Celtics F Chris Wilcox makes return to practice

Go down

Celtics F Chris Wilcox makes return to practice Empty Celtics F Chris Wilcox makes return to practice

Post by 112288 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:47 pm

By Tom Layman / Boston Herald

WALTHAM — Celtics forward Chris Wilcox was back on the practice court today, shooting around and displaying his heavily taped right hand for the first time since suffering an ulnar collateral sprain to his right thumb against Chicago in December.

Wilcox has missed the last 12 games and got his first taste of full-contact practice since injuring the thumb.

“It’s still sore, but it’s going to be like that for awhile,” Wilcox said before Celtics practice today at HealthPoint. “I’m just going to try and do whatever I can and just get back out on the court and see what I can go through and see what’s comfortable for me.”

Wilcox said he hasn’t had contact on the thumb since the injury occurred and said he is going to gauge his pain threshhold as the Celtics practice for Monday night's game at the Garden against the Charlotte Bobcats. Celts coach Doc Rivers was noncommittal about Wilcox’ return to the lineup, but it certainly seems like an injury that the 11-year forward will have to manage for most of the year.

“(It will) probably be something I have to deal with for a little while until it heals all the way back up, but you know, other than that I think everything should be straight,” Wilcox said.

Wilcox was averaging 4.7 points and 2.3 rebounds in 13.3 minutes per game before the injury.

Back to top Go down