Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics

+2
international
6 posters

Go down

Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics Empty Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics

Post by 112288 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 am

By HOOPSWORLD

After receiving letter of clearance from the Chinese Basketball Association on Friday morning, forward Shavlik Randolph has signed a 10-day contract with the Boston Celtics.

After receiving letter of clearance from the Chinese Basketball Association on Friday morning, forward Shavlik Randolph has signed a 10-day contract with the Boston Celtics, agent Joel Bell told RealGM.

Randolph had already arrived in Boston, where he and the Celtics were waiting on clearance. The 29-year-old is participating in the Celtics’ morning shootaround Friday.

The Celtics have been searching for depth in the frontcourt throughout the season and signed D.J. White out of the Chinese league earlier this week.

Randolph has averaged 2.4 points and 2.4 rebounds over five NBA seasons with four different teams, having last played in 2009-10.

via Shams Charania of RealGM.

Back to top Go down

Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics Empty Re: Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics

Post by international Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am

His stats in China,second in scoring 32.0 points and third in rebounds 14.6.He was named the best import player in the Puerto Rico basketball league last year,over players like Donta Smith,Michael Sweetney,Patrick Obrien,Al Thorton,Julius Hodge,and and Rodney White.

international

Back to top Go down

Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics Empty Re: Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 am

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randosh01.html

He makes "No Pass Bass" look like Magic Johnson.

He scored a career high 12 points, against Cleveland, in 2006.

He's 6-9", played in a very good program at Duke, and was undrafted.

Here's his career in China:

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Shavlik_Randolph/Cangrejeros_de_Santurce/32187

Averaged 14.6rpg and 32ppg. Hmmm. Sounds like Kris Joseph looking like the second coming of Grant Hill, in the Orlando summer league.

Allegedly, the Celtics decided to sign this guy after losing the Louis Amundsen Sweepstakes. So this guy is the Celtics' consolation prize after not landing The Brick Meister, Lou Amundsen?

The virtue of novelty being what it is, when was the last time you heard of a white guy named Shavlik?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Bob ,in the 2009-10 season he had 3.4 points per game and 4.3 boards with Miami in 15 minutes.If he can duplicate those numbers ,specially the 4.3 rebounds he is going to help our team/

international

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Shavlik Randolph to Sign With Celtics Shavli10

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Well, might as well give him a 'look-see', he's in green. Who knows? Maybe he's gotten his act together and can be a Kris Humphries/Kurt Rambis type for us. Coming off the end of an international season, playing for the minimum, I would definitely take a Kris Humphries and be giddy about it.

So, now we have DJ White and Randolph, both on 10-day contracts. Two 6'9" PFs. Wanna bet one of them doesn't a second 10-day contract?

Can you believe we started the season with 3 7'ers (KG, Darko and Collins) and now we're down to 1?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Bob,

There is a link with Kris Humphries. I just read that Shavlik just changed his last name to Kardashian.

Now I know why we picked Shavlik as my younger daughter's middle name in 1967. All these years I had wondered.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm

sam wrote:Bob,

There is a link with Kris Humphries. I just read that Shavlik just changed his last name to Kardashian.

Now I know why we picked Shavlik as my younger daughter's middle name in 1967. All these years I had wondered.

Sam

sam,

My idea of a nightmare is waking up in Vegas, married to a Kardashian. Ever see the movie "The Hangover"? Like that, except instead of waking up and seeing a tiger in the bathroom and me missing a front tooth, it's Khloe and I'm missing my pants. Much worse.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:31 pm

All I know is he came through Duke under Coach K right here in my backyard and that's enough of a work ethic/discipline to easily give him a second chance with us and probably fit in quite well with the Celtics approach. From tonight's box score of 2 OR's out of 44 total maybe he can help get his hands on the ball after a miss on offense. Although looking at us shooting almost 50%, there weren't a lot of OR's to be had for us.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:20 pm

As predicted, the Celtics re-signed Randolph to another 10-day contract.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down