (like they could be the C' great grandparents) and younger than those talents down in south beach.

next time i see a writer call the C's old, im stealing his grandmothers walker and gonna use it to take out his kneecaps..

and just for the record, number of players each of those teams have who are 30 yrs of age or older:

Boston- 4 (KG/Terry/Wilcox/Peirce)
Heat 8- (Wade/Allen/anthoney/Battier/joel/haslem/lewis/miller)
Knickerbockers-7- (camby/chandler/kidd/prigioni/thomas/wallace/white)
San Antonio- 6- (bonner/diaw/duncan/ginobli/jackson/parker)
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

tired of the celltics being called "Old" Empty Re: tired of the celltics being called "Old"

Post by beat Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:23 pm

And our olds are still pretty good!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

tired of the celltics being called "Old" Empty Re: tired of the celltics being called "Old"

Post by Matty Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm

thats right, i dont think there is a gm out there that had to start a team from scratch and had to take a pick of any 4 man combination from 1 team that would NOT pick the Celtics.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Matty,

You forgot Collins who is 33 years old.
Barbosa will be 30 next month.

I don't think many people feel that Boston is an old team.
They are significantly younger this year then last year.
Darko is 7 years younger then JON.
Terry is getting up there, but is still younger then Ray.
Sullinger, who will be a regular rotation player is only 20.

If anything, people might compare the age of Boston's big 3 (Rondo, Pierce and KG) with Miami's big 3 (Wade, James, Bosh) and feel Miami is a younger team.

Ultimately, I don't think age will have much of a factor at all in the success of teams. If one teams average age is 27.8 and anothers is 28.1 or 28.3, that is not going to be the determining factor in winning games.

Look at how young Houston will be this year. They don't have any players over 30 years old, yet they will be a lousy team this year.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down