Matty
gyso
worcester
dboss
dbrown4
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stephen A. hearing C's-Clips whispers - Page 2 Empty Re: Stephen A. hearing C's-Clips whispers

Post by bobheckler Tue May 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Outside wrote:Re: Stephen A. hearing C's-Clips whispers

I'm not surprised that Stephen A. is hearing things.

I'm not surprised that Stephen A. is saying absurd things and saying them with total conviction. It's his schtick, and he's made a career out of it.

What does surprise me is that Stephen A. has an audience. It makes me wonder how we retain our status as the dominant species on the planet.

outside,

We're the dominant species on the planet? Really? Wanna put some money on who outlives whom, us vs cockroaches?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. hearing C's-Clips whispers - Page 2 Empty Re: Stephen A. hearing C's-Clips whispers

Post by Outside Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm

bobheckler wrote:We're the dominant species on the planet? Really? Wanna put some money on who outlives whom, us vs cockroaches?
I'm sure cockroaches or ants or some microscopic form of life is more durable in the long run, but considering how much we've changed the surface of the planet and everything living here, yeah, we're currently the dominant species on the planet.

I do like how you worked cockroaches into a discussion of Stephen A., though.

Last edited by Outside on Wed May 08, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue May 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Tardigrades vs. cockroaches
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Are lobsters related to the roach family?

Cockroaches are distantly related to arthropods such as spiders (arachnids) and crustaceans (shrimp, crabs and lobsters).

Cockroaches are insects (Class Hexapoda) and lobsters are decapod crustaceans (Class Crustacea). The term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers. Cockroaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters.

They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment.

GIVE ME MINE WITH DRAWN BUTTER PLEASE!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 07, 2013 11:11 pm

112288 wrote:Are lobsters related to the roach family?

Cockroaches are distantly related to arthropods such as spiders (arachnids) and crustaceans (shrimp, crabs and lobsters).

Cockroaches are insects (Class Hexapoda) and lobsters are decapod crustaceans (Class Crustacea). The term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers. Cockroaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters.

They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment.

GIVE ME MINE WITH DRAWN BUTTER PLEASE!

Well, there you have it. The fact that we can boil 'em and dip 'em in drawn butter makes us the dominant species in my book.

I like grilling the tails too. Serve those babies up out on the patio along with a rare-ish tenderloin and a mellower red, like a pinot noir, and then adjourn to the fire pit with a nice single malt served neat.

Top of the food chain. Lets see the cockroaches pull that one off.

Stephen A.? Not on the guest list.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed May 08, 2013 3:02 am

swedeinestonia wrote:Tardigrades vs. cockroaches
I looked up tardigrades. I'll put my money on them. Talk about a survivor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2013 7:53 am

I'm with you cowens/oldschool. CHI is going to have to win at least two in MIA to pull it off, though. If CHI wants to scare the proverbial crap out of them, winning tonight will go a long, long way.

Chances of that happening....slim and none! But that's way we play the games!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks, swede. I learned something new this am! Very interesting creature.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed May 08, 2013 8:16 am

Since we are labeling Stephen A. Smith a cockroache ........and cockroaches are related to lobsters....................

DOES SMITH HAVE A SHOT AT MAKING THE MAINE RED CLAWS ROSTER?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 08, 2013 9:51 am

This guy just loves stirring up ridiculous rumors. He loves to to hear his own voice. You are giving him much too much attention, he is a nobody as far as I am concerned. He throws this stuff against the wall hoping something, just one thing, will stick and he can say I told you so. A real nothing.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2013 5:50 pm

He was right about LeBron going to Miami.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm

dbrown4 wrote:He was right about LeBron going to Miami.

A stopped clock is right twice per day.
We all knew LeBron was going to either NY or Miami.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 pm

dbrown4 wrote:He was right about LeBron going to Miami.
Dbrown,

Rosalie's post right above yours nails it -- "He throws this stuff against the wall hoping something, just one thing, will stick and he can say I told you so."

You found the one thing that stuck.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

He is a talking head for sure, but he's very entertaining sitting across from Skip Bayless. He just an entertainer, that's all. As has been pointed out, not much substance. The only things of substance on ESPN now are the 30 for 30's.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2