How to Penetrate EVERY Defense

3 posters

Go down

How to Penetrate EVERY Defense Empty How to Penetrate EVERY Defense

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:07 am

Demo'd at the TED2013 talks (TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design). TED talks are global conferences, sponsored by a non-profit, to present "ideas worth spreading". Here, a Post-it note is made to disappear.

I will guarantee you the Pentagon is intrigued, at the minimum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q3jBJHht4NU

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

How to Penetrate EVERY Defense Empty Re: How to Penetrate EVERY Defense

Post by Outside Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 pm

See, as a defensively-minded guy, I look at that as a defensive weapon. The offensive guy strolls in unaware that I'm even there until it's too late, when I swat his shot/apprehend him/blow him away, the type of response of course depending upon the situation and/or whether this occurs at the Palace at Auburn Hills.

Just curious, but in the video accessed through the link, it's a straw, not a Post-it note that "disappears." Is this a different video? In the one with the straw, it looks to be an optically convenient use of refraction.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am

Outside wrote:See, as a defensively-minded guy, I look at that as a defensive weapon. The offensive guy strolls in unaware that I'm even there until it's too late, when I swat his shot/apprehend him/blow him away, the type of response of course depending upon the situation and/or whether this occurs at the Palace at Auburn Hills.

Just curious, but in the video accessed through the link, it's a straw, not a Post-it note that "disappears." Is this a different video? In the one with the straw, it looks to be an optically convenient use of refraction.

outside,

Works both ways. It's hard to pass if you can't see the defender and it's hard to defend when the ball is suddenly passed to...NOBODY! And then it goes into the hoop. I see a lot of open jumpshots.

As far as the video goes, there is a post-it note that has the "cloaking fabric" in front of it, which is why you don't see it, and then they pull a straw laterally behind the post-it note. The purpose of pulling the straw along was so that, just in case you couldn't see where the post-it with the "cloaking fabric" was, the straw showed it by having the gap in the middle as it "disappeared" behind the post-it and you clearly saw the straw moving.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 am

I guess we could put at least six men on the court that way...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down