dboss
pete
international
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pisible 3 teams trade Empty Pisible 3 teams trade

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 am

A friend of mine put a rumor in my facebook a bout a trade between the Lakers-Sacramento and the Celtics,he said is this way....Lakers will receive..Marcus Thorthon,Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson and Aaron Brooks....Sacramento receive ..Avery Bradley,Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger and two future draft picks from the Celtics..The Celtics receive Demarcus Cousins and Francisco Garcia....If anybody know something about it let me know.

international

Back to top Go down

Pisible 3 teams trade Empty Re: Pisible 3 teams trade

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 am

I forgot to mention that Sacramento will receive Pau Gasol from the Lakers.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Lousy trade for us, lets hope its just a rumor.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:40 pm

You can piss that one away
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 pm

What a great trade—for the Lakers.

According too realgm Tradechecker (which does confirm that the trade would work financially), the net results from the trade would be:

• The Kings would lose 29.8 PPG, 12.8 RPG, and 6.5 RPG.

• The Celtics would lose 21.8 PPG, 9.1 PPG and 3.6 PPG AND 2 draft picks

For some reason, Tradechecker doesn't display the net effect on the Lakers. However, it's mathematically impossible that both the Kings and Celtics would lose so much unless the Lakers realized a whopping net gain in all three categories.

And, forgetting mathematics for a moment, making such a trade at this moment—just when the Celtics may be poised for a turnaround based very much on the inputs of Bradley and Sully—Danny's head would have to be swiveling more than an owl's to make such a deal.

One question. Would a lifetime supply of crutches go with Gasol to Sacto?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:11 pm

I am sorry ,i wrote pisible instead of posible.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Agree with Sam,that trade is not good to our Celtics.You dont trade good players with good work ethic and proved team players for a hotdog who is inmature and destroy the chemistry of your team.The trade will be good for the Lakers and Sacramento but not for Boston.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:30 pm

I don't see how the deal would be good for Sacramento. They'd get a tall but creaky Gasol for 20% of their entire squad and would lose 30 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists per game. I must be missing something. (It wouldn't be the first time.)

By sending Cousins and Travis Outlaw (who's dead weight on their roster) to the Celtics for Brandon Bass (IF the Celtics were agreeable), the Kings would still lose in the stats department, but stat amounts more in keeping with a team that's apparently desperate to get rid of Cousins while achieving their goal of getting veteran help in return—but someone who may have not yet reached his prime. (The Celts would gain, and the Kings would lose 13.7 PPG, 7.1 RPG and 2.3 APG.)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm

international,

Pisable is actually an appropriate name for that trade, no apologies needed!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Ok Pete.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Sam ,do you think that the adquisition of two young and talented players like Bradley and Sullinger,two proved veterans like Gasol and Terry and 2 future first round drafts for a crazyhorse like Cousins is not a good trade for Sacramento?And they get rid of bad contracts like Garcia and Hayes.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 pm

It is not a bad trade idea but probably not too realistic.
One interesting thing about Sacramento is that they really want to get out of the re-building mode with young players. For about 10 years now Sacramento has been a bad team whose young players aren't helping the team improve.

If I was Boston, I would be very interested in acquiring Cousins. I am not sure if I would give up Bradley, Sullinger and (2) 1st round picks.

Ultimately, I think only the Lakers would make this trade.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

International,

I believe the Kings are looking to upgrade their veteran presence rather than acquiring youth at this point in their evolution. Gasol and Terry were "proven" veterans earlier in their careers, but I believe Gasol is seriously on the downside of his career and susceptible to injury at any time; and I'm not yet sold on the value of Terry's inconsistent, one-trick game. That, plus the serious firepower and rebounding ability they'd be losing, makes me think they'd be crazy to make this deal. I also believe the Celtics would miss Sully and Bradley more than the Kings (as they're currently built) would benefit from their services.

The Kings could also shed Garcia's salary by trading him to the Celtics, along with Cousins, in return for two veterans—one not yet in his prime (Bass) and the other (Terry) past his prime. And the Celtics could throw in a draft pick or two (as long as they're not both number ones).

I'm not necessarily recommending that Bass + Terry for Cousins + Garcia is a trade the Celtics should make, but it would certainly be more equitable than your friend's configuration because the Celtics would gain, and Kings would lose, only 4.4 points per game, 4.5 rebounds per game, and 0.8 assists per game.

