Charge Watch

2 posters

Go down

Charge Watch Empty Charge Watch

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4704261/chargewatch-pierce-set-to-wear-crown

With two games left in the regular season, Boston Celtics captain Paul Pierce holds a sizable lead on the field in charges drawn this season and is set to wear the team crown this year. Here's a look at Boston's individual leaderboard, based on data logged by Synergy Sports, entering the final week of the regular season:

22 - Paul Pierce
19 - Rajon Rondo
16 - Jeff Green
15 - Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger
10 - Kevin Garnett
7 - Shavlik Randolph, Jason Terry
6 - Chris Wilcox
3 - Courtney Lee
2 - Brandon Bass
1 - Jordan Crawford, Terrence Williams

Rather impressive that Randolph has drawn seven charges in a mere 15 games. That's been a nice boost for a Celtics team that clearly lost much of its charge-taking talent when both Rondo and Sullinger went down.

Chargewatch champs from recent seasons (via Synergy data):

2011-2012: Jermaine O'Neal - 24
2010-2011: Glen Davis - 54
2009-2010: Kendrick Perkins - 42
2008-2009: Kendrick Perkins - 49
2007-2008: Kendrick Perkins - 33

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Charge Watch Empty Re: Charge Watch

Post by tardust Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

I saw this when it first came out. Considering the minutes Shav plays it is very impressive. I will we would get away from small ball and get some size in there on a regular basis. Shav would get in foul trouble but so did Perk. He would learn quicker than Perk on staying out of trouble. He has a knack for getting loose balls, can score the ball. To me his positives outweigh his negatives. I would like to actually win in the rebounding department every once in a while.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down