Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics

2 posters

Go down

Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics Empty Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics

Post by bobheckler Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

@ #16 is

6'5" point guard Michael Carter-Williams, of Syracuse.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Michael-Carter-Williams-6262/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=plP3GlYKFQU[/youtube]

It strikes me the draft is very thin this year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics Empty Re: Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics

Post by NYCelt Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Bob,

Very thin this year indeed.

Of the players who may be on the board by the time we pick I hope to see us walk away with Plumlee, Dieng or Withey, all centers and primarily for defensive potential.

Cauley-Stein is going back to school, and he may have been the big steal among the bigs. He's still developing but I like his potential better than the guy ahead of him, Noel, this year's likely #1 pick.

Carter-Williams was a huge factor in the Orange's strong run this year. Unfortunately he has the questionable personal characteristics of so many SYC stars that preceded him. He'll go high, but has personal and basketball deficiencies, and there may be more well rounded point guards available later. If we're not looking big I think a PG I'd rather see is Erick Green.

My annual reminder; I have called none of our draft picks correctly that I can recall.

Hope your trip was enjoyable...or are you still there?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics Empty Re: Chad Ford's Mock NBA Draft Pick for the Celtics

Post by bobheckler Thu May 09, 2013 4:56 am

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

Very thin this year indeed.

Of the players who may be on the board by the time we pick I hope to see us walk away with Plumlee, Dieng or Withey, all centers and primarily for defensive potential.

Cauley-Stein is going back to school, and he may have been the big steal among the bigs. He's still developing but I like his potential better than the guy ahead of him, Noel, this year's likely #1 pick.

Carter-Williams was a huge factor in the Orange's strong run this year. Unfortunately he has the questionable personal characteristics of so many SYC stars that preceded him. He'll go high, but has personal and basketball deficiencies, and there may be more well rounded point guards available later. If we're not looking big I think a PG I'd rather see is Erick Green.

My annual reminder; I have called none of our draft picks correctly that I can recall.

Hope your trip was enjoyable...or are you still there?

Regards

NYCelt,

I am currently in Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand and at the southern tip of the North Island.

I am leaving tomorrow for Tongariro National Park, for a 7-8 hour walkabout the day after.

I'm flying back on May 27th.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down