Moreover, to cite my continuity theme, a two-for-two trade would mean less disruption for both teams than as if the Celtics traded away three players and Sacramento traded away four players. That might not be such a big deal for the Kings, given their lowly status; but the Celtics are in the business of trying to improve their chemistry, not detract from it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:12 pm

I think Cousins trade value is significantly higher then others might.
There are very few 22 year old centers who average 17 points and 10 rebounds.
His one downside is his lack of maturity.
If you put him on a team that has veteran leaders and a coach that he respects, I would think he would mature pretty quickly.

Sacramento has some very talented players, but their roster is always filled with tweeners and players that seem to lose interest when they are 10 games under .500 after 1 month into the season. They really need a shakeup by adding a couple of veterans to the team.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Sam i cant evaluate a trade by stats or numbers,for example anybody knows that Avery Bradley is a lot more than a 3 or 4 points per game player and that Sully is more a rebounder than a 5.1 rebounds per game.I dont believe in stats but in skills and all around games.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 pm

International,

The stats were admittedly only part of the story. But they did a pretty good job of indicating what huge gap there would be between what the Celtics would give and would gain in the proposed trade.

The fact that Bradley's skills include defense that can't be measured by stats and Sully's rebounding appears to be escalating in value only magnifies the lunacy of the proposed trade from the Celtics' point of view.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 pm

tjmakz wrote:I think Cousins trade value is significantly higher then others might.
There are very few 22 year old centers who average 17 points and 10 rebounds.
His one downside is his lack of maturity.
If you put him on a team that has veteran leaders and a coach that he respects, I would think he would mature pretty quickly.

Sacramento has some very talented players, but their roster is always filled with tweeners and players that seem to lose interest when they are 10 games under .500 after 1 month into the season. They really need a shakeup by adding a couple of veterans to the team.

That is what I read on the Kings requests. They need a couple of "younger" veterans, that could also get better, enter Green. I know they would want young talent or draft pics as well. If DA made that trade and didn't pan out he would look rather stupid probably. If cousins turn into a 20-10 gut he would look like a genius.
Green is the logical player for the Lakers. The stretch 4 that they need. Now that makes sense for both the Lakers and the C's, other than more would have to be added to make salaries match. If we could somehow get Jimmy F or Evan that could work as well.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

tardust,

With the Lakers facing the super-tax next season, I doubt they would have much interest in aquiring Green and his contract. At $9m/year, he wouldn't do much to make the Lakers better, especially outside shooting. I don't see Jeff Green as a power forward, mostly due to his lack of rebounding, and not having much of a presence near the basket.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Tardust, I'm confused. By "Jimmy F," I assuming you're talking about Jimmer Fredette of Sacramento. Where did the Lakers come into the picture in your scenario?
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 am

Boston waive Jarvis Varnado and Kris Joseph,that means something must be cooking.Maybe the trade is true.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 am

international wrote:Boston waive Jarvis Varnado and Kris Joseph,that means something must be cooking.Maybe the trade is true.

A number of players were waived today.
A trade could be in the works, but maybe not.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 am

To waive Joseph does suggest a multiple player trade. Wasn't his contract guaranteed? That would mean he's not being waived to avoid guaranteeing his contract. That could be the case with Varnado.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am

Sam,

Neither Varnado or Joseph's contracts were guaranteed.
Boston is saving the remainder of their contracts plus luxury tax by waiving them.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 am

If Joseph had a guaranteed contract and there was a trade brewing, they would not have released him. There would be no advantage to release him now. All players that were waived today had non-guaranteed contracts.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 am

sam wrote:Tardust, I'm confused. By "Jimmy F," I assuming you're talking about Jimmer Fredette of Sacramento. Where did the Lakers come into the picture in your scenario?

I had been discussing this with others about a Laker and Celtic trade possibility. Gasol to the C's and Green to the Lakers. I know the Salaries don't match and more would have to be included. Green would fit what the Lakers are looking for in a Mike D's system and Gasol would fit what we are looking for. I think Green is just having trouble fitting into our system, as do a lot of new players to our team. He still has a lot of skill. Jimmy Fredette would be a player we might need to get if we purge a couple of guards from our team.

Yesterday was a long day. Sorry I wasn't more clear. BTW your now the first person I have confused.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next