11 Wins Down 67 To Go!

+2
jeb
6 posters

Go down

11 Wins Down 67 To Go! Empty 11 Wins Down 67 To Go!

Post by 112288 Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Wow , glad we got through this tough stretch of 2 games against the leagues elite teams. Now for the easier part of the schedule.

It is amazing that you don't know what team is on the floor at any given minute. One minute they are playing run and gun/shake and bake basketball and open a healthy lead, the next they are playing passive half court ball and allowing guys to dominate the paint and offensive boards and suddenly we are behind!

What Team Is It Doc?

Also, Williams, comes in and plays aggressive basketball with 4 rebounds 2/2 in 5 plus minutes, then he goes MIA. What is up with Doc? Even Tommy picks Williams over Davis down low.

Celtic's bench was out scored with 5:57 to go in the fourth period 42 to 21. Ouch!

Why Am I Complaining? 'Cause the Celtics should have blown out both NY and Phil if they were improving. They are not and I believe it is because they do not have the athleticism any more.

Tommy had a good point in the game that Philly would shoot the ball and you have 5 Philly players crashing the boards getting second chance because Doc has this 1/2 court offense game and is not keeping the other team on their heals and honest! The same goes when Celtics are on offense. They would shoot the ball and there would be perhaps one guy fighting for the rebound while the rest of the team is heading back on defense. This has been a pattern that I have seen the Celtics get into for the last 9 games. Why? Because they cannot keep up the pace with other teams regardless of how weak the other teams are.

Another good point made during the broadcast tonight was when it was pointed out that when an older player begins missing shots he normally buries, it is due to his legs going in that he cannot get vertical enough with the shoot. Wow that brings a number of players not hitting their normal 3 pters to light: Rasheed, Eddie House and Ray Allen.

It also appears the team just does not have the spirit it had from last several years and even up to game 6 of this season. Everyone seems to be subdued even in a win or during a big bust of points.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, MAY EVERYONE ENJOY THE SPIRIT OF FAMILY AND GOOD FRIENDS
DURING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. 112288

Back to top Go down

11 Wins Down 67 To Go! Empty Re: 11 Wins Down 67 To Go!

Post by jeb Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:12 pm

It aint pretty right now but we are 11-4 and .5 game off the leaders of the nba.

Lakers went through a real stinky stretch earlier. It happens. The team will figure it out.

Sheed did some good things out there tonight.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 pm

jeb65 wrote:1128

It aint pretty right now but we are 11-4 and .5 game off the leaders of the nba.

Lakers went through a real stinky stretch earlier. It happens. The team will figure it out.

Ya, but LA is without their center. Big Difference!

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 pm

112288 wrote:

Well the C's were without their starting PG until the 4th quarter when he finally decided to stop sulking and show up.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:38 pm

gacracker wrote:
112288 wrote:

Well the C's were without their starting PG until the 4th quarter when he finally decided to stop sulking and show up.

GC

Now that is a good Tommy Point! 112288

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 pm

On a short term it is not always negative to lose someone major, just look at the Hornets and Paul.

Whoever comes in will be likely to give top effort to show they deserve the spot and it can also bring the team together, because it is needed.

Celtics are not playing at their best but they are still winning most games, that is a good thing. Champions usually find ways to win games where things are not going great.

The problems that Celtics have kind of come in groups, if Rondo hesitates then the defenders stay off him and also makes his assists harder to get. Better shooting from his side (or shooting at all) ironically makes it more likely for him to get an assist and the Celtics an easy point.

When House/Rasheed/Allen is off their game then it will create more fastbreaks for the other team which in general is problematic for the Celtics. The looks they have had have been good though so I think it is better that they keep going for it than to start hesitating. If they are gonna cut out the 3 for a while it is better to do it before they get the opportunity rather than passing up good looks. Allen and Rasheed at least have the option of going to the basket, House not so much.

Defense is streaky but will get there when Garnett feels confident and the offense rolls a little better.

About Rondo in general and his woes...

I have seen people praise a player like Jennings (talking nba.com).
Ok he scores a lot of points but the last two games his shot has not been falling, he has been something like 3 of 11 both games. The difference between a player like Rondo and Jennings is that Rondo always has someone else he can pass to, this is of course nice for him and the team but I also think that it adds to his hesitation. When you have players like Pierce and Allen to pass the ball to when you dont feel good about your shot you might very well do so even if you should not.

Jennings on the other hand does not have the same kind of option. He might as well take the shot, if it falls it falls. I would rather not see Rondo start chucking it just for the sake of it but he needs to take them when people stay off him or when he has the best look.

Just rambling from my side..
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:17 am

Nice analysis as usual, 112288.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:25 am

GC

It's funny but the team is in his oversized hands. I have not the faintest idea what makes him tick. When he is on and penetrating we are close to unbeatable. It just opens the whole floor up. When he is average so are we. This is a rough stretch right now. But we are gritting out games.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 am

Sam wrote:Nice analysis as usual, 112288.

Sam

Thanks Sam!

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:25 am

Hi,
Despite being an optimist I don't see it hapenning. I mean 67 wins. With the way the team is playing now.
Yes, there're sparks here and there, e.g. Rondo in the 4th. But the spirit, drive or whatever you call it, is not there most of the time. Looks like they go through motions. Maybe something's going on inside the team that the general public is not aware of? I hope not.
Anyway, I'm positive that they'll find their groove and crush opponents in at least 50 games.
Happy Thanksgiving!
AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